What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 pm Why am I not surprised? :roll:
That you have the musical taste of a twelve year old girl ? Doesn't surprise me in the least bit. :lol:
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 pmStill, I think sales numbers prove my point.
What are the sales numbers for your music ? Ever sell a CD ? A Ticket to a Show ? Merch ? Ever been on Tour ? Anything ?

Novakill has so unless you've done better then it's probably best to let it go....... :wink:
I never understood that argument. It's like saying I can't tell food is crap just because I am not a chef myself :roll:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 pm I won't waste it on negativity.
You're nothing but negative here..... :lol:
Not at all, I am always in a good mood, even today after a little surgery :)
Being negative about something negative is being positive.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 pm I never understood that argument. It's like saying I can't tell food is crap just because I am not a chef myself :roll:
You're missing the point. It's really like saying "your food sucks" when in fact you haven't even been in a kitchen. If you tell someone to put a dish on the table you better be ready to put one on yourself or you just make yourself look bad.

Or is BONES the only person here who has to post his music just to be allowed to have an opinion however controversial ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 pm Not at all, I am always in a good mood,
We're not talking about your mood we're talking about your posting. "Ooooh this is too harsh and cold", "this isn't enough, that's too much, nothing's ever good enough". All you do is complain here.

The irony is so thick you can cut it with a chainsaw....... :lol:
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 pm Being negative about something negative is being positive.
So we're not allowed to complain unless we're complaining about someone else complaining ? Sounds like the height of hypocrisy to me..... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 pm I never understood that argument. It's like saying I can't tell food is crap just because I am not a chef myself :roll:
You're missing the point. It's really like saying "your food sucks" when in fact you haven't even been in a kitchen. If you tell someone to put a dish on the table you better be ready to put one on yourself or you just make yourself look bad.

Or is BONES the only person here who has to post his music just to be allowed to have an opinion however controversial ?
Why do I have to have been in a kitchen to be able to tell whether or not a dish tastes good?! That makes no sense... My taste buds are what they are, and the food consists of a specific mix of chemical substances. So, my own capabilities as a cook make no difference.

He doesn't have to post his music. Out of curiosity I just asked him to post a link after he made certain comments. And I think his music explains perfectly why he likes the patches he likes...

Anyway BONES and I have been arguing with each other since the early 2000's when Synapse Audio was just a Yahoo Group. As far as I can remember neither one of us has ever changed the other's mind on anything.

I look at the BONES persona kind of like Unknown Hinson.....sort of a caricature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq07deBzQfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSgFABwtiw

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:29 am Out of curiosity I just asked him to post a link after he made certain comments.
And you have made "certain comments" so shouldn't you also have to post your music ? Why should he have to back his comments up and you shouldn't have to ? Does that really seem fair ?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:17 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 pm Not at all, I am always in a good mood,
We're not talking about your mood we're talking about your posting. "Ooooh this is too harsh and cold", "this isn't enough, that's too much, nothing's ever good enough". All you do is complain here.

The irony is so thick you can cut it with a chainsaw....... :lol:
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 pm Being negative about something negative is being positive.
So we're not allowed to complain unless we're complaining about someone else complaining ? Sounds like the height of hypocrisy to me..... :roll:
What's negative about having an opinion about something? What would be the point in saying something is good when basically it's a lie?
Where did I say what you quoted? I don't think I used "too" in such a context, I mean, too whatever for what?

Who says someone else is not allowed to complain? I don't.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:38 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:29 am Out of curiosity I just asked him to post a link after he made certain comments.
And you have made "certain comments" so shouldn't you also have to post your music ? Why should he have to back his comments up and you shouldn't have to ? Does that really seem fair ?
Again, he didn't have to post his music. Who am I to force him to do anything?! I invited him and he could simply have refused, but he probably wanted to post his music...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:40 am Again, he didn't have to post his music. Who am I to force him to do anything?! I invited him and he could simply have refused, but he probably wanted to post his music...
And you didn't have to ask him to just because you disagreed with his thoughts on Sylenth.

He gave you the chance to critique his music so don't you own him the courtesy of doing the same to yours ?
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:59 pm But your music sounds like torture to my ears, frankly :?
No I guess not. Oh well that's what separates the men from the boys...... :wink:

Anyway enough about BONES. He's a big boy and can defend himself.

Back on topic, I like Sylenth 1. Is it my favorite synth ? No. Do I think it's over priced compared to today's competition ? Yes. But Lennard seems to be doing just fine without our advice so we just party on.... :party:

Last edited by goldenanalog on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:01 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:40 am Again, he didn't have to post his music. Who am I to force him to do anything?! I invited him and he could simply have refused, but he probably wanted to post his music...
And you didn't have to ask him to just because you disagreed with his thoughts on Sylenth.

He gave you the chance to critique his music so don't you own him the courtesy of doing the same to yours ?
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:59 pm But your music sounds like torture to my ears, frankly :?
No I guess not. Oh well that's what separates the men from the boys...... :wink:

Anyway enough about BONES. He's a big boy and can defend himself.

Back on topic, I like Sylenth 1. Is it my favorite synth ? No. Do I think it's over priced compared to today's competition ? Yes. But Lennard seems to be doing just fine without our advice so we just party on.... :party:
I didn't ask him because of Sylenth1, but because of the nature of his Dune patch. If he had made that patch in Sylenth1 or any other synth, I would have asked him just the same.

No, I don't own him anything. He is a musician or "singer", he wants people to listen to his music. I don't. And should I ever post a song here, people are free to rip it apart. I won't be offended or anything. And I won't tell anyone to do it better or shut up.
But I don't think I ever will post a complete song here because I don't think much of most people's musical taste on KVR. So, if anything, an insult would be a compliment :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 pm I know what the world looks like, believe me. But, there is no point in that anger and rage attitude because it is counterproductive as the people that matter and run the world turn away and any legitimate message you might have gets lost. Serious people in charge don't want to have to do with radical fringe people.
Also, I can try to make the world a better place while remaining happy and pleasant. I feel obliged to do both as I only have this one life and I won't waste it on negativity.
anger is energy.

Last edited by goldenanalog on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 am But I don't think I ever will post a complete song.
In my world your bitch ass got pwned..... :lol: (Language Alert but that's the way I talk in real life to people's faces).

Ok go take your rightful place with the kids at the small table. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”