What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hyde Park Shite

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 pm Oh, I am well aware of all the problems the world is facing. My point is that there is no point in making angry music as it only makes most people turn away, especially those in charge, but also the masses. They don't take angry musicians seriously. So you are angry in vain. You want to change things, right?

How old am I? Since you said you are 60 (right?), I am almost as old as you. I used to be a Buddhist, that might explain my very different state of mind, compared with so many people today.
i missed most of the conversation, so maybe i am replying out of context, but music is art, sometimes art needs to be angry.
if you are making music in hopes of becoming a pop star then i agree, angry music will not help, but if you want to be a pop star then the music you make is not what is going to get you there.

personally i love angry music and it is happy music that makes me turn away. but i dont care for pop culture and i would much rather listen to what i like than what people tell me to like, and when i make music i make it for people who care about the music, not people who listen because they are told to.
true music fans will not care about the emotion, more how the emotion is portrayed.

Pop music can be serious and highly critical of society, too, no need for angry, noisy music. Think of Sting's Russians, or many Stevie Wonder songs of the 70s and 80s, or Folk music...
Sting's Russians song is famous and has touched many more people than an angry, noisy song ever could.

parricide wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:44 am
fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 pm Oh, I am well aware of all the problems the world is facing. My point is that there is no point in making angry music as it only makes most people turn away, especially those in charge, but also the masses. They don't take angry musicians seriously. So you are angry in vain. You want to change things, right?

How old am I? Since you said you are 60 (right?), I am almost as old as you. I used to be a Buddhist, that might explain my very different state of mind, compared with so many people today.
i missed most of the conversation, so maybe i am replying out of context, but music is art, sometimes art needs to be angry.
if you are making music in hopes of becoming a pop star then i agree, angry music will not help, but if you want to be a pop star then the music you make is not what is going to get you there.

personally i love angry music and it is happy music that makes me turn away. but i dont care for pop culture and i would much rather listen to what i like than what people tell me to like, and when i make music i make it for people who care about the music, not people who listen because they are told to.
true music fans will not care about the emotion, more how the emotion is portrayed.
Nevermind, it's just FLS thinks his musical tastes are superior to everyone else's

Don't we all? :)

For the record, I think FLS listens to some of the most boring middle of the road music ever created by mandkind, but if it makes him happy, why not? :wink:
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:09 am Sting's Russians song is famous and has touched many more people than an angry, noisy song ever could.
Never heard about this song, so I youtubed it. The lyrics do carry the message which unfortunately is spot on again in 2018. But the music does nothing for me.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Not at all superior, but different. All I am saying is that Bones' angry music doesn't appeal to most people, hence any message he might have gets lost.

Middle of the road is where most people are, hence there is nothing negative about it.

The Sting song was very well-known in the 80s, in the top 10 or top 20 in many countries.
He has had many songs with thoughtful, serious lyrics, Shape of my heart etc.
Yet, he makes music that is at the same time pleasant to listen to, thus he reaches many people with his messages and thoughts.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm Not at all superior, but different. All I am saying is that Bones' angry music doesn't appeal to most people, hence any message he might have gets lost.

Middle of the road is where most people are, hence there is nothing negative about it.

The Sting song was very well-known in the 80s, in the top 10 or top 20 in many countries.
Yet, he makes music that is at the same time pleasant to listen to, thus he reaches many people with his messages and thoughts.
There is still an audience for angry music though. Otherwise, it wouldn't be made. Look at the punk rock movement in the late 70s.

You can build a nice following making music that isn't middle of the road.

LOL. Again, <music which appeals to most people> is the metric for... who knows what. For f_l_s's taste apparently, anyway.
I would look for qualities inherent in the music, but that's clearly not for... *most people*, albeit I have not done an exhaustive quest for data here.

To be a little more on-topic: is Sylenth1 for most people? :D
'cause I listened to a little bit from this movie it was used in - I was about to watch that one - and I don't care at all for that whole kind of sound. I can see why it's popular in these parts though.
I may even avoid the f**king movie now, so thanks for that. :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm Middle of the road is where most people are, hence there is nothing negative about it.
Your fallacy is known as argumentum ad populum. AGAIN.

But pointing it out to someone that's only ever going to keep doing it like it changes anything is :bang:
Since you're going to do it and for some morbid reason I keep returning to this vomit, I'm holding it up for ridicule.
Not because I'm angry, just to provide some balance. :help:
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What movie?

What is the point of making music when few people want to hear it? 8)

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm Not at all superior, but different. All I am saying is that Bones' angry music doesn't appeal to most people, hence any message he might have gets lost.

There is still an audience for angry music though. Otherwise, it wouldn't be made. Look at the punk rock movement in the late 70s.

You can build a nice following making music that isn't middle of the road.
the importance of such subcultures is not to be sniffed at.
the kids listening to bones today, they're more likely to be the radical thinkers of the future than the "i listen to whatever im told to by the djs on the radio" losers.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:55 pm What movie?

What is the point of making music when few people want to hear it? 8)
well, why do you make music then?
you don't even share yours.

bones has played to rooms full of people.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:58 pm the importance of such subcultures is not to be sniffed at.
the kids listening to bones today, they're more likely to be the radical thinkers of the future than the "i listen to whatever im told to by the djs on the radio" losers.
:lol:

I like BONES' music BTW. :) Dunno, always had a soft spot for gothic/industrial. Even though i never listened to it consciously.

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:58 pm the importance of such subcultures is not to be sniffed at.

I like BONES' music BTW. :) Dunno, always had a soft spot for gothic/industrial. Even though i never listened to it consciously.
I'll listen to anything but rap or reggae. Though I do like Linkin Park.

what if fluffy would prefer there be no radical thinkers of the future upsetting the applecart of bland inoffensive pleasantness
where most people are
= can only ever be positive

Where most people in Deutschland were in 1934... hmmm... nothing negative can be said about this, yeah?

The fallacy is just too easy to understand, but no.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm

I'll listen to anything but rap or reggae. Though I do like Linkin Park.
Yeah… my horizon has widened too, since i'm not a narrow-minded juvenile anymore. :)

@jancivil: Please, not that kind of niveau. Or do you want to be reminded of how Americans used to treat black people? Or Amerindians. Or...
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”