What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
jancivil
KVRAF
17000 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 am

Anyway, doing the deep research this kind of thread really requires, I found this statement:

Britney Spears' hit single Baby One More Time has been named the best song of the last 35 years.

I suppose I should follow up and find out 'according to whom?'
Also, too, I saw that it gave rise to a trend in Catholic schoolgirl outfits. Which most people like to see!

But it is a great song although arguably less angry than BONES
I'm not usually into religion but hey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8fsX-B0BE

pdxindy
KVRAF
14811 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: What is it about Sylenth1 ?

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am

chk071 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:37 am
pdxindy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:33 am
chk071 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:23 am
Just wondered where the need is to come with nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all.
Nazi comparisons are rather apt when talking about the United States
Dunno man, i think you really seem to see things a bit too extreme.
"Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government."

Quoted from a speech by Dr. King in 1967

It was true then and it's true today. Not a week has gone by since that speech that the US is not killing people in at least one country... often multiple countries.

Since the end of WWII, the US is responsible for the deaths of 20-40 million people (depending on how you count). The US is a culture that worships war and death and as we chat, US weapons are killing people in at least a half dozens countries. Endless war is the centerpiece of the psyche of the country.

vurt
addled muppet weed
40720 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:02 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:56 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:36 am
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 am
]

Sure, every genre has its fans. Still, play his music to 100 random people in the pedestrian zone and you will find that maybe 5% like it, probably even less than that.
not really important.
which, if you felt the need to make music, as an actual driving force in your life, then you might understand.
There is nothing to any music unless there is an audience for it. Even classical musicians such as Mozart were hired by courts and had to appeal to their audience.
f**k mozart and the horse he rode in on :shrug:

Hink
Rad Grandad
27896 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am

pdxindy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am
chk071 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:37 am
pdxindy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:33 am
chk071 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:23 am
Just wondered where the need is to come with nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all.
Nazi comparisons are rather apt when talking about the United States
Dunno man, i think you really seem to see things a bit too extreme.
"Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government."

Quoted from a speech by Dr. King in 1967

It was true then and it's true today. Not a week has gone by since that speech that the US is not killing people in at least one country... often multiple countries.

Since the end of WWII, the US is responsible for the deaths of 20-40 million people (depending on how you count). The US is a culture that worships war and death and as we chat, US weapons are killing people in at least a half dozens countries. Endless war is the centerpiece of the psyche of the country.
hpc material
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

jancivil
KVRAF
17000 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am

chk071 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:54 am
Let's put it like this: It was a unfortunate comparison, while there's thousands of comparisons you could have chosen, but those weren't stark enough for you, so you chose this one. To make your point stronger, and also to offend fls. Or at least to make clear that you're annoyed of his arguments.
No, I didn't do it to offend. You're offended, and you want to make it into something. :shrug:

It is the strongest way to illustrate the fallacy I know. It isn't a comparison to anything. Even to Coldplay. :D

I'm not even annoyed, I have to laugh because he is either never going to grasp it or it suits him to play like he is that obtuse for fun.

Return to “Instruments”