KX77FREE 05 2020 > Major update of 64 bit plug-ins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16 SE PolyMod KX

09/02/2020 - Updates of zip for beta testing (SE 1.4440) and Kx WaveTracer plug-in.

Kx WaveTracer version 4.00:

FX VST plug-in to create compatible waveforms with all KX77FREE plug-ins.

Features:
-Easy to use and to create basic analogue waveforms.
-Full parameters to make complex additive waveforms with no aliasing.
-Full 32-bit float data, multi band limited lookup tables per waveform.
-Same quality for all clock frequencies: 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
-13.75 Hz to 23200 Hz or more (harmonic frequency limit).
-Level and Phase parameters.
-Up to 1600 harmonics for the bass frequencies (0 volts: 13.75hz).
-Possibility to automate the level and phase of all harmonics.
-Possibility to mix several waveforms following the frequencies (0 to 10 volts).
-Possibility to use absolute or relative levels on the first main harmonics.
-Frequency analysers to compare the current waveform with the signal input.
-Built-in oscillator to listen the waveform.
-Independent x64 console program: KxWaveTracer.exe (DAW CPU safe).

V4.00 new features:
-Possibility to copy directly the main levels of 40 first harmonics detected by the audio inputs analyser.
-Possibility to sample the internal kxw oscillator output or the audio inputs (left or right input, current sample rate, mono, 16-bit PCM or 32-bit float).
-The sample tune is based on the virtual keyboard, the input signal must be tuned with the oscillator (by listening, with the scopes and analysers). By this way it is possible to find precisely the loop duration for each note sampled.
-Only one button to fill the wave buffer and after to record the WAV file.
-Auto WAV file duration based on one cycle (out of tune, eg: 48kHz -> 440hz -> 109.0909 -> 109 spl) or on a number of cycles following the rounded tune frequency (tuned, eg: 440 hz = 440 cycles -> 440*109.0909...= 48000 spl).
-Auto loop with zero crossing, the loop time is simply the file duration from start to end file.
-Possibility to listen the looped wave buffer to record again if you forget to tune your sampled instrument.
-3 scopes: input, sampling input, wave buffer. There is a little knob to adjust their visibility on the background.
-49 waveform presets.
-New skin.

Story : x86: version 1.00 07-2007 - KVR DC 2007 - www.kvraudio.com/developer_challenge_2007.php

Inside the zip, there is a folder named "WaveTracer", copy this one on the root of your disk C. The default paths are based on the C:\WaveTracer to simplify the main installation, by this way no need to set the KxWavetracer program in administrator mode to write the waveforms and also to avoid the users document folder with a specific name.

Tracks done with KX77FREE plug-ins: YouTube.com/user/KX77FREE

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html

Last edited by kx77free on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Is there a stand-alone version of this, or is it just a plug-in?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am Is there a stand-alone version of this, or is it just a plug-in?
It's just a plug-in.

This plug-in is a GUI for a console program KxWaveTracer.exe.
The VST build two files, the data.kxw which contains the parameters data and the ini file. The program built the waveform following the parameters and adds also the parameters inside the waveform file (*.kxw). The import parameters from waveforms is not implemented yet but it's in the to do list.

The original concept is to use the waveforms in all KX77FREE plug-ins (except the SE PolyMod KX which uses SE oscillators with oversampling).
Per example you can use classics waveforms and more with the Kx Synth x16 (VCS3 sim) in place of its special waveforms done with the original records of Scot Solida' VCS3.

So the stand alone way will be not a good idea now because I added the analyser copy to levels and the sampling options. It's more easy to implement these ones in a FX plug-in because I need the audio inputs.

Originally the Wavetracer was created for my first VST Kx Modulad (KVR DC 2007) which used my wave table oscillators. It's easy to do band limited oscillators but the waveforms must be created before. This is why I did that, for automate and simplify the processes when each sine functions are added to do waveforms.
There were several simple ways to calculate the sin() functions in the DSP thread or with an external exe .
I'm an autodidact, so in 2006 the SE SDK was less clear for me, I was novice with the SE SDK and c++. We can easily add the sine() in the DSP inter frame for do simple waveforms (Sine, Square, Saw...) but I wanted to do more, with no limits and constraints. The WaveTracer program calculations doesn't affect your DAW CPU use.

OK, I will try that as a plug-in in an audio editor. Will I be able to use it with any audio file, or do they have to obey to some specific requirements?

It is just 32-bit, right?
Fernando (FMR)

hi,

I tested it in standard DAWs like Cubase, it's real time VST.

It's a VST3 Win 64 bit with a VST2 wrapper, so you can use it in VST2 simply by changing its extension .vst3 to .dll. The exe folder default path is based on C:\WaveTracer , of course you can change it.

Before to use it, you must:
In the plug-in folder find and copy the "WaveTracer" folder on the root of your C: disk. This one contains the exe and the other folders which will contain your wav files or waveforms.

and install the MicroSoft redist 2015:
Link to get the 2015 version (the 2017 version is compatible, check your already installed packages):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53587

The plug-in sample the audio signal from its inputs, you can try to sample what you want but the wav and loop duration is based on the tune of the last note played (you can held the note) on the virtual keyboard. Also if there is too amplitude difference between the start and end sample even if the zero crossing works, you risk to listen a bad loop. It's important to tune your audio source.

To check the audio signal , there is one analyser with red drawing and 3 scopes :
first for the plugin audio inputs, second for the sampling inputs (ext inputs or oscillator out), third for the wave buffer. Use the little knob to adfjust their visibility.
All buttons and knobs have their help text when you held the mouse on them.

When you sample the oscillator or the audio if the "prev" button is activate, you will listen the audio buffer when the buffer is filled and the wav is recorded , so if you listen a bad loop, you can easily sample again with the "Sampling" button:
One push to fill the buffer > the buffer is filled is you see the FS/SPL value different than 0 and after you push again and the wav file is created and you can listen the current buffer.

The exported wav is in mono, 16 bit pcm with noise dithering or in 32 bit float (full lossless). The sample rate is the current DAW FS clock.
For other formats you can convert the 32 bit files in what you want.

The main idea it's the plug-in can be a good help to sample quickly a classic analogue oscillator or to build a waveform in additive synthesis and to export it as a multi band limited wave-table for the KX77FREE plug-ins or in simple sample to do SF2 banks per example.

Amazing work!

Http://kx77free.free.fr

To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins and the 32 bit (x86) version of SE PolyMod KX plug-in require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins. The AU version of SE PolyMod KX doesn't need these files...

Link to get the 2015 version (the 2017 version is compatible, check your already installed packages):

- The previous version of each 64 bit plug-in is available in the zip (README install old ver.txt): Old-x64-ver-x14-dll-sem-Some-KX77FREE-sem-src-code.zip
This will allow you to convert your XML presets saved with previous versions to the VST3 format because unfortunately the old XML format is not compatible with the new versions. This zip also contains the source files of some of my SEM modules and those based on the original SE SEM modules (SampleOscillator3, WaveRecorder3, various tools).

---> Latest updates

28/05/2020 - Important update of 64 bit plug-ins
Kx Synth x16 7.0 / Kx PolyM CSE 3.0 / Kx PolyMod 3.0 / Kx Modulad 5.0 / Kx WaveTracer 5.0 / SE PolyMod KX 2.0
SDK 10 2018 - SE 1.4283 for previous versions (x.x14 -> previous paragraph).
SDK 04 2020 - SE 1.4462
- Made with a recent and stable version of SE (1.4462) and its SDK3 (C++).
- New SR option to change the internal sample rate up to 192k (beta, for advanced users, please read the Readme file).
- New internal preset management.
- Possibility to load VST3 presets with VST2 plug-ins.
- Midi learn settings saved in the presets.
- Kx PolyMod: new oversampled distortion effect, Tube (version 2.14 and 3.00).
- Total of 1042 VST3 presets for the 6 plug-ins.
- SE PolyMod KX - AU 64 bit: updated with the latest SE version 1.4488 debugged on recent OSX versions by MAC developers from SE community.

The zip files of AU and VST2 X86 of the SE PolyMod KX plug-in contain also the previous version because the AU plug-in is beta testing again and I don't regularly use the x86 version (belt and shoulder strap).

Fixed bugs:
- The plug-in outputs were muted for a short time when the first initialisation of GUI editors when these ones were opened (also fixed on x.x14 versions).
- Help texts were displayed incomplete.

Re,

I wrote the KVR news so I add these technical informations about the changes:
The new internal preset manager can load previous VST3 presets but it cannot load previous XML presets.
Now when you use this VST3 with its VST2 wrapper feature (.vst3 ->.dll), you can load also the VST3 presets. This is why I provide only the VST3 presets to reduce the zip size.
So it is recommended to install them following the Readme text because the internal preset menu shows only the installed VST3 presets!

The previous versions still available in the zip file: "Old-x64-ver-x14-dll-sem-Some-KX77FREE-sem-src-code.zip" (read the previous post).
Use VST3 Hosts with previous versions to convert your old xml files to VST3 presets.
Some DAW like Cubase do not support VST with same ID, so in this case you must disable one plug-in following your choice.
Per example for the plug-in Kx Synth x16 if you want to use the 6.14 version you need to change the .614 extension by .vst3 or .dll and to change also the extension .vst3 of the last version by .700 if you use a DAW which does not support VST with same ID.

Of course if you create a DAW session with 7.00 version, you will not able to load it with the older versions 6.x of the plug-in! It is recommended to load your old sessions with the 7.00 version and after to save them with new names.
New Load and Save features work fine only with vstpreset and xmlpreset extensions (to do list), the new files are not compatible with older plug-ins!

About new SR option:

The SR option can be good for the end users which use 44.1k with their DAW to avoid to transpose theirs audio tracks.

DON'T CHANGE THE SR PARAMETER IN LIVE!
YOU DON'T NEED TO INCREASE THE SR, it's only for complex patches with a lot of high frequencies modulations and distortion.
Anyway, the DSP processes (Filter, RM, Sync, look up tables oscillator, etc…) of KX77FREE plug-ins are already band limited and oversampled like all good VA. In the majority of case you do not need to use this option!

When the internal sample rate is changed the plug-in is initialized again.
There are some internal processes which are muted during this initialization following each plug-in:
Midi notes, sequencer, outputs, etc...
Per example the x16 sequencer will start few seconds before the voices on the Kx Synth x16.
The RUN led on the main panel of Kx Synth x16 is off when the plug-in is initialized.
On the others plug-ins, you can check the horizontal line of theirs scopes, it is bright when the initialization is done.

The SR option is not 100% safe because a plug-in initialization risks to create a peak of CPU use following your hardware if your DAW session is playing.
This is why it is recommended to stop your session and automation before to use the SR option.
If you have an issue with your current patch, you can reset the plug-in by using the SR again to a lower SR frequency.

Important to know:
USE THE PLUG-IN PRESET MANAGER!
If you use your DAW to load presets instead of the plug-in preset manager,
when you load a preset the plug-in will be reseted if its SR parameter is different of you current SR value (-> CPU spike).
The DAW preset manager updates directly all parameters, this issue is in the to do list.
The SR value is saved in the preset files, this is why it's recommended to write in the file name a reference about the SR.
Example: MyBetterLead-192k.vstpreset.
There is no problems with the presets done with the older versions because the SR parameter is not written inside.

Note: some old Lp18 filters are detuned around 0.15 volt at 192k.

Why to work with upper clocks than 44.1k or 48k when we use VA?

The standard 44.1k and 48k frequencies of word clocks are good to diffuse and to record
but they are insufficient for the majority of DSP processes when the signal is transformed or generated.

Each time you deform (saturation, resonance) or multiply (x*y = Ring Mod) an audio signal
by another signal you create a potential aliasing by generating a lot of harmonics after the Nyquist frequency (FS/2).
To simplify, all frequencies F upper than FS/2 are replied to the lower audio frequencies.
If F = FS+N then aliasing A equal A = FS-N, so you listen A and your original signal!
FS=44100/2=22050
F=32050 hz
N=32050 hz-22050 hz=10000
A=22050 hz-10000=12050 hz

When you record there is no aliasing because the signal is filtered by your audio card
to avoid the frequencies upper than FS/2.
But it is not filtered when you generated a signal with you computer.

The second problem about the final quality of generated sound is the poor resolution
linked to these frequencies 44.1k and 48k. It’s poor because for 10k there is only 4 samples to define the waveform and finally you listen your DAC quality...

For my music I do not use audio tracks, I use only my VA plug-ins.
This is why I prefer to work on 96k even if they are optimized for 48k because my modular patches are very complex and rich with a lot of delay and reverberation FX.
I can work the final mix with more safety margin.
After I transpose my mix to lower clocks with FFMPEG (soxr), 44.1k for YT and 48k for my WMA.

More:
To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins and the 32 bit (x86) version of SE PolyMod KX plug-in require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins. The AU version of SE PolyMod KX doesn't need these files...

- The previous version of each 64 bit plug-in is available in the zip (README install old ver.txt):
Old-x64-ver-x14-dll-sem-Some-KX77FREE-sem-src-code.zip
This will allow you to convert your XML presets saved with previous versions to the VST3 format because unfortunately the old XML format is not compatible with the new versions. This zip also contains the source files of some of my SEM modules and those based on the original SE SEM modules (SampleOscillator3, WaveRecorder3, various tools).

About x64 VST

VST2 recommended for VSTHost:
VSTHost 1.56 stays incompatible when the plug-ins are used as VST3 but not as VST2.
The VST3 GUI works fine only with VSTHost 1.54.

Fruity Loop:
Select "Use fixed size buffers" in the plug-in options to gain 25% of CPU usage!

Reaper:
If you listen audio drops after editing a parameter.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".
If you listen audio drops when you load presets linked to the x16 sequencer.
To fix it > Preference > Device > set Audio thread priority to Normal.

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins, get the 2015 version or the 2017 compatible version (check your already installed packages):

3- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.
If you use these plug-ins as VST2, it is recommended to install the VST3 presets because now the internal menu displays only the VST3 presets installed in the user's Documents folder! If your DAW is in Administrator mode the Documents folder will be the one of the Administrator account .

4- If your DAW does not support VST3, rename the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder (not in the vst3 folder!).

5- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the plug-ins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the x16 sequencer files or presets in this one. If else you must save them in your Document folder of your account or you can also use another folder which is not protected by Windows.

Xavier. I must tell you that, from my hear straight - that you simply own vst plugin world. I ain't no musician or artist, my strange hobby is - gathering plugins. And testing them.
Been doing this since 2003 or so. Trust me - I don't even know the number of vsts that I have... Its in thousands, last time I checked was years ago and it was above 3000.
Well.. all this time I cherish your work above all others. Not that other don't deserve praise, but only your synths gave me that "soul" feeling. Like an old dusty hardware synth from a garage.
BTW - they even sound better then commercial stuff, somewhere between 99% and 100% of them.

Your work is REALLY SPECIAL. If you find strength to continue - please do so. I am sure you make many people at least happy.. and those few of us in awe. Thank you forever!!!
Tomaz

you should consider writing a manual in PDF format for all of your synths though. Just a suggestion. I love your swynths but i always get stuck when i want to make a sound
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hello,

l continuous, l just stop to spending my time to talk on KVR.
I change my real life and now I'm Claudia, l have other prirority ,KVR is too commercial, no body support my work here. So I just gave a "bras d'honneur" to the instrument forum.

Cheers

You can follow me on modular synthesis forum, l write here for my regular updates.

Claudia

kx77free wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 am Hello,

l continuous, l just stop to spending my time to talk on KVR.
I change my real life and now I'm Claudia, l have other prirority ,KVR is too commercial, no body support my work here. So I just gave a "bras d'honneur" to the instrument forum.

Cheers
Hi. :)
Thank you for all your hard work.
I actually used the X16 2 days ago. :)
If i had to guess why your synths are not so popular:
Complicated GUI - people are just too dumb. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”