Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

SLiC wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I love their new smart update system
Really? Seems to be taking a bloody eternity here...
Yes it is for me too today - large update and lots of demand I guess. But the whole system is very clever all the same.
Just downloaded in less that 3 minutes for me...maybe they have beefed up the server!
Interesting, mine has been compiling for probably 30 minutes now. And starting over after reading your post, was a bad idea :)

Was instantenous almost to do a manual download of updates.
rsp
sound sculptist

I did download the updates manually....still at work ;-) Haven't tried to install them yet....just thought bit would save some time when I got home!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anybody up for selling his copy of Omnisphere?
Been looking around for ages, but it doesn´t seem to get saled a lot. :(
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

zvenx wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Still wondering what this routing thing is though. Can’t download until I buy a new computer. The video didn’t go into it.
Yes it is as you hoped/queried above.
Allows the layers to share a filter.
rsp
Oh ya? That’s excellent! I’m surprised that wasn’t mentioned in the videos. Is there a choice to send any osc to any filter? Or how does that work?

With all these changes, what does this do to old patches?

zvenx wrote:@aMUSEd, whilst you wait for the update to do its thing, you can watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsUDzWWQLyI

which answers "I don't understand this feature. Does it just mean they can be controlled by hardware synths? I can control most plugins using my hardware synths already eg my Virus Ti has templates for plugins like Massive and FM8."

rsp
Thanks, since I don't have any of those synths I guess from my perspective this is really just an additional library of classic synth emulations built in. Pity there is no Virus Ti, V-Synth or Korg Z1 though.

So are the patches recreations of actual factory patches from the hardware too? The Sledge is an interesting one as it's a wavetable synth so they must have to include all its wavetables which is cool.

Whoa, looks great! Still waiting for the website to compile my update file. It's a great system, but a little slow at the moment (taken about half an hour so far)... :lol:

Judging from the video, the waveform view in granular is just brilliant. And a nice surprise, since it wasn't there in the beta versions (I hope it's now OK to say that much about the beta...). The abstract shape that was there before didn't really give any useful information about anything, but the waveform shows exactly what is happening, which is nice, since I use granular a lot.

I'd really like to try the hardware integration, but unfortunately I have sold all my hw synths over the years... But I think they got the idea right. As discussed in other threads, in order for a hw controller and software to really work well together, both need to have a clearly defined limited parameter set. A generic controller might work well in many situations, but the UI of a hardware synth with a very specific architecture is always a different beast. Oh I miss my Roland JD-800, and how it felt to make sounds with it... :cry:

@wagtunes, Nothing. afaik, as far as I can see or hear.. (well except two patches in bob moog library have been renamed so patches using these may have to be resaved)
rsp
sound sculptist

aMUSEd wrote:
zvenx wrote:@aMUSEd, whilst you wait for the update to do its thing, you can watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsUDzWWQLyI

which answers "I don't understand this feature. Does it just mean they can be controlled by hardware synths? I can control most plugins using my hardware synths already eg my Virus Ti has templates for plugins like Massive and FM8."

rsp
Thanks, since I don't have any of those synths I guess from my perspective this is really just an additional library of classic synth emulations built in. Pity there is no Virus Ti, V-Synth or Korg Z1 though.

So are the patches recreations of actual factory patches from the hardware too? The Sledge is an interesting one as it's a wavetable synth so they must have to include all its wavetables which is cool.
I don't own any of the hardware too, so I am like you....an additional library of classic synth emulations.

They said they would be adding hardware over time, I imagine some of those you mention are coming, I expect part of it though is getting license to recreate their filters and oscillators/wavetables...

I don't think they are factory presets recreations.

rsp
sound sculptist

min has been compiling your download file for 3 hours now :(

Keith99 wrote:min has been compiling your download file for 3 hours now :(
just do it manually, like the 'good' old days.....only bob moog update can't be done this way....and then you can go back and do the bob moog library update (if you have it) using the smart update tool.
rsp
sound sculptist

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Oh wow, they finally added a waveform view for granular! Looks great! And a nice new sharp interface.
https://youtu.be/BypwhO0IDy0

Sounding good!

Cool. Great update!
And this is much better than watching the 90 minute ''Will teachers be replaced by AI?'' Youtube debate I was 25 mins into :D

Oh it's lost all those lovely 3D spirally visualisations though in granular

Can't wait to drive it!

zvenx wrote:
Keith99 wrote:min has been compiling your download file for 3 hours now :(
just do it manually, like the 'good' old days.....only bob moog update can't be done this way....and then you can go back and do the bob moog library update (if you have it) using the smart update tool.
rsp
Yup- seems unnecessary- it takes 5 minutes to download the omni 2.5 updates (3 files) as a direct download, the other stuff just seems to be 'name changes' so just run that when you go to bed!

I think I have all the Spectrasonics stuff, and other than the 5 minute Omni 2.5 update, this was a list of what else needs updating....I am in no hurry for this!

Trilian Patches 1.4.7c
Includes the following features and fixes:

In “Trilian VIP”, the categories “Synth Sweep” and “Synth Pluck” are now called “Synth Long” and “Synth Short”

Keyscape Patches 1.3c

In “Keyscape Creative”, the categories “Synth Sweep” and “Synth Pluck” are now called “Synth Long” and “Synth Short”

Bob Moog Tribute Library Patches 1.4c

The categories “Synth Sweep” and “Synth Pluck” are now called “Synth Long” and “Synth Short”
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”