Omnisphere 2.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Stupid name changes anyway

:-)

Actually my Zip file for above changes (excluding the Omni 2.5 files which I downloaded separately) was 180 megs and compiled and downloaded in under 5 minutes (Win 10, edge) so if its taking a lot longer for other people there may be an issue......
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I have given up for the time being. I left the PC for a bit and it went to sleep and when I came back the process did not restart so I think I will leave it to the weekend

Keith99 wrote:I have given up for the time being. I left the PC for a bit and it went to sleep and when I came back the process did not restart so I think I will leave it to the weekend
Just log in via the web site (not via Omni) and manually download the Omnisphere 2.5 update files, it takes less than 5 minutes....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
Keith99 wrote:I have given up for the time being. I left the PC for a bit and it went to sleep and when I came back the process did not restart so I think I will leave it to the weekend
Just log in via the web site (not via Omni) and manually download the Omnisphere 2.5 update files, it takes less than 5 minutes....
Are there install instructions included?

I just watch the video. Not back yet.

GRANULAR RE-DDONE??????!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!

is it now comparable with alchemy, avenger etc?
Is drag and drop possible? Thx guys
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

wagtunes wrote:
SLiC wrote:
Yes, its completely OK to install this way- it has the installers, just select your directory, click and run!

zvenx wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
zvenx wrote:@aMUSEd, whilst you wait for the update to do its thing, you can watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsUDzWWQLyI

which answers "I don't understand this feature. Does it just mean they can be controlled by hardware synths? I can control most plugins using my hardware synths already eg my Virus Ti has templates for plugins like Massive and FM8."

rsp
Thanks, since I don't have any of those synths I guess from my perspective this is really just an additional library of classic synth emulations built in. Pity there is no Virus Ti, V-Synth or Korg Z1 though.

So are the patches recreations of actual factory patches from the hardware too? The Sledge is an interesting one as it's a wavetable synth so they must have to include all its wavetables which is cool.
I don't own any of the hardware too, so I am like you....an additional library of classic synth emulations.

They said they would be adding hardware over time, I imagine some of those you mention are coming, I expect part of it though is getting license to recreate their filters and oscillators/wavetables...

I don't think they are factory presets recreations.

rsp
Omnisphere hasn’t modeled the filters. It just did a state variable filter because that behaves quite differently and can sweep through multiple filter types. It hasn’t modeled other ones.

Also you don’t need licenses to model a filter or oscillator.

I don’t think factory patches ar recreated. They have said they aren’t aiming to fully reproduce the synths, just give it similar architecture and behavior.

aMUSEd wrote:Oh it's lost all those lovely 3D spirally visualisations though in granular
Yeah those were sooooooo useful...

Good riddance useless visualizer.

Caine123 wrote:I just watch the video. Not back yet.

GRANULAR RE-DDONE??????!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!

is it now comparable with alchemy, avenger etc?
Is drag and drop possible? Thx guys
It’s just a visualizer to see the waveform. The actual functions and sound appear to be the same.

Amused, the hardware integration is rather deep. Turning on the synth's chorus will add the chorus effect and already preset it to values that kind of sound similar to what the keyboard offers. Turning another knob may add more distortion but at the same time turn down the volume. A single knob may affect multiple knobs/controls in ways that make sense for THAT hardware synth.

All of this is done through CC and NRPN messages coming directly out of the keyboard, so it IS possible to use MIDI controllers/software to simulate the same exact message and mimic the hardware messages.

Spectrasonics points out this is not an emulation. They don't have the exact chorus, distortion, filter, etc. They do have wavetables for each of the synths and use that as the basis for the sound. They also added State Variable Filters for this release.

I'm excited to try out the new GUI and multi-touch which was not available in the beta.

wagtunes wrote:
SLiC wrote:Just log in via the web site (not via Omni) and manually download the Omnisphere 2.5 update files, it takes less than 5 minutes....
Yes. Dead simple though - just run the exe / dmgs and follow the prompts for each downloaded file.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Echoes in the Attic wrote:............
Also you don’t need licenses to model a filter or oscillator.
You are right, I should have said permission. I seem to recall Eric written he likes to get permission before he copies/samples other people's work even when legal permissions aren't required.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Very Interesting!!

Lots of new features and looks a bit better too.

Return to “Instruments”