Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

SLiC wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I love their new smart update system
Really? Seems to be taking a bloody eternity here...
Yes it is for me too today - large update and lots of demand I guess. But the whole system is very clever all the same.
Just downloaded in less that 3 minutes for me...maybe they have beefed up the server!

Hmmmm, I left mine and went to bed. Just got up and it is still compiling my download...6 hours later :o

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Caine123 wrote:I just watch the video. Not back yet.

GRANULAR RE-DDONE??????!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!

is it now comparable with alchemy, avenger etc?
Is drag and drop possible? Thx guys
It’s just a visualizer to see the waveform. The actual functions and sound appear to be the same.
Thx. Well this looks much better than the previous crap. So now it seems to be able to compare better how well the engine sounds
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Ah well, hit the back button and started again...took about 30 seconds to compile and looks about 10 minutes for the download...all good :tu:

Caine123 wrote:

AWESOME!!!!!

It’s just a visualizer to see the waveform. The actual functions and sound appear to be the same.
Thx. Well this looks much better than the previous crap. So now it seems to be able to compare better how well the engine sounds
''Previous crap''? Really??
@_@!!

dark water wrote:
Caine123 wrote:

AWESOME!!!!!

''Previous crap''? Really??
@_@!!
yes, you couldnt see exactly where you are and it never clicked, nothing great like alchemy etc. i saw it only as a bonus! but now it seems to be much better! i will download when back.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

zvenx wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Still wondering what this routing thing is though. Can’t download until I buy a new computer. The video didn’t go into it.
Yes it is as you hoped/queried above.
Allows the layers to share a filter.
rsp
Oh ya? That’s excellent! I’m surprised that wasn’t mentioned in the videos. Is there a choice to send any osc to any filter? Or how does that work?
Just in case you haven't gotten the answer to this yet.. maybe this will help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

well you still cannot just drag and drop samples into the grain window..... this sucks, i guess i wont use omnisphere for gran synth still :/ bummer. getting back to avenger

Another big fan of the new granular view, much more intuitive to use. Love the Hardware Profiles, my Lemur tests have shown they work great and the new wavetables and patches are a fantastic addition. Very quick off the mark with the addition of the Prophet X, I see.

Less of a fan (I am a stuck record on this) of the tagging. Over 1000 new Hardware Profile patches on 30 synths, only 4 have model tags, only 2 of those appear to be correct and one of those only has 2 out of 45 patches tagged. I mean... sheesh. I'd also rather not have confusing 4 letter acronyms in the patch names which feels a throwback to synths of yesteryear, but instead, well, use tags like everything else. This is a step backwards.

That whole area has become a huge black spot for Spectrasonics, and things never seem to really improve and in fact get worse - should be such a huge plus for the synth, but you end up fighting it more than working with it. I do realise this feels grouchy given the splendid new free features in 2.5 but with 9,400 factory patches you really do need a solid, reliable way to navigate them. Just as something doesn't exist if Google can't find it, the same is true of a patch in Omni if the tags are wrong or confusing.
Caine123 wrote:well you still cannot just drag and drop samples into the grain window..... this sucks, i guess i wont use omnisphere for gran synth still :/ bummer. getting back to avenger
Soundsource browser / User Audio drag and drop, then activate granular. It's an extra click, granted but not quite worth throwing the thing out the window I'd say.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

:clap: Really LOVE the new magnify function

zvenx wrote:
zvenx wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Still wondering what this routing thing is though. Can’t download until I buy a new computer. The video didn’t go into it.
rsp
Oh ya? That’s excellent! I’m surprised that wasn’t mentioned in the videos. Is there a choice to send any osc to any filter? Or how does that work?
This is still a bit confusing. What does filter A-D mean for example? That all 4 filters are in serial after the 4 oscillators are merged?

The new gooey is nice. :party:

I made a Komplete Kontrol template for 2.5 if anyone needs one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj6m2t3jjjoyg ... .nksf?dl=1

zvenx wrote:
zvenx wrote:
rsp
This is still a bit confusing. What does filter A-D mean for example? That all 4 filters are in serial after the 4 oscillators are merged?
Just did a quick test.
Yes
rsp
sound sculptist

Echoes in the Attic wrote:This is still a bit confusing. What does filter A-D mean for example? That all 4 filters are in serial after the 4 oscillators are merged?
As answered above, yes. You get a visual indication too. In shared mode (activated on the Main tab), the blue active lights under the part letters turn orange. What is still a little confusing however is that if you adjust, say, the cutoff on A, this is not graphically represented on B. When you then go to adjust it on B, the sound then catches up with you, much like using a "dumb" midi controller.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

benheman wrote::clap: Really LOVE the new magnify function
And the new buttons look nice also.

Return to “Instruments”