Vintage Vault 2 vs Synth Anthology 2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Kinh
KVRian
1278 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:51 pm

I have Synth Anthology 2 and just wanna know for those who own both will I be getting more of the same in vintage vault. I'm not too interested in the drum stuff. For me, SA2 covers a diverse range of synths. Is VV really worth $400 for someone like me? + Ive got a bunch of other shit like Omnisphere.

ATS
KVRAF
6516 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Vintage Vault 2 vs Synth Anthology 2

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Kinh wrote:I have Synth Anthology 2 and just wanna know for those who own both will I be getting more of the same in vintage vault. I'm not too interested in the drum stuff. For me, SA2 covers a diverse range of synths. Is VV really worth $400 for someone like me? + Ive got a bunch of other shit like Omnisphere.

I just bought and really like it a lot. I has Synth Anthology 1, never upgraded to 2. To me it was worth it. I actually went through the whole package and took out anything I did not love. That left me with 13 libraries from VV2 which I really like and will use. $400 is a lot though, I had an upgrade offer for $200. That comes to about 15 per library for me. Well worth it. A lot of them are very different from on another.
my music: https://www.soundclick.com/alexcooper
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

Kinh
KVRian
1278 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Post Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:07 am

ATS wrote:
Kinh wrote:I have Synth Anthology 2 and just wanna know for those who own both will I be getting more of the same in vintage vault. I'm not too interested in the drum stuff. For me, SA2 covers a diverse range of synths. Is VV really worth $400 for someone like me? + Ive got a bunch of other shit like Omnisphere.

I just bought and really like it a lot. I has Synth Anthology 1, never upgraded to 2. To me it was worth it. I actually went through the whole package and took out anything I did not love. That left me with 13 libraries from VV2 which I really like and will use. $400 is a lot though, I had an upgrade offer for $200. That comes to about 15 per library for me. Well worth it. A lot of them are very different from on another.
thanks.
anyone else?

LoveEnigma18
KVRian
1478 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I personally feel that VV 2 is an overkill, especially if you already have a shitload of stuff. I would, and am looking to, get Synth Anthology 2. Easier to manage compared to VV 2, as well. Contemplating whether I should grab it right now - it's 30% off.

mrsugmad
KVRist
178 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 pm

New release: Vintage Vault 3
Anyone have it? Seen any reviews?

https://www.uvi.net/vintage-vault-3#

Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXbibs_LXnc

Return to “Instruments”