One Synth Challenge #115: Seismic by Syntonica (L-Ectrobit Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

Well, that also just adds to the realization how much I feel akin to you! :) :hug:
But, yeah, we're in luck with the next one (Tripple Cheese). This thing sounds gorgeous!

Updated my post. Thank you for your comments and suggestions on SoundCloud! I will get into voting procedure soon!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

schiing wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:33 am But then, with stuff like Jarre's Revolutions, Tangerine Dream's Optical Race, not to mention the pop music of that time, the sound somehow died in my ears -
:cry: :cry:
How can you be so cruel to one of my favorite tracks of all time?
I still recall the excitement I felt when the school orchestra was on a field trip to perform in Washington DC and I happened to find Revolutions in a small boutique music shop on cassette.
Admittedly "some" of the album is not his strongest work. But even Rendez Vous has a couple of "iffy" tracks on it. Neither are the magical wonderfulness of Equinoxe or Magnetic Fields though, but I digress.

But really, listen @10:18 for a couple of minutes and explain to me how this is not still good Jarre. :x :box: :smack:
https://youtu.be/ZNXHXdwIFAA?t=10m18s
Now you can talk all the trash you want about albums after Revolutions...Aero, Teo and Tea.... :zzz: :lol:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Still have TD doing the Cathedral Tour live in my head! Played York Minster - mainly Ricochet type stuff. Awesome bank of Moog and custom kit in the Knave! Lotsa knobs and flashing lights!

dB

Frostline wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:36 pm How can you be so cruel to one of my favorite tracks of all time?
Haha, subjective differences in live action! I'm sorry to be trampling all over your childhood memories, Frostline. If you really want revenge that hurts, you can say something mean about David Foster's 1985 synth cellos on "Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire" :lol:

Doctor Bob, it's always been incredible to me how they managed to stay organized during those early live shows - how on earth was that even possible with all that notoriously fickle equipment?? It'll never cease to amaze me when I listen to their live albums.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

...and I even checked on youtube, man... :tantrum: ... it hurts! :dog:

re TD. For the York concert they set up the day before and left the kit running for 24 hours, roadies swapping modules in and out as they failed/detuned etc. Amazing how they did the mixing themselves as well - early version of the modern house DJ's???? The sound in York was amazing - no need for reverb units, the Minster has a 16 second reverb of it's own! I have 3 bootleg CD's of the show.

dB

Oh yes, done my first voting pass. Great tracks folks :clap: :clap: :clap:

All tracks scored. As usual, a lot to appreciate!

I enjoy these OSC's with comparatively few entries - I sometimes feel like I can't give every single track the attention they deserve when we have 30-40+ entries.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Ahoy! Probably someone noticed that I didn't finished my track in this round as well, but at least I managed to delete my sketch before the deadline. I didn't want to waste the time for the rest of participants like I did during Scrooo round. Also I voted this time because I'm allowed to do that now even without having submission. (one more neutral vote haha) I hope it will make my previous loose commitments more even with the rest of members. At least it feels more appropriate to do that in this round because I didn't touched the Crystal at all but I had fair time spent with Seismic. Good luck!
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

I voted.
Quite a close race this time in my perception. It's been hard to vote as always ... like putting "I like this ... but if only they had done that" into some sort of score.
Congrats to all who made it this month! :clap: Cool tracks, folks.
THANKS to the admins :) BJ, kudos for being the man behind the scenes for so long now.

voted

BTW: Somebody mentioned VNV Nation lately on one of my tracks... if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF5mf4L ... e=youtu.be (Number one of a post in the series of what music do you like to listen to ;-)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voted.

VOTED

Not so many tracks this month, but the voting was not easier ....

Good luck to all!

Voted!

] Off:Topic [
I've pulled the trigger...my submission for the FMSynth Challenge is online. Listen to it and the tremendously cool track from TrojakEW: https://fmchallenge.osamc.de/vote/

Return to “Instruments”