OMNISPHERE 2.5 Slow GUI after update?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

When you guys say slow GUI, what specifically are you experiencing? The GUI itself runs fine here, but if I have it open, the Cubase GUI slows to a crawl with very slow frame rates on the meters for example.

Opening the GUI is soooooo slow. Browsing the sounds, sound match, editing tags, all drag, it's so sluggish, when all you want to do is get on with writing the music.
Worst is adding/deleting sounds using the "Projects", there's a 6 second freeze every fecking time you dare to use it; when your project has like 10 instances and you have to edit the sounds/change them it gets very, very old, very quickly.
Don't get me wrong, my frustration is because I love Spectrasonics stuff but I find myself reaching for other VST where I can get the editing done quickly and get back to writing.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

5 seconds to open Omni on top of Live 10.1 x64 running on Windows 7 SP1 x64.
No delay for opening the plug after closing it, no problem navigating browsing selecting in the GUI.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Guys I had the same problem in fl studio,and I clicked run bridged process and it fixed everything

i had no problems when this topic started but then started having them.
loading and editing was a real pain, mainly editing...

Trying to solve it, while in stand alone, i noticed changing the driver buffer size (strangely enough turning is lower made it better).
Still was hyper slow in cubase.

meanwhile it got much better again so i'm not sure...

my 2 cents...

1 - maybe it could have some deeper issues with not being VST3 if you have cubase 10
2 - maybe updating graphic driver issues made it somewhat better too because that's preety much what i've changed meanwhile

i'll test the suggested bridge tip

For those that are finding Omnisphere slow on Windows, are you using it alongside iLok protected plugins? If you start your DAW with no iLok plugins in the project and just add Omnisphere on a track is it responsive?
For me it’s fine as long as I don’t have any iLok plugins running, as soon as I do then Omnisphere becomes slow and stays that way even if I remove the iLok plugins from the project.
If I run Omnisphere as a bridged plugin in Jbridge then it is unaffected.
If I run Omnisphere sandboxed in Bitwig then it is unaffected.
The issue for me seems to be solely caused by Omnisphere being in process with an iLok plugin. I suspect some sort of DLL related issue but no real idea how to further diagnose it.

Weird. I'll test tomorrow.

joefrost01 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:07 am For those that are finding Omnisphere slow on Windows, are you using it alongside iLok protected plugins? If you start your DAW with no iLok plugins in the project and just add Omnisphere on a track is it responsive?
For me it’s fine as long as I don’t have any iLok plugins running, as soon as I do then Omnisphere becomes slow and stays that way even if I remove the iLok plugins from the project.
If I run Omnisphere as a bridged plugin in Jbridge then it is unaffected.
If I run Omnisphere sandboxed in Bitwig then it is unaffected.
The issue for me seems to be solely caused by Omnisphere being in process with an iLok plugin. I suspect some sort of DLL related issue but no real idea how to further diagnose it.
I just tried this, but cannot detect any difference between iLok being plugged in or removed, and a Cubase session with an iLok plugin activated or not. So likely to be system-specific in some way. I'd send your full system specs with reproducible steps to Spectrasonics support.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Ilok makes no difference for me, it’s slow even in standalone mode

Maybe this has something to do with graphics cards ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

I posted this in the other Omnisphere thread, here’s a copy of the post:

So, did a clean reinstall of Omnisphere.

- Uninstalled omnisphere and steam folder.
- Installed Omnisphere 2.0 version and original STEAM fIles.
At this point omnisphere browser was working very fast. Selecting patch categories and patches was virtually instant.
- Updated Patches, library and omnisphere to latest versions and browser started behaving much slower. Selecting patch categories and patches takes about a second to 2 seconds to switch.
- Installed 3rd party libraries (That Worship Sound, PluginGuru, PlugHugger and many others) , Trilian and Keyscape and now Omnisphere browser is very slow again. Selecting patch categories and patches takes about 5 seconds
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Are you using Ableton Live? I have had times when Omnisphere is running fine, and then other times when it's not, and presets take excessively long to load. Interestingly, when things get like this, it seems other synths get slow too, not quite as much, but still enough to say something is wrong. Closing Live and restarting my machine seems to reset things enough to bring things back to normal. Also, it seems like the bad state might be linked to running some Max4Live devices. There may be some correlation, but not sure. And even can be after running some M4L stuff, and then starting a new Live file/project, so not necessarily that the Live current project contains M4L devices. Just that M4L devices were loaded at some point... If that makes sense...

An update for Omnisphere 2.7 was released yesterday, making it M1-native compatible among other things. Maybe that fixes your problem?

jules99 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 am An update for Omnisphere 2.7 was released yesterday, making it M1-native compatible among other things. Maybe that fixes your problem?
Thanks for the heads up - massively improved here.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Oh wow they are all VST3 now too. They mentioned in the release notes that this was important for midi 2.0 stuff that they are currently working on.

No mention of mpe for current version.

Return to “Instruments”