Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
WilliamK
KVRAF
4499 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:05 am

Wusik 2019 First Quarter Plans

Last Fixes and Updates for All Current Products

- Make Wusik P2000 and Wusik SQ200 use the Wusik Engine Data folder for better organization of files.
- Add the same scanner code from Wusik Station V9 (and other Wusik Engine products) into Wusik P2000 and Wusik SQ200.
- All Wusik Engine products: add an option for the File Browser to remember what was open when you close and reopen the interface.

New Bundle: The Ultimate Bundle, for all products and future 2019 products too. You can Upgrade from the Platinum Bundle to the Ultimate Bundle using the following link. New products released on 2019 will be added to this bundle, like Wusik X42 below, and other surprise products yet to be announced.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... CTZRVFPGSE

New Product

- Wusik X42 - The Plugin Hosting Buffer and Bridger
http://wwww.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... /wusik-x42

A plugin hosting tool that allows bridging from formats (VST2/VST3/AU), Platforms (32/64 bits) and also add an extra layer of crash-protection by "buffering" plugins into separated processes. This way if a plugin crashes you can decide if you want just to reload it and re-use the last saved details or just close your entire project and start over. You can also rename plugins and have them display any name you want or hide plugins that you don't want to use at the moment.

How will this work? You will open Wusik X42 and scan the plugins you have. Now you setup a target folder where Wusik X42 will place the "dumnmy" plugin files and select the target plugin format: VST2/VST3/AU (the later is only on OSX). In your DAW/Host you set to use this later folder instead of your regular plugins folder. Now every time you select a plugin you are actually selecting a "dummy" file that will handle your original plugin file. You can them use VST2 plugins as VST3 plugins, from either 32/64 bits versions. You can even use VST3 plugins in a VST2 host. On OSX you can also use AU Components in VST2/VST3 hosts and vice versa.

Some Extra Options (those are selected from the plugin interface menu, which can be hidden)

- Oversampling Selector.
- MIDI Processors (same as in Wusik P2000).
- Programs Listing, Selection, Loading and Saving.

Configurations

- Plugins Source Folder(s).
- Plugins Target Format: VST2/VST3/AU.
- Plugins Target Folder.
- Plugins Data Saving: on every X seconds, when transport stops after playing, only when project is saved.
- On Plugin Crash: ask, auto-reload, just report.

Another BIG thing for Wusik X42 is that it will be the first product to feature a resizeable interface. This alone will be a massive thing, as I will need to create my own vectorized rendering tool. The plan is that it only renders when you resize, after that it uses cached internal images. So CPU usage is just the same as of current method.

Now, as with any project I do, I will run a PreOrder until the product is officially released. You can expect a BETA version very soon, as always. If you are new here, know that I have been working like this for over a decade.

You can PreOrder Wusik X42 with the Ultimate Bundle using the following link (for NEW users)
http://wwww.wusik.com/w/index.php/purchase

For Current Users, upgrade to Ultimate Bundle
http://wwww.wusik.com/w/index.php/purchase/upgrades

If you had the Platinum Bundle (upgrade/full), you can also upgrade to the Ultimate Bundle, just use the following link.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... CTZRVFPGSE

For PreOrdering the product alone using the link below.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... YDTZUXKK88

bojanboyss
KVRist
128 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Re: Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 am

Wusik x42 sounds cool. Will it be able to do just x32 into x64 bridging from source of a folder full of both (like jbridge)? Since it will have same midi processors, will it hold more than 1 vst/i inside 1 instance?

The ultimate bundle, what will be, roughly, added during 2019? Approx, not details as you probably dont want to expose. Ofcourse if you can disclose

From email:
- Add the same scanner code from Wusik Station V9 (and other Wusik Engine products) into Wusik P2000 and Wusik SQ200.
Can you elaborate whats new? I wasn't paying attention at class :)

Wusik p2000 has so much potential. Maybe x42 will be like its bigger brother (judging by specifications I read)

WilliamK
KVRAF

Re: Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 pm

>>> Wusik x42 sounds cool. Will it be able to do just x32 into x64 bridging from source of a folder full of both (like jbridge)? Since it will have same midi processors, will it hold more than 1 vst/i inside 1 instance?

It could hold more than one instance I guess. But Wusik P2000 is more inclined for that. ;-)

>>> The ultimate bundle, what will be, roughly, added during 2019? Approx, not details as you probably dont want to expose. Ofcourse if you can disclose

Indeed, for now I don't want to talk about other products. :hihi: But as Wusik X42 is next to be released I will announce my other projects for 2019. :party:

>>> Add the same scanner code from Wusik Station V9 (and other Wusik Engine products) into Wusik P2000 and Wusik SQ200 - Can you elaborate whats new? I wasn't paying attention at class :)

Ah, yeah. Soon I will update Wusik P2000 and SQ200 to use the same plugin scanner as Wusik Station V9 and the other synths are using. This scanner works better on scanning plugins, specially 32 bits ones.

>>> Wusik p2000 has so much potential. Maybe x42 will be like its bigger brother (judging by specifications I read)

Well, Wusik X42 is more of an organizer, bridger and buffer system. While Wusik P2000 is a Chainer tool. So I don't know if Wusik X42 will replace it or not.

Cheers, WilliamK

Saw
KVRist
105 posts since 20 Sep, 2006

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:28 am

Hi there

how to complete uninstall Wusik EVE v.5 for Mac?
A proper uninstallation does not work because legal uninstaller does not in .

William,
please help!

Thanks in advance

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 am

Hello, you need to remove the DATA folder and the plugin files from \Library\Audio\Plugins if I'm not mistaken. I could check my OSX machine later today and let me know.

Saw
KVRist
105 posts since 20 Sep, 2006

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:58 am

Thanks!

Found many more files.
I'd like to have an automatic unistaller in the future version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:48 am

The Crisis GM SF2 File is Ready For Download from the Wusik Site! :hyper:

https://www.wusik.com/download/CrisisGMSF2.zip

For more details about this, visit the following link.

http://www.bismutnetwork.com/04CrisisGe ... ont3.0.php

All rights reserved to Chris "Crisis" Maricourt
crisis@bismutnetwork.com

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 am

Wusik Station V9 - Jan 26 2019 - V9.2.2

- Fixed a problem with SF2 Stereo Files.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 am

Here we go, the Flavours Of Lime Skin! :hyper: :party: :hug:

I uploaded a new Wusik EVE V5.1.2 file for Windows, Full and Demonstration. So we can test this out before I make it official.

Jan 17 2019 - V5.1.2

- NEW Default Skin by Flavours of Lime.
- New ZOOM In and Out options for the whole interface (click the Wusik logo).
- New Skin options used by the skin above. Check the Skin XML file for details.

Best Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:35 am

Forgot to say, this is now the Default skin. The previous is now named Retro Dark. :cool:

bojanboyss
KVRist
128 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:59 am

Looking great!

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:29 pm

I just uploaded a new BETA version for Wusik EVE V5 (on Windows only, for now). Click the Show All Files icon on the top-right area of the Download Page.

This has a new installer and it will install new Standalone Applications for 32 and 64 bits versions. Those Apps are JUCE native, so is not based on SAVIHOST as I would previously use. So that's a plus.

Also, this new installer will be the same used by Wusik P2000 and Wusik SQ200. I also updated a few things on it.

I will work on the UnInstaller soon. :party:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:31 pm

Ah, the Apps, click the Wusik logo and select Audio/MIDI Settings.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:33 pm

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Or download the latest WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe file, as it has the extra images required by the Standalone apps.

https://wusik.com/download/WIN_Wusik_En ... Sounds.exe

Return to “Instruments”