Wusik EVE V5 Beta Testing

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
goldglob
KVRian
605 posts since 10 Jan, 2007 from London

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Re browsing a soundfont bank:
See how the program 'Polyphone' does it. (free program, no sign up). It's a soundfont editing program, quite handy, can load a soundfont, edit things. Can even export as SFZ.
You can load a single GM sf2 file and access all the instruments individually.

fmr
KVRAF
7790 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Wusik EVE V5 Beta Testing

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:14 am

Cakreshvara wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:38 pm
Also need to add a user controllable filter on third party data files. An sfz for Cakewalk Dimension Pro can be buried in a mess of wav files. With the browser currently unable to horizontally resize, the tree goes off the right end of the GUI and you can't see what you are looking for because the file names and extensions are cut off. Would help to have the user select a filter to just show wav, just show sfz, etc.

John
I second this, especially in what concerns the browser resizing. Also, I think that the file extensions should be shown, to allow us to know what exactly is being loaded.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr
KVRAF

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:17 am

WilliamK wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:01 pm
Guys, first, thanks for helping me out with ideas, not just testing. Sorry I'm a bit slow, but this whole compiler stuff took me 2 days to figure out. :dog: I'm also helping a friend with another project, but tomorrow I will work more on EVE and do as much as I can from your ideas and reports.

One important thing, about the DATA folder. What you think about this idea:

A SINGLE "Wusik Data" folder, where all shared stuff is stored, and individual plugin stuff are stored in extra folders. For example:

Wusik Data\SoundSets (all the 16 gig sound collection)
Wusik Data\VSTs 32 bits and 64 bits (the shared VST stuff)
Wusik Data\Custom Filters
Wusik Data\Custom Effects
Wusik Data\Wusik Station V9\Skins
Wusik Data\Wusik Station V9\Presets
Wusik Data\Wusik EVE V5\Skins
Wusik Data\Wusik EVE V5\Presets
Wusik Data\Wusik EVE V5\Custom Filters For EVE
Wusik Data\Wusik 8008\Skins
Wusik Data\Wusik 8008\Presets

IMHO it looks better, but I want to hear from more brains. :cool:

John, tomorrow I give more attention to you.

Cheers, WilliamK
I'm all for it. For someone that has all the instruments, this will make management easier.
Fernando (FMR)

WilliamK
KVRAF
3972 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Guys, I got a new EXPERIMENTAL file to test. ;-) I changed the sample player code to use SSE a lot, and here it reduced CPU usage by 20%. Still need to work more on other areas, but could you test this against the previous version? I didn't fix any bugs yet...

WIN_WUSIK_EVE_V5_BETA48_EXPERIMENTAL_VISUAL_2017_Plugins.zip

Cheers, WilliamK

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:27 pm

WilliamK wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm
Guys, I got a new EXPERIMENTAL file to test. ;-) I changed the sample player code to use SSE a lot, and here it reduced CPU usage by 20%. Still need to work more on other areas, but could you test this against the previous version? I didn't fix any bugs yet...

Cheers, WilliamK
I'm not seeing any improvement, but I'm just testing with one small sfz loaded.
I'll do more tests with more stuff loaded.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:36 pm

The optimization is even better on stereo files.

I'm still trying to make the Intel compiler to work. :cry:

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
Latest REAPER v5.961/x64

EVE v5
I loaded init preset.
Then loaded in 1,2,3,4.....(from soundsets): AOS\Acoustic Guitar, AOS\Analog voices, AOS\Arp MultiSAW, AOS\Delta SQUARE PW.

Record armed (so REAPER's anticipative processing off).

WIN_WUSIK_EVE_V5_EXPERIMENTAL_TESTS_Plugins (64 bit dll)
CPU 4.0%, Real time CPU 32%

WIN_WUSIK_EVE_V5_BETA48_EXPERIMENTAL_VISUAL_2017_Plugins (64 bit dll)
CPU 3.5%, Real time CPU 28%

fmr
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:53 am

WilliamK wrote:

Cheers, WilliamK
Maybe I'm too dumb, but am I supposed to do with that link? It doesn't work over here. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

goldglob
KVRian

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 am

fmr wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:53 am
WilliamK wrote:

Cheers, WilliamK
Maybe I'm too dumb, but am I supposed to do with that link? It doesn't work over here. :shrug:
It should be on your URL for download.

fmr
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 am

goldglob wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 am
fmr wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:53 am
It should be on your URL for download.
Ak, OK. Thanks :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Cakreshvara
KVRist
67 posts since 4 Sep, 2006

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Don't have numbers, but qualitative, the crackles aren't there any more on my rig. Newer beta seems to be less of a resource drain.

Was thinking about the preset problems and one of the guys had reminded that EVE 5 is not meant to be an all-inclusive rollup of all Wusik programs. It would be nice to have the presets/multis from EVE 3 all portable to EVE 5, but for anything else, being able to load the soundsets is sufficient.

Currently the Mellotronix presets are included in EVE 5 though they do not associate with the EVE 3 soundsets even if the soundsets are there and can be opened. Until listed legacy presets or multis do connect with their associated soundsets, it may be better to not include them in the default choices. This keeps the workflow cleaner. We can always use soundsets to create new multis and save the multi with the associated sound files.

Thoughts on a couple ways to deal with the browser. Resizing the window is needed to search into deep trees. Currently anything more than 2 folders deep is off the right side of the browser.

Future request would be for a check box type filter possibly in the browser option drop down menu. Checkbox would be for all supported file types and the ability to uncheck and hide what would be a distraction in the browser. Simpler approach with less options would be the ability to hide wav or flac files. These are the distracting file types that clutter an sfz you may be looking for. Optional exclusion of flac or wav files in the browser may be enough to minimize the browser choices without having to micro manage every supported file type.

Cheers, John K

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Sorry for the delay, my computer is acting up and I'm fixing it. Took me 3 days already working with the Intel Compiler, getting crazy with it, but I will get it working. :hihi: Them I will work on several updates, fixes and improvements on the code. I plan on adding a vertical resizer to the tree-view (file browser) or at least make it a bit widder with a vertical scroll-bar to move it. :cool:

I will read all your past posts and check what needes to be changed. Thanks again! :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 am

Ok, sorry for the delay, lost 6 days working with the new compiler. :-o but it's good, now I can learn more about optimizations as I go. So, new file, only with optimizations, no bug fixes or new features yet, I will work on those tomorrow.

For now Windows only, I will do the MAC files soon.
WIN_WUSIK_EVE_V5_BETA_48_Plugins.zip

Now, the 64 bits version file is larger as it has SS3 optimizations and other advanced optimizations, so it runs better than the 32 bits version which has only code optimizations that I did manually.

Please, let me know if both run ok. Here at least they do. ;-) But we need to test more.

Thanks again! :hug:

Best Regards, WilliamK

goldglob
KVRian

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Tested Beta 48
Same test conditions
CPU 2.9%, Real time CPU 24%.
Better I think. Hard to say absolutely, the figures jump around a bit.
How are you measuring it William?

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

I created a test preset that plays an ARP like crazy creating 32 voices. ;-) Now I'm working on the new Wusik Engine Data folder structure.

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”