Wusik EVE V5 Beta Testing

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
fmr
KVRAF
7827 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 am

I just installed the latest version, launched REAPER and opened it. I then loaded a Multi I had previously saved. It sounded horribly distorted. When I tried to change from slot 1 to slot 2, I got a crash and it brought REAPER down.

EDIT: Tried again, and I got another instant crash. It happens as soon as I try to change from the first instrument to the second.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

WilliamK
KVRAF
3993 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Re: Wusik EVE V5 Beta Testing

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:08 am

Agh, the last file is bad, it lost all bass response. :cry: I'm fixing that right now and also finishing up the new Wusik Engine Data folder stuff. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

goldglob
KVRian
616 posts since 10 Jan, 2007 from London

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:09 am

I experienced the weird distorted sound as well but it came good after re loading everything (including REAPER), and I forgot to mention it to you.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:25 am

Ok, finally, I got all files ready. Now we have a SINGLE Wusik Engine DATA folder where everything goes. Each Wusik Product gets its own SubFolder there and everything else goes inside the Shared folder there.

I created new installers for everything. I also improved the audio quality on the sample player code. :cool:

WIN_Wusik_EVE_V5_Engine.zip
This is just the engine file with the skins and plugins.

WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.exe
This has all VSTs, Custom Filters and Effects that goes into the new Wusik Engine Data folder.

WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__SoundCollection.zip
This is the 16 Gig SoundCollection, it also installs the VSTs and Custom stuff as above.

I will update the manual soon and also do the MAC OSX version. :hyper:

Best Regards, WilliamK

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 pm

I already have the 16 Gig SoundCollection so don't need to download it again..is that correct?

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Yeah, no need. But I would still want someone to download and test for me, when possible. :cool:

Just move all your SoundSets to the new Wusik Engine Data folder, inside the Shared folder you will see the SoundSets folder.

Cheers, WilliamK

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:14 pm

You know how when you install plugins there's always that confusion about whether the installer will create it's own parent folder.
Same confusion here....the installer opens with default "C\ Wusik Engine Data" as destination, so I assume that if I want the stuff on E, I just have to point to E where E\Wusik Engine Data will be created...but no, I end up with E\ Shared, so I start again and create my own Wusik Engine Data folder on E then point the installer to that...all good, but see the confusion. It would be good to have explicit foolproof instructions for this sort of thing in the final manual.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Ahh, I will update the installer tomorrow, good point, thanks. :hug:

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:31 pm

OK, just installed the EVE V5 Engine...that was OK, the installer knew where I had just previously chosen to install the data stuff so already had the required destination entered. I like the updated style of the installers.

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Ok, loaded EVE, loaded a sound, all seemed good, went to change filter type (from multi to something else), got message about can't find filter module then REAPER crashed.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Oops, sorry for that, I changed my code on how I load stuff and forgot a few things. I will fix this ASAP... :dog:

goldglob
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Happens trying to load FX as well.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Did you install the __nosounds engine file?

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:55 pm

I guess I will also put some basic shared files into each engine installer. Not just the 16gig file.

fmr
KVRAF
7827 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm

WilliamK wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm
Yeah, no need. But I would still want someone to download and test for me, when possible. :cool:

Just move all your SoundSets to the new Wusik Engine Data folder, inside the Shared folder you will see the SoundSets folder.

Cheers, WilliamK
I will download the big file tomorrow, and will make a clean installation to test it :)
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”