Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks guys,

Win 7 error message trying to load EVE is that libmm.dll is missing. Graphics thing as far as I can understand that is probably an artifact of an old system I'm using with win 7. This may not implicate EVE.

Kick in the backside here as we filter out what does or does not load, in win 7, the 32 bit versions of both vst2 and vst3 both load without incident in the win 7 rig. Blacklist of vst3 32 bit is only in win 10 from this corner of the universe.

Anyone wanna trade computers??

John K

OK, tested the latest (Nov 12) Engine and 'No Sounds' installs.
As before, VST2 64 fine, VST2 32 fine (bridged), VST3 64 fine,
BUT VST3 32 doesn't load (It's in the right location on computer and that path is in REAPER's scan paths and have done clear cache/re-scan).
There is a difference though. It does not even appear in reaper-vstplugins64.ini. Previously it appeared there but as blacklisted.
Last edited by goldglob on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

I'm thinking the problem is something to do with Plugin ID.

Correct that 32 bit EVE will not show up in the 64 ini registry. If Reaper 32 bit is installed, EVE 32 will be registered in the 32 bit ini file and then available as a bridge in Reaper 64. Maybe doesn't even require Reaper 32 to be on the system, but check out the file reaper-vstplugins.ini. Contains the paths for 32 bit plugs. Entry is likely there.

Thing I can't figure out in the bigger picture is why the 32 bit bridge cuts off the right side GUI in independent computers, independent OS, and why the 64 bit dlls are all blacklisted across multiple computers (beta 44 restores to normal). Something I am doing deadly wrong or something common on the machines taking EVE down.

Most I can do currently is fire up Reaper 32 bit to test latest EVE. Everything else crashes south.

John K

John, I only have 64 bit REAPER and therefore just reaper-vstplugins64.ini (all 32 and 64 bit plugs go in that one cache). The Wusik EVE 5 vst3 32 bit was there previously but blacklisted, but now it's not there at all...so when REAPER scans the paths it seems that the .vst3 file is not even seen as a contender! This could be due to something wrong with it's PLUGIN ID...but I don't know enough about it to really know what's going on. And it's strange that my problem is just the VST3 32 bit whereas your problem is with all but the VST2 32 bit??? Have you tried installing only one variant...like JUST the VST2 64 dll? (Then doing clear cache/re-scan after removing the others from the scan paths.)

Goldglob, yes, have done complete purges of every possible trace and installed only the 64 bit vsti dll. Same result. Vsti3 32 bit does load in win 7, but blacklisted in win 10 with everything here blacklisted as well but the 32 bit vsti2.

This has to be due to something I have installed in common to the systems that is blocking. Should try to uninstall Reaper 32 bit because in the past have had clashes between the two versions.

Will try also to get with a couple friends and install on a system totally alien to my habits. See if anything else will be recognized.

John K

Ok, I compiled the 64 bits VST2 and VST3 with static libraries, so the Libm error should not appear. If I did things right... :oops:

New file:
WIN_Wusik_EVE_V5_Engine.zip

As for the product ID, yeah, VST2 and VST3 uses the same ID, is that wrong? To be honest the JUCE framework does that by default. :shrugs:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 pm Ok, I compiled the 64 bits VST2 and VST3 with static libraries, so the Libm error should not appear. If I did things right... :oops:

New file:
WIN_Wusik_EVE_V5_Engine.zip

As for the product ID, yeah, VST2 and VST3 uses the same ID, is that wrong? To be honest the JUCE framework does that by default. :shrugs:

Cheers, WilliamK
This new Engine (13-11) doesn't change what I'm seeing (but I didn't have the Libm error anyway).
Re Product ID...I don't know. I have 64 bit VST2 and VST3 working, but with 32 bit only VST2.

OK, I just tested the VST3 (until now I was just using VST2 version), and I found a problem in REAPER.

I installed using the latest installer, and everything went OK. However, the installer installed the newest version of VST3 but didn't replace the previous VST2 version (dated November 7th).

I launched REAPER. It opened the project I have been using, which had a Multi-instance of EVE loaded in one track. Everything was working OK. I then replaced it with VST3i version. It loaded OK, again. I opened a single preset, and it played OK. HOWEVER:

When I tried to load the Multi I have saved, created with the VST2 version, it displayed a message telling there is no plug-in supporting that file or something, and REAPER crashed and went away.

I relaunched REAPER and tried again. VST3 version played a single preset one more time but crashed again when I tried to load the Multi. It seems this new version is not recognizing the Multi saved in VST2. Other than that, no problems in scanning and no problems in loading single presets, so far, even in VST3.

However, I'd like to know why the previous version wasn't replaced. It is working OK, though. No complaints.

All tests conducted in Windows 7 x64, using REAPER x64 and EVE x64. For whatever it may be of interest, I maintain 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the plug-ins separated, and I usually only have 64-bit plug-ins loaded in 64-bit hosts.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Confirming what fmr just reported about multi presets in VST3. The error message is:
"Error Creating Internal Instance...no compatible plug-in format exists for this plug-in"...press OK, REAPER terminates.
And happens not only when trying to load a previously saved multi but when trying to create one...I can load a preset into the first slot but get the error message as soon as I click on the 2nd slot.
Tested in VST3 64 (I can't even load VST3 32).

Guys, thank you so much, really, for been so detailed, it helps me a lot. :hug: I will check those things out later today. I think I forgot to add VST3 hosting support so the VST3 version can't host itself. :dog:

Cheers, WilliamK

goldglob wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 pm Confirming what fmr just reported about multi presets in VST3. The error message is:
"Error Creating Internal Instance...no compatible plug-in format exists for this plug-in"...press OK, REAPER terminates.
And happens not only when trying to load a previously saved multi but when trying to create one...I can load a preset into the first slot but get the error message as soon as I click on the 2nd slot.
Tested in VST3 64 (I can't even load VST3 32).
Yep, that's the message. It seems that the problem appears when EVE is trying to load internally a second (or third, or...) instance. Only the first instance is working OK in VST3.
Fernando (FMR)

Out the door and will report back, but the new installer does now correctly load 64 bit, 32 bit vsti3 and vsti2. Everything works in win 7 Reaper.
Thank you William.
Will run win 10 through the tests. This is great news!!
Cheers, John K

All the vst/vsti 32/64 bit dll's work in win 10 !!!

I am getting a graphic issue with vsti3 64 bit in Reaper 64, similar to what I was earlier experiencing with the vsti3 32 bit version bridged into 64 bit Reaper.

The right side of the GUI is cut off without a way to scroll the screen. Vsti2 64 bit presents with vertical and horizontal scroll bars, absent in vsti3 64 bit. Hit and miss at the computer today but think the problem is there with 32 bit vsti3 as well. Will report back.
Cheers, John K

New files uploaded. ;-)

Return to “Instruments”