Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, please, could you remind me of any problems I still need to address? I will make a list. Thanks. :hug:

Nov 20 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 64

- Fixed the TUN Files folder problem. Now it only adds to the tree-browser if the folder exists under Wusik Engine Data/Shared
- Added support to multi-program SF2 files. When loading a SF2 file that has more than one program, the first program name will show at the top of the waveform display. Click the waveform display to see the full list and select which should be played. Also added < and > to directly select the next or previous preset from the bank.
- Updated the manual with a SFZ and SF2 section, with extra information.

Support for multi program sf2.
Fantastic and works great!! All my old DSF Proteus libraries are back from the dead.
Thanks for this.

Cheers, John K

WilliamK wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:25 pm Guys, please, could you remind me of any problems I still need to address? I will make a list. Thanks. :hug:
Browser tree is still not resizeable, if I'm not mistaken...
Fernando (FMR)

Fernando,

Check the slider bar at the bottom of the browser tree. Window does not resize but you can scroll.

William,

This may or may not be important, but some sf2 libraries crash Reaper. Tested against SampleLord in Reaper and they load without problem. Here's the desciption. File of the sf2 bank too big to attach but can get it to you if you need.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 11/20/2018 9:29:14 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Baba
Description:
Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 5.9.6.2, time stamp: 0x5bef6b1b
Faulting module name: Wusik EVE V5 64.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bf438a2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000bb1f72
Faulting process id: 0x2d68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d480f6276f0b26
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Wusik EVE V5 64.dll
Report Id: 86141675-54dc-48d0-bb8d-2328c51f0531
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-11-20T17:29:14.260319700Z" />
<EventRecordID>68492</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Baba</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>5.9.6.2</Data>
<Data>5bef6b1b</Data>
<Data>Wusik EVE V5 64.dll</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>5bf438a2</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0000000000bb1f72</Data>
<Data>2d68</Data>
<Data>01d480f6276f0b26</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Wusik EVE V5 64.dll</Data>
<Data>86141675-54dc-48d0-bb8d-2328c51f0531</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Ah, please, I need to test those SF2 files to see what I have done wrong. :dog:

Thanks William,
Will find a site to upload and get you the link.
Will also go thru my collection to see how often it is. Will send 2 banks. Both by the same compiler. In general, the support seems solid and responsive.
John

Got the link:

https://ufile.io/sw54s

Little over 59 meg. Two sf2 banks by the DSF guys. So far all their other stuff is working well. Will try a bunch of other banks from different providers.

John

Thanks, will test this out tomorrow. :hug:

Have a blessed rest. You deserve it.

Thanks William,

Do we have any hope for the conversion of presets and soundsets from EVE v.3 in the near future?
This year, maybe ?

Updated the OSX version.

Nov 21 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 68

- Fixed the TUN Files folder problem. Now it only adds to the tree-browser if the folder exists under Wusik Engine Data/Shared
- Added support to multi-program SF2 files. When loading a SF2 file that has more than one program, the first program name will show at the top of the waveform display. Click the waveform display to see the full list and select which should be played. Also added < and > to directly select the next or previous preset from the bank.
- Updated the manual with a SFZ and SF2 section, with extra information.
- OSX - fixed a Logic Validation problem.

Another "fix" I think wasn't done yet. When working with Multis, all the sounds add at full volume, which means that we will quickly enter in pure digital distortion.

Don't know if it is possible like, for example, as soon as we enter in Multi mode, all single presets volumes gets reduced by like -6 dB, in order to avoid this problem.

Also, installers still take "soooo long" to finish their job. Why are they so slow?

EDIT: Just installed the latest version (using the Engine Installer). Some anomalies that appeared:

1. The Multi I have been using for testing just loaded three presets (instead of the five that should have been loaded).

2. All presets were loaded in Omni mode (instead of the channels they were saved).

3. After clicking over the name of the first preset, EVE crashed and brought VSThost with it.

This is a BIG step back from previous version, where everything was working OK.
Fernando (FMR)

Keep in mind that I had to do several changes to the code so the VST3 version would work too, so maybe I did something wrong somewhere. I will fix it, don't worry. ;-)

WilliamK wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 pm Keep in mind that I had to do several changes to the code so the VST3 version would work too, so maybe I did something wrong somewhere. I will fix it, don't worry. ;-)
Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh :oops:

Problem is I feel frustrated when something that was working suddenly gets broken again. But I trust you to fix it :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”