Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 am Problem with FX:

Apparently, when we choose "New SFX" without previously choose "Delete SFX", the newly chosen FX is added to the FX chain, although we have only one FX visible in the slot, and no way I'm aware of accessing other FX (???).

I noticed this because I chose a Reverb to replace a delay in a preset. Then I changed my mind and chose another Reverb to replace (I thought) the previous one. When I was going to play, the sound result was completely unexpected. I then decided to start over and chose "Delete SFX". Much to my surprise, the reverb that I had chosen previously appeared. When I chose "Delete SFX" again, then the Delay that was there in the first place appeared. Only after choose "Delete SFX" one more time did I get the expected "Empty".

I was completely taken by surprise. If we are able to get more than one SFX per slot, then we must have a clar sign that the FX chain has more than one FX, and a quick way to access and view all that's there. The current right click isn't a good way. If I don't right click over the slot FX (and why would I?) I cannot know that there is more than one FX in there. Mayve an arrow pointing to the right when we are n the first FX, adn an arrow on each side if we have more than one FX and we are not in the first one of the chain.
Yes, it would be good if the FX Options were like the Filter Options where you can Add a filter or Replace a filter.
And the arrows in the slot would really help clarify things..great idea.

Not a bug report (yet).

Playing with the vst effects folder and found a couple things.

Amplitube and Guitar Rig work by copying their dll to the 64 bit EVE folder. Was having trouble with Amplitube 4 recently. May sound crazy, but the guitar amp suites allow fine detailed effects processing of keyboards. Example could be a B3 organ with a single overdrive, opposed to multiple amp models with fine discrimination if a third party effect is used.

Alchemy synth loads with the transplanted dll. Has to be reinitialized to the libraries each restart, but works. So many other 64 bit dll's work by simply copying the dll to the EVE 5 folder.

Kontakt loads but the sounds are not there with the copy process. Big hope was that EVE 3 could be loaded either in 32 bit or bridged 64. GUI comes up and the visual keyboard shows midi input, but no sounds once taken out of its positional context.

Hung note in Alchemy as a hosted vsti, not responsive to the EVE kill switch. Makes sense and nothing EVE should take responsibility for.

Getting incredible, gigantic sounds mixing EVE banks with third parties. If EVE could pick up different folder locations for vst/vsti, maybe even Kontakt would be worthy to come on board and support what is going on here.

JohnK

Dec 01 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 92

- Added all filter options to the drop-down menu that shows when you click on the filter name. Before you had to click on the filter name and them on options. Also, added some text on the filter name right area to inform if something extra is been used such as Key Velocity to Filter Frequency.
- Complete re-work of the multi mocde. Fixed several problems, including the midi channels not saving correctly. Now you have complete control over instances, delete and moving options will work on any instance. If you delete the last instance it will close the multi mode.

Ok, I uploaded the Crisis SF2 file there: WIN_Crisis_GM_SF2_Installer.zip
1.2 Gig in size. I'm downloading it now to test too. But it should show a text telling about the SF2 license information from Chris at the start, and should only extract the Crisis_GM_SF2_Installer.wpackage file.

Dec 01 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 92
Brilliant, great work William. I had previously thought that separating multi instance from normal mode might be too much trouble but you've achieved this elegantly, and it really does make everything much more clear.

Thanks, I'm till open to refining ideas. ;-) I will also work the other stuff asap.

...auto increment of MIDI channels not working here.

Ah, I forgot something, as I changed where I save it now... :dog:

Not to do with auto increment and I haven't thought the following through or tested it but I'm wondering whether there might be eventually conflicts between the MIDI channels assigned to Soundset layers and the MIDI channels assigned to instances?

No, is not like that, I created a separated variable for the multi mode, but I forgot to use it in some areas...

BTW: previous multi preset files won't work anymore, so please delete those.

Crisis install...get "Error reading packed data".

Oh, ok, I will check the code, still downloading here, so I will cancel. BTW: did you extract the contents and have the wpackage file along? Did it show the contents of the txt file in the initial window of the installer?

Ok, new WIN_Crisis_GM_SF2_Installer.zip file is there. :cool:

WilliamK wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm Oh, ok, I will check the code, still downloading here, so I will cancel. BTW: did you extract the contents and have the wpackage file along? Did it show the contents of the txt file in the initial window of the installer?
Yes, yes, yes.

:hug:

Return to “Instruments”