Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
goldglob
KVRian
693 posts since 10 Jan, 2007 from London

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:52 am

OK, downloading Crisis again...what should be the install destination...Wusik Engine Data, or Shared, or Wusik EVE V5?
Last edited by goldglob on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

WilliamK
KVRAF
4192 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Re: Wusik EVE V5 Beta Testing

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:54 am

It will auto-detect the new shared folder.

goldglob
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:57 am

OK, I'll see what happens, the default path in the install window read ".../Wusik Engine Data".

fmr
KVRAF
8080 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:00 am

WilliamK wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 am
No, is not like that, I created a separated variable for the multi mode, but I forgot to use it in some areas...

BTW: previous multi preset files won't work anymore, so please delete those.
Auto increment of MIDI Channels not working here either. Will we have a new build today yet?
Fernando (FMR)

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 am

Beta 94 uploaded, fixed the midi channel thing. :oops:

Cakreshvara
KVRist
118 posts since 4 Sep, 2006

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 am

Crisis really expands the capability of EVE. Excellent addition. :party:

Was trying to nail down some reproducible examples of fx conflicts. This is one using only stock effects.

A sound doesn't have to be loaded, but in the fx section, add mdaPiano and mdaEPiano.
The two instruments are in conflict, even though one can be given dominance by moving up or down.

Position mdaEPiano first and mdaPiano second.

MdaEPiano wet knob has no effect and the piano is absent. MdaPiano is present.
MdaPiano wet knob all the way up is MdaPiano 100%. The knob does control volume of MdaPiano, but as it is turned down, MdaEPiano starts to come in until we get mdaEPiano at full volume when the wet knob for mdaPiano is at zero.

If we move their positions in the first and second slots, the problem carries over in reverse.

This could be tricky to fix. Making each vst/vsti receive midi data from the source (parallel option) would feed the soundsets to everything equally, getting around effects or synths that might block midi thru, which might be the present problem. This fixed though means that you can't run the effects in series to get some desirable compound effects.

Checkbox option to feed midi data to each fx in parallel could be engaged if there were troubles with a specific setup like the mda pianos. Feel however that this could be a massive undertaking for right now.

John

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:40 am

Actually they are working exactly how they should, as each is an effect, actually. ;-) So the wet and dry signals will be mixed when you set the last one wet to middle position. MIDI information is been copied and sent in parallel to both. This is actually a hack, to use VSTis as effects. Maybe later on I make a better place for this sort of usage. :hihi:

goldglob
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 am

Crisis installer stuck on "Processing.. 0%", and after about 7 mins get "Error reading packed data"
Last edited by goldglob on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:49 am

Strange, I think I will have to debug here, thanks. :cool:

goldglob
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Auto Increment MIDI channels still not working. OK, previously the option ON would not stick...that is sticking now, but the channels don't increment (even after pressing OK then re-opening the window).

bojanboyss
KVRist
77 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Crisis Installer, pic taken after 7 mins, after 12 mins same as above message "Error reading...."

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:05 pm

They will only increment after you turn it on and add a new instance, then the new instance will have the correct number. At least here it is working like that.

WilliamK
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Maybe my code is not prepared to handle 1.6 Gig single file. I will check if I forgot somewhere to use 64 bits for file-handles. :oops:

Cakreshvara
KVRist
118 posts since 4 Sep, 2006

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:29 pm

William,

Thanks for the clarification on the wet/dry knob settings, what they are actually doing. Makes sense now, and a great hack. I was seeing it through the filter of expected behavior.

John

goldglob
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:32 pm

WilliamK wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:05 pm
They will only increment after you turn it on and add a new instance, then the new instance will have the correct number. At least here it is working like that.
Ah yes, I see that now. Still not ideal...
Say increment has been previously set to off.
Start new multi...don't even populate instance 1.
Open MIDI channels, set increment to ON, click OK.
Populate instance 1 with a preset.
Populate instance 2 with a preset.
Open MIDI channels, instance 1 is stuck on omni (all the other instances are incremented).

So to make increment work 100% need to set to ON, then close multi, then start again.
Is it technically possible to have it just work regardless of all this?

Return to “Instruments”