Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

William,

Major achievement. Chasing down refinements would be endless.

All we can offer from this point is feature requests.

EVE 5 already storms out of the gate turbo charged.

Note to Fernando, since you are seeing the problems I thought were critical.

Don't understand the depth of things, but so many vst/vsti programs rely on an initial installation location. Move or copy the dll to somewhere else and the thing may not work. Was why I was requesting the incorporation of the ability to add alternate plug locations outside the no files limitation. Some plugs, like the Valhalla reverbs work with a simple copy and paste. Other more complex synths and effects like you reported are killed off.

Understand as well that EVE is not by primary purpose a plugin host. But just imagine the potential if it expanded that capability on top of the incredible native libraries.

JohnK

Cakreshvara wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:56 am Don't understand the depth of things, but so many vst/vsti programs rely on an initial installation location. Move or copy the dll to somewhere else and the thing may not work. Was why I was requesting the incorporation of the ability to add alternate plug locations outside the no files limitation. Some plugs, like the Valhalla reverbs work with a simple copy and paste. Other more complex synths and effects like you reported are killed off.

Understand as well that EVE is not by primary purpose a plugin host. But just imagine the potential if it expanded that capability on top of the incredible native libraries.
Hi John:

No, it's not that. Basically, all plug-ins can be moved (I know, I have been doing that for many years already, and keep some special VslPlugIns folder for some hosts that tend to develop some special "incompatibilities", like for example Sound Forge 11. I am used to copy them from location to location. The problem is not copying them, the problem is the scanning blacklisting them, which means he tested and found them incompatible.

But, as I said, I am not worried, since I know the vast majority of people will not do that, although I think William opened a can of worms by allowing this - I know from self-experience how plug-ins tend to mess things up, and how difficult it is to keep compatibility with them, since I am used to beta testing.
Fernando (FMR)

Ok, updated Wusik Station V9 first BETA 9.1.2

BETA_WIN_Wusik_Stataion_V9_Engine.zip

Click the Show All Files link on the Download URL right area. So you see this file above.

It will use the new Wusik Engine Data folder. The installer doesn't have the presets, just the plugins and skin files. It will require the __noSounds install just like EVE uses. I will check if that one has all the files. Also, I will include a separated installer for presets for ALL products, and also an option to select which product's presets in the SoundCollection installer. So any new UPDATE files won't have preset files, unless new presets were added.

Ufff.... ;-)

WilliamK wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:41 pm Ok, updated Wusik Station V9 first BETA 9.1.2

BETA_WIN_Wusik_Stataion_V9_Engine.zip

Click the Show All Files link on the Download URL right area. So you see this file above.

It will use the new Wusik Engine Data folder. The installer doesn't have the presets, just the plugins and skin files. It will require the __noSounds install just like EVE uses. I will check if that one has all the files. Also, I will include a separated installer for presets for ALL products, and also an option to select which product's presets in the SoundCollection installer. So any new UPDATE files won't have preset files, unless new presets were added.

Ufff.... ;-)
Once again, the installer doesn't mark the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins. Please add that the next time. Also, the Data folder is still pointing to Wuskistation v9 Data. I presume it's because it was the last directory used. I will change that manually to Wusik Engine DATA.
Fernando (FMR)

Sorry, I didn't understand the first thing. :oops: And yeah, each installer has its own registry setting. I guess that's not good, it should use a common file for the engine data folder instead. Time to update. ;-)

I changed the directory manually to Wusik Engine Data, and it didn't create the sub-directory Wusik Station v9 (like EVE created the sub-directory Wusik EVE v5).

Result: A complete mess with all folders belonging to Wusik Station directly stored in the root of Wusik Engine DATA. I think the installer needs to be rebuilt.

EDIT: Sorry. I launched the old installer. :dog:

Now, I used the correct one, and things got installed the way they should. Ignore. :oops:
Fernando (FMR)

The blue backgrounds used for "Multi Instances" and "Presets" make these labels almost invisible. Since these are in light blue too, you should use a dark blue background, like you did in EVE.
Fernando (FMR)

Oops, that happens. ;-) As for the colors, yeah, I didn't like those, I will change the skin files tomorrow.

I still need to update the SoundCollection installer... I was thinking on adding a check box for each product, and write something like "Install Presets For The Following Products" and list: Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik EVE V5 and Wusik One. If the user selects all products but only own one, is not a problem, as the presets will go into the Wusik Engine Data / Select Product / Presets folder, and will not show in all products. :cool:

WilliamK wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 pm Oops, that happens. ;-) As for the colors, yeah, I didn't like those, I will change the skin files tomorrow.

I still need to update the SoundCollection installer... I was thinking on adding a check box for each product, and write something like "Install Presets For The Following Products" and list: Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik EVE V5 and Wusik One. If the user selects all products but only own one, is not a problem, as the presets will go into the Wusik Engine Data / Select Product / Presets folder, and will not show in all products. :cool:
Yes, that sounds good to me :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Hello William,

I installed the new beta for Wusik V9 and after moving my presets I happy to say they all display.

One question - can I now delete the old Wusikstation V9 DATA folder or do you want us to have access to that while you are sorting things out?

I can also now start on adding other instruments soundsets, like Absynth, to start with.

Thanks guys. Yeah, you can remove it. As we tested this a heck lot on eve.

@dnekm: I wonder if you updated your old presets for Anomaly. I have Anomaly from I to V.
Fernando (FMR)

I will have to dig them out of archives and I honestly do not know how many would convert properly. I will add it to the list of things to look into.

Ok, BETA_2_WIN_Wusik_Stataion_V9_Engine.zip is there now. It includes the multiout and fx versions too. I also added an option to select it or not. By default is Off, as most people won't use those files. It should remember if you select it.

dnekm wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 pm I will have to dig them out of archives and I honestly do not know how many would convert properly. I will add it to the list of things to look into.
They seem to work (more or less). My proboem is more about the structure of the Soundet folder. I have been experiencing a lot of messages about non-found samples (in WusikStation v7 too), so it seems that the way I organized the Soundset folder is not the one expected.

BTW, @WilliamK - When you can, please take a look to the possibility of adding some kind of automated search feature for this kind of errors. In v7 the synth would perform a quick search through the SoundSet directories and would present us with alternatives, if the correct sample is not found, or would simply load it when found. v8 and v9 simply do nothing and remain there without the sounds.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”