Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

John, I haven't started the manual yet, but I will do soon. You can click on the top item in the tree-browser on the right and it will open the options. There you can select "Manage Extra Folders". That's the place to add other sound folders. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

Thank you William. The manage folders option was right there. It does need a couple things to be refined at some point to make it easier to navigate through.

An optional filter is needed to specify which files are being searched for. Example is finding an sfz file mixed in with all the different wav files needed for the sfz. The way the tree unfolds off the right side of the browser section makes it difficult to know where the sfz is, not being able to see the extension. Examples would be the sfz tree layouts in Alchemy or Dimension Pro, Garritan, etc.

Best, John

Ah, good point, I will figure something out. Most of the SFZ files uses an extra "samples" folder, but some don't, and it gets confusing... right now I'm working on a prototype of a multi-preset feature inside EVE. :cool:

Wk

i hope you get very famous william. ur making great plugins. I wish you all luck!

WilliamK wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:47 pm ... right now I'm working on a prototype of a multi-preset feature inside EVE. :cool:
So, you decided to test the multi code in EVE first?
Fernando (FMR)

Yeah, if it works well, I can compile for Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008 too. :hug: So it's happening. :hyper:

Cheers, WilliamK

I'm live on twich, programming. ;-)

https://www.twitch.tv/williamkwusik

Wk

WilliamK wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:19 pm Yeah, if it works well, I can compile for Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008 too. :hug: So it's happening. :hyper:

Cheers, WilliamK
:tu:

Don't forget that you (we) will need a new preset format for the multis too, that will load each single preset in its own instance.
Fernando (FMR)

Ah, thanks for reminding me that, I forgot. :dog: Will do. :hug:

Wk

Interesting watching coding on Twich.

Can't understand a thing going on, but a couple things apparent.

The effort involved, and obvious that EVE is not being spliced together with SynthEdit.

John

Just a bump for a phaser fx in the effects. Whenever appropriate up the line after more critical issues are nailed.

I'm sure EVE 5 is capable of a lot more, but still associate EVE with the retro sounds of the mellotrons and the like. Low grade, cheezy sounds of a lost era that are as important and relevant today as when they came onto the scene decades ago. EVE 3 gave us a tool to connect with the past.

Phaser effect helps bring back the lo fi goodness of this audio statement. Can always add after the fact, but would be great to have a phaser native in EVE 5.

John

Oh, thanks dude. :hug: I don't know how a phaser works, but I will check the MDA code for some ideas. ;-) Still working on the Multi-Preset feature...

Cheers, WilliamK

Thanks William. One example of an effect I always used with EVE is Spinner LE in line after EVE using just the default setting. Supposed to be a rotary speaker but comes across like a phaser

http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Modulation5.htm

The soundsets from EVE 3, combined old mellotrons and tined EP pianos were (are) incredible. Blast back in time behind a mixing board with the Moody Blues or Genesis. So many times have been asked what software I'm using to get the retro sounds. EVE 3 and Spinner.

Getting harder to find bugs. Things working well, and very much looking forward to the presets. Thanks for all the hard work.

John

Oct 06 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 12 (Windows only for now, will do the OSX version soon)

! This updated requires you to update the DATA files too !

- Added Multi Preset support. In the tree-view on the right you can click on Multi Preset to start working with this new option. When saving the preset it will save all Multi Presets data too. It won't point to the original presets, but rather save all information into a single file. You can right-click on a multi preset layer to change its name for the list or remove a single layer. Click on MIDI Channels to change the input channel for each layer. By default is set to OMNI.
- Added VST Effect support. Included some examples (the same ones from Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008). The display is limited to 10 parameters, more than that will be cut out.

Cheers, WilliamK

BIG move forward taking up vst/vsti support. Using the 64 bit EVE but was able to use j-bridge to get the 32 bit vst's recognized.

Problem I'm having is opening the vst editor and inability to get past the initial GUI as needed. Example is Valhalla Plate reverb. The Valhalla GUI comes up and the visible knobs work, but cannot load presets which requires selecting another level of involvement from a drop down menu. They are visibly there but can't load. Same with next level selections of reverb "MODE". The choices are there but can't access. On the presets for Valhalla, the visible GUI has a right/left selection arrow which responds to preset change. Any drop down menu however will not function. Tried this on a couple other vst's and the result is similar.

Vst support a very welcomed addition.

John K

Return to “Instruments”