Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Wow, they really wanna do it right, don't they?

Huh? What changes? Isn't that the exact same design as shown when NI announced the delay?

(... and yeah, I like it a lot so far!)
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

dreamkeeper wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:11 am
Huh? What changes? Isn't that the exact same design as shown when NI announced the delay?
I wasn't 100% sure, didn't compare the other images from before to this new one from just a couple days ago. I figured it wouldn't hurt to post a link to it, and hey, it's a nice screenshot of it. :)

This still looks to me that its gonna be a reaktor ensemble

* What I love in Pigments are the randomizers and combinators. Can we expect something like that? NI speaks about 100 random sources but what are these?

Edit: I see the lfo- random in the screenshot but I don't think you can get a staircased S&H pattern out of it for example.

* In Zebra you have some sort of 'autoconnect' so that a standard signalflow is automatically created and only manual action is needed when you want to divert from it. Will this be the case here also?

I wonder why they show a screenshot of a reaktor core structure at the top of the page , since it's been already said massive x will not be a reaktor ensemble
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

yeah...
but...
is it made using reaktor?

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:54 pm yeah...
but...
is it made using reaktor?
And has it got a dark theme?

I hope the Reaktor comments are a joke, but if not...
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:30 am
Gribs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 pm So is this another instrument designed on the Reaktor code base? It sort of looks like it.
No, this is a standalone plugin. I mean, sure some DSP was probably prototyped in Reaktor as NI usually likes to do, but it's all optimized C++ code using AVX instructions.

mine was, just having a little fun with mr dragon :hihi:
i remember him being asked, pretty much every other post :lol:

Yeah, I caught your joking around. I'm trying to avoid fifteen people starting at page 67 and running with Reaktor questions.

It's strange that they put all those Reaktor design graphics on the Massive X Lab page. That won't help the confusion.

And I don't see what they've changed in the GUI at all from earlier pictures.

Well... as has been mentioned, it surely was built and prototyped in Reaktor. At least that would perfectly make sense to me.

Here's my thinking on why they made Massive X's GUI look like it could have been made with Reaktor.

They probably think that most NI customers like the Reaktor sound, especially the instruments that have actually been made for Reaktor. They probably think this will be a bigger seller than if it just looked like a generic synth.

In short, it's a marketing thing. Make this look like something we know people would love if it was that something.

Whether or not their thinking is correct (or for what matter if that even IS their thinking and this is not just coincidence) that's another matter altogether and it's not something I could ever prove. But I'm sure they had to see the similarity between Massive X and Reaktor ensembles if everybody else here sees the similarity. Coincidence? Maybe. But I don't believe in coincidences.

Return to “Instruments”