Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm But I don't believe in coincidences.
why bring it up then?
no one was even thinking coincidence till you said it, now its all anyone can think :o

They want all their products to have the same design language. If you look at all their new stuff the design is very cohesive across the range and that’s not just the software but also the hardware.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm But I don't believe in coincidences.
why bring it up then?
no one was even thinking coincidence till you said it, now its all anyone can think :o
:dog: Enter the Dragon :hyper:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm Here's my thinking on why they made Massive X's GUI look like it could have been made with Reaktor.

They probably think that most NI customers like the Reaktor sound, especially the instruments that have actually been made for Reaktor. They probably think this will be a bigger seller than if it just looked like a generic synth.

In short, it's a marketing thing. Make this look like something we know people would love if it was that something.

Whether or not their thinking is correct (or for what matter if that even IS their thinking and this is not just coincidence) that's another matter altogether and it's not something I could ever prove. But I'm sure they had to see the similarity between Massive X and Reaktor ensembles if everybody else here sees the similarity. Coincidence? Maybe. But I don't believe in coincidences.
Although I do agree that the GUI has a sort of blocks feel, that's not what I was referring to. I meant the Reaktor structure visuals behind the words Massive X Lab here: https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... massive-x/

If you take a look at the GUI's of user interface designer's, they all have some kind of trademark look to them. If Massive X's skin was made by the same people who did the skins for Reaktor and its blocks, well, then, that's it, i guess.

The speculations are surely funny though, so, keep them coming. :D

Skin looks more like Razor than anything.

I'm still not sure if this e-Ink look will draw me in or not. The quality is high, but I like interfaces like Hive more that look like a futuristic unit with lights and knobs. The lack of a Reaktor container and the associated constraints is a huge plus however.

I'd just like a dark theme and some color lines around the modules to identify them.

chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 am If Massive X's skin was made by the same people who did the skins for Reaktor and its blocks, well, then, that's it, i guess.
It wasn't. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:02 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 am If Massive X's skin was made by the same people who did the skins for Reaktor and its blocks, well, then, that's it, i guess.
It wasn't. :)
Well if you are so close in communication with Native Instruments and instead of defending everything NI does can you report to them that there is a number of people dont like GUI and WHY and that people like CHOICE? So that NI could give a second thought...😁 we people are possible customers and not some unknown entity. But if NI is being stuborn about it, let it be, its they who will not gonna have a profit they could :)

Take as a example Uhe Repro 1. People did asked for poly version and by adding Repro 5 sales were increased dramaticly. So after all, people are the power.

It's too late to change the GUI if everyone wants a June release :)

Also it's not that NI isn't following forums like this silently. But ultimately the "hard" choices are taken by the marketing and the management, based on feedback from various groups of people. Also, do be aware that KvR is but a drop in the sea when compared to overall NI userbase when numbers are concerned.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am It's too late to change the GUI if everyone wants a June release :)
Those who did bought/upgraded to K12U yes, but those who waited out for massive x to show they dont really care (like me and my friend as ex). Plus i dont think its too late to change or alter (just give choices) the GUI, everything can be done and fast.

I recently red/heard interesting saying "no one remembers bad product released on time, but everyone remembers great one released after the delay". Dont remember who said that, but this is a very accurate one and its true.

ANyways i hope NI reads what people/community are saying (and you are not helpful to your friends at all) :)

Not that i care, just being honest :)

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:49 amPlus i dont think its too late to change or alter (just give choices) the GUI, everything can be done and fast.
Do you have insight into NI's codebase? Yes? No? How can you then know that everything can be done fast? Maybe it can't :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am It's too late to change the GUI if everyone wants a June release :)

Also it's not that NI isn't following forums like this silently. But ultimately the "hard" choices are taken by the marketing and the management, based on feedback from various groups of people. Also, do be aware that KvR is but a drop in the sea when compared to overall NI userbase when numbers are concerned.
Ofc KVR is but a drop, but if in NI facebook pages majority of comments are not satisfied with the GUI (despite the fact that the interaction is just from small amount of people) it still says, people arent happy :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:49 amPlus i dont think its too late to change or alter (just give choices) the GUI, everything can be done and fast.
Do you have insight into NI's codebase? Yes? No? How can you then know that everything can be done fast? Maybe it can't :)
No ofcourse i dont, i just asume here by logic. I cannot imagine how changing color can be integrated so deep you have to re-write whole code.

It's also a matter of prioritization, there's probably a lot more important issues that need to be sorted out rather than faffing around with colors. However it's always possible stuff can be added in an update down the road.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 amOfc KVR is but a drop, but if in NI facebook pages majority of comments are not satisfied with the GUI (despite the fact that the interaction is just from small amount of people) it still says, people arent happy :)
No, it says that a SMALL number of people aren't happy. Not the userbase as a whole.

Return to “Instruments”