Output Arcade has been updated to 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some nice usability changes, as well as a re-sizable GUI/UX! Nice:

https://output.com/blog/arcade-v1-1-update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYg6IlnRj2o
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Nice. The playable pitch is the big one for me. Delighted to have that now. 8)

I'm really happy with Arcade. The content they are regularly adding serving up has been very good, and no doubt i'll sub once my 100 day demo is over. I'm using it on near every track. Not for main parts, but it's a dream for lovely layers and effects fro, melodic, to atmospheric, to percussive.

I wish they would add NKS support though, at least for the macros. Not sure why they aren't considering all the other Output instruments have it.

barryfell wrote:Nice. The playable pitch is the big one for me. Delighted to have that now. 8)

I'm really happy with Arcade. The content they are regularly adding serving up has been very good, and no doubt i'll sub once my 100 day demo is over. I'm using it on near every track. Not for main parts, but it's a dream for lovely layers and effects fro, melodic, to atmospheric, to percussive.

I wish they would add NKS support though, at least for the macros. Not sure why they aren't considering all the other Output instruments have it.
My 100 day demo just ended - I subscribed. They're going all in with it and I really like some of the content, and it's just fun as hell to use. And I like that I can cancel and resume and never lose any material I've downloaded and recorded.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

If you choose not to subscribe after demo period expires or decide to cancel later, do they allow you to use what you've created/recorded during demo or subscription period after cancelling?

Musical Gym wrote:If you choose not to subscribe after demo period expires or decide to cancel later, do they allow you to use what you've created/recorded during demo or subscription period after cancelling?
You're projects with Output in them will still play as they did but Output's GUI is frozen.

got it, thanks

barryfell wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:If you choose not to subscribe after demo period expires or decide to cancel later, do they allow you to use what you've created/recorded during demo or subscription period after cancelling?
Your projects with Output in them will still play as they did but Output's GUI is frozen.
Exactly. And I'm perfectly fine with this sort of subscription model - probably one of the most liberal I've seen. :party:

barryfell wrote:
You're projects with Output in them will still play as they did but Output's GUI is frozen.
So if you have an almost done sketch from a couple of months ago and now want to go finishing it and making a serious mix, you would have to subscribe again in order to make any modification to what you have done to make it fit better in the new mix work. In other words you would have to pay to access fully your own creation.

mevla wrote:
barryfell wrote:
So if you have an almost done sketch from a couple of months ago and now want to go finishing it and making a serious mix, you would have to subscribe again in order to make any modification to what you have done to make it fit better in the new mix work. In other words you would have to pay to access fully your own creation.
This is how the subscription works. Otherwise, there would be no point in offering it as a sub.

Best finish your project before your sub ends, or spend money on another month (in your example).

:party:

Seems to me if you bounce all your creations to wav files during subscription, there would be no restriction in that regard. You should be able to continue with those as you would with anything else.

mevla wrote:
barryfell wrote:
Any modification in terms of instrument based changes yes. You are of course free to mix it in situ in your DAW without having to bounce out or anything, so not having an active sub doesn't matter if you are talking mixing.

Of course if you haven't reached the mixing stage yet and still need to to make instrument tweaks you would need to have a license for the instrument. That's surely fair yeah? You couldn't expect to have access to change the patch to whatever you want for free could you?

Musical Gym wrote:Seems to me if you bounce all your creations to wav files during subscription, there would be no restriction in that regard. You should be able to continue with those as you would with anything else.
You don't even need to bounce, that's the cool thing about it and what makes it different from other sub based plugins which give you nothing when you don't have an active sub.

The track will play from the plugin as it always did. The only thing is the GUI is frozen.

mevla wrote:
barryfell wrote:

and to access theirs
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

double
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

How do you use the playable pitch control? Is there documentation on this? Manual?

Nevermind, this software subscription is getting cancelled. output learn how to put out a manual! :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”