Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:01 pm
vurt wrote:
its the same everywhere.

theres supposed to be volunteer agencies delivering food parcels to the vulnerable in isolation, but it depends if you have one local

so, not too isolated then :wink:
FTFY

It looks kinda tempting but not really buying anything other than essentials right now.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:40 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:38 pm no idea, all the quote tags appear to be in place :shrug:

weird!
I know, right? It's one of those 'Right in front of my f**king eyes' types of things, but I just can't get it :scared:
vurt post_id=7716946time=1586096560 user_id=5605

Possibly needs a space after the id number, before "time".

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:57 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:01 pm
vurt wrote:
its the same everywhere.

theres supposed to be volunteer agencies delivering food parcels to the vulnerable in isolation, but it depends if you have one local

so, not too isolated then :wink:
FTFY
smart arse :lol:

Unaspected wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:58 pm It looks kinda tempting but not really buying anything other than essentials right now.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:40 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:38 pm no idea, all the quote tags appear to be in place :shrug:

weird!
I know, right? It's one of those 'Right in front of my f**king eyes' types of things, but I just can't get it :scared:
vurt post_id=7716946time=1586096560 user_id=5605

Possibly needs a space after the id number, before "time".
Yeah, sorry. Changed it back. It doesn't work. I quoted it directly from vurt's post

I bought Thorn when it first came out and hadn't used it in ages, but when the sale happened I got the newest version from PA. Is there a bug with the Harmonic Filter Shape dial? When I turn it anti-clockwise, to reduce treble content, it works fine (I can see the display reflect the dial), but when I turn it clockwise absolutely nothing happens. Now it has been a long time since I used Thorn so I am not sure if that is the correct behaviour...although I am guessing not.

Does that happen for anyone else? Tried in Cubase and Bitwig - same result.

You have to change the harmonic filter's default preset or draw your own shape to see/hear something happen.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

zoidkirb wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 pm
Pacific05 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:09 pm Back on topic: seems like Thorn hasn't a latch function in the arpeggiator? Or am I missing something?
No latch as far as I can see.
https://www.beatlabacademy.com/should-i ... er-review/
Good rundown on this synth, and it's pro's and con's (including no arp latch if that's what your in to)
Although he is wrong I think with the LFO con, as free running LFO is available.
Thank you, missed that.

EdSfer wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:25 am You have to change the harmonic filter's default preset or draw your own shape to see/hear something happen.
Ah nice one, thanks very much! :tu:

/deleted/ sorry
Last edited by U-o on Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yzcoruhT

:phones:

Is still possible to get (mean legally buy) an older version from Dmitry? I don't like PA (sorry for that).
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 am Is still possible to get (mean legally buy) an older version from Dmitry? I don't like PA (sorry for that).
Unfortunately, you can't.

U-o wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 am Is still possible to get (mean legally buy) an older version from Dmitry? I don't like PA (sorry for that).
This is something I'd be on board with, I don't like PA, and don't want to go down that road. I always thought he was independent...
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Thanks for replies. If there's no legal way to get it I rather use CM version.
yzcoruhT

Somebody mentioned Thorn + EDM. I was watching Lostlands on Twitch TV a couple or three weeks ago. EDM dubstep is how i would describe it (Lostlands). It did look a lot of fun.

Anyway i think this synth Thorn would be up to the task of EDM dubstep. It's got some brutal basses! But also it has 3 or 4 "nice" basses which i find myself coming back to for my techno/tech-house productions.

Return to “Instruments”