Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
freshalex
KVRist
49 posts since 17 Jun, 2016

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi.

Can someone give me the hint I need?

In Logic Pro X I can easily control Omnisphere with the SYS-1m, the same with the standalone version.

But I don't know how to set up Live 10 to make the SYS-1m work as a controller for Omnisphere …

Does that work for anyone in Live?

Thanks for your help!
Alexander :phones:

The following setup:
macOS 13
Live 10.3
Omnisphere 2.5
Roland SYS-1m (newest firmware and drivers)

User avatar
beely
KVRAF
1592 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm

I vaguely remember Spectrasonics saying Live is the only DAW that doesn't pass the necessary NRPM MIDI data to control some synths, so you might be affected by that...

illkind
KVRer
24 posts since 4 Aug, 2011

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Works in Live 10 with my System 8, can't imagine why it wouldn't work with the 1m.

freshalex
KVRist
49 posts since 17 Jun, 2016

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:22 am

illkind wrote:Works in Live 10 with my System 8, can't imagine why it wouldn't work with the 1m.
Thank you for your answer! I think the same as you - according to Eric's statements this should work as well.

Can you show me in your Live settings how to use your System-8 as a controller?

freshalex
KVRist
49 posts since 17 Jun, 2016

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:24 am

beely wrote:I vaguely remember Spectrasonics saying Live is the only DAW that doesn't pass the necessary NRPM MIDI data to control some synths, so you might be affected by that...

Yeah, that was during the beta phase. Later Eric announced that a solution was also found for Live.

User avatar
beely
KVRAF
1592 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:23 am

freshalex wrote:Yeah, that was during the beta phase. Later Eric announced that a solution was also found for Live.
Ah great, thanks for the update. :tu:

freshalex
KVRist
49 posts since 17 Jun, 2016

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 am

beely wrote:
freshalex wrote:Yeah, that was during the beta phase. Later Eric announced that a solution was also found for Live.
Ah great, thanks for the update. :tu:
Naturally :phones:

freshalex
KVRist
49 posts since 17 Jun, 2016

Anyone using Roland System1/m/8 with Omnisphere 2.5 in Live 10?

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 am

Omnisphere and System 1m work fine for me in Logic Pro - but still not in Live 10.

Other users don't have a problem in Live 10 either ... can someone help me with the preferences in Live?

Spectrasonics support couldn't ...

Thank you very much!
Alexander :phones:

freshalex
KVRist
49 posts since 17 Jun, 2016

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 with Roland SYS-1m in Live 10?

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

One more try:

Can anyone who is reading this control Omnisphere 2.5 with the Roland System-1/1m/8 in Live 10?

Thanks :)

Return to “Instruments”