THE SH#T FACTOR - Plugs that blew you away the first time you heard them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

voidhead23 wrote:In order, Absynth, Bazille and Zebra. Unfortunately, the first two proved a bitch to program (i'm not a synth guy) so i sold the second and am selling the first. Every time i load up Zebra, i get sidetracked from writing by the joy of just listening to the thing. It's got the upper sheen of digital but also the low fundamentals and low-mid grind i got very used to with my first analog. Love that thing.
Thank you for your comments. Zebra is indeed amazing.

String by Loomer. Instant gratification.

Pure ear candy. :love:

stvrsz wrote:I never asked "what your favorite synth was." The question AGAIN was what synth WAS YOUR FAVORITE the first time that you loaded it.
#1: Camel Audio Alchemy. It is still my favorite!
#2: Second favorite-the-first-time is Iris 1.
#3 & 4: Rhino & Tassman also left great "first impressions" and still do!
#5.... Every other synth took a bit more time.
Last edited by Michael L on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

VAZ Modular, Aalto, u-he Repro 1/5

Winstontaneous wrote:VAZ Modular ... (quote shortened for reasons)
!

stvrsz wrote:
fisherKing wrote:OP... please split your post up a bit into paragraphs! so hard to read one long post like that...
My humble apologies as this is my FIRST forum post. I hope that I have modified the OP to your satisfaction.
I was just simply seeking epiphanies by kindred spirits.
honestly, several people pointed this out, so... hope you did it for that reason, not for 'my satisfaction'.

for me, zebra2. sylenth1. recently,, cypher 2. an aparillo...

fisherKing wrote:
stvrsz wrote:
fisherKing wrote:OP... please split your post up a bit into paragraphs! so hard to read one long post like that...
My humble apologies as this is my FIRST forum post. I hope that I have modified the OP to your satisfaction.
honestly, several people pointed this out, so... hope you did it for that reason, not for 'my satisfaction'.

Thanks for your input. I have messed around with some Sugar Bytes(Cyclop and Factory) plugs a bit back. Good stuff.

stvrsz wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
stvrsz wrote:

Thanks for your input. I have messed around with some Sugar Bytes(Cyclop and Factory) plugs a bit back. Good stuff.
aparillo is some crazy sh*t, and i really like it, but don't use it a lot. still, a great synth to play with...

fisherKing wrote:
stvrsz wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
stvrsz wrote:

aparillo is some crazy sh*t, and i really like it, but don't use it a lot. still, a great synth to play with...
That is exactly what I was hoping to generate with the post. I mean, I really love some Krakli plugs like R.I.P. - K700 and RMPX, but I never ended up using them to make any music. Just the "WOW" factor. I cannot believe no one has mentioned Serum? Massive? I figured those were automatic...

stvrsz wrote:
mholloway wrote:
stvrsz wrote: All U-he plugs just have a "sound" to me.
It’s funny, you type all these words, but communicate nothing of value at all.
Enlighten me oh communicator extraordinaire. Please kindly READ the forum topic before commenting. The PREMISE is that it is subjective. I am seeking epiphanies, not criticism for lack of data.
Ignore the u-he fanboy trolls. There are a few u-he fanboys here on KVR that are rational (myself included), but most refuse to allow anyone to dare say a critical word about the company and their products, even if it's legitimate constructive criticism. They'll defend u-he no matter what. I think of them as Trump cultists of the audio production world. :hihi:

stvrsz wrote:
_al_ wrote:Nothing, unfortunately
Then you are truly a hardware person. Get a good job and good credit.
haha, nope software for life :)
I said nothing blew me away first time i heard it.
I'm continuously blown away by my favourite synth's abilty to be a one-stop techno shop, but that's not the question you asked :lol:

Oh good GAWD.....such typical BS.

Kudos to the OP for sharing the the initial joy, spark and wonderment. And to you KVRaryan nazi fanbois.....get a frigging life. :roll: :roll: :roll:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Pretty good thread subject. Sorry to hear you had to get rid of you stuff back in the day. It took me alittle while to think about it, and I couldn't really think of anything at first, but now I remember I was blown away by reFX Vanguard a million years ago. Years later, while playing some chord progressions and using the mod wheel and foot pedal, Omnisphere blew me away. Last one would definitely be all of the Roland Cloud stuff. Just amazing!! Other than that, everything else was way cool, but just never blew me away.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I remember Dune CM and thinking... What is this?

Others worth noting:

Aparillo - Default preset is amazing.

Rapture - First couple of times loading I remember how good it sounded. Still does.

Absynth 3 or 4 - I actually love the interface. I didn't know software could do that when I first loaded it.

Repro 1/5 and Bazille - Balls. They have balls.

Razor - Name sums up the sound. Cuts.

Don't make me list effects too! :wink:

DubLifeSD wrote:ImpOSCar! that was the first one to make me say woooahhh in the digital realm.
Yeah, that's a classic and still sounds good today (version 1, even). Was also immediately blown away by Minimonsta and Oddity 2.
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”