Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Nah, the switch to the new GUI framework simply broke a few things in the new version. I'm sure someone will fix it eventually :)

This is how surge shows up in reaper , notice the jagged edges and missing alpha channels for the sliders , also some fonts are missing >
In renoise the gui doesn't show up at all .
Could someone tell me where surge stores it's gui data , or is it embedded inside the dll file ?
Everything is installed in the same folder
I'm on vista 32 bit ,
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:19 pm This is how surge shows up in reaper , notice the jagged edges and missing alpha channels for the sliders , also some fonts are missing >
In renoise the gui doesn't show up at all .
Could someone tell me where surge stores it's gui data , or is it embedded inside the dll file ?
Everything is installed in the same folder
I'm on vista 32 bit ,
Could be in AppData perhaps? Im not on my Computer atm so cant check.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

appdata/local/surge
Is where the wave table data / patches and an xml file are stored , no gui folder in sight .
Really scratching my head here
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Oh my bad. :) Does the Manual mention where the gui elements is placed ? Unlikely though
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Delta Sign wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:37 pm Usually via right click, but right click menus don't seem to work at the moment.
Btw one buddy told me that he use v1.5.2 (64bit) without any problem, and with working drop-down wavetable menu's. But i see at guthub only v1.6 versions, anyone know about v1.5.2 ?

Also, do there detail info about changes history in nowaday versions ?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:19 pm
I'm on vista 32 bit
Doesn‘t this explain everything?
As its open source, go ahead and fix it or live with it or leave it. You might be the only one who needs it on vista...

c_voltage wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:16 pm
Delta Sign wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:37 pm Usually via right click, but right click menus don't seem to work at the moment.
Btw one buddy told me that he use v1.5.2 (64bit) without any problem, and with working drop-down wavetable menu's. But i see at guthub only v1.6 versions, anyone know about v1.5.2 ?

Yes, the old version should still work. The new version (1.6) uses a new version of the VSTGUI framework, which messed a few things up. Someone will probably fix these issues eventually, just give it a bit of time. The old versions are not available anywhere, as far as I know.
The "only" new things in the 1.6 version are the new framework, VST3 support, MPE support and the new analog envelopes.

Is anyone from the gitHub community in this thread? It might be a good idea for someone to post the requests from here over there.

I'm using v1.5.2 since way back ... works fine in Win 8.1 64 bit. It was the last update before being open sourced afaik.

Delta Sign wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Yes, the old version should still work. The new version (1.6) uses a new version of the VSTGUI framework, which messed a few things up. Someone will probably fix these issues eventually, just give it a bit of time. The old versions are not available anywhere, as far as I know.
The "only" new things in the 1.6 version are the new framework, VST3 support, MPE support and the new analog envelopes.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:12 pm
I'm using v1.5.2 since way back ... works fine in Win 8.1 64 bit. It was the last update before being open sourced afaik.
Hm folks i'm puzzled, you want to say that some official build (before news about share to opensource) already existed in 64bit form ?

c_voltage wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:42 pm
Delta Sign wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:16 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:12 pm
Hm folks i'm puzzled, you want to say that some official build (before news about share to opensource) already existed in 64bit form ?
yes it's been 64 bit for years.
my 1.52 installs both 32 and 64

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:14 pm appdata/local/surge
Is where the wave table data / patches and an xml file are stored , no gui folder in sight .
Really scratching my head here

Maybe you could try to PM the dev, member 'Kurasu' here (see first post). Maybe he's willing to provide you with a 32-bit Surge 1.5.2. ?

_al_ wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:47 pm yes it's been 64 bit for years.
my 1.52 installs both 32 and 64
Oh damn. I did not know that, was sure that existed only 32bit version. So, for why was need share sources only ? Instead share already compiled and ready for use 64bit build. This is had been some vendor secret in compilation procedure ? for trouble free working, or what. :?

I mean, why official build has no bugs, while the same code but compiled by users is have problems ?

Return to “Instruments”