VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Everybody has a price, we just need to find out yours. :hihi:

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:07 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pmImage
Oof, that bright cyan on the two strips there is not working, text and icons barely readable. They should be darker then or the cyan toned down. :)
I just sampled the blue in Bitwig but I suppose I could tone it down it a little without getting too far from the theme

Or changing the font color to black, but then you also need to tweak the SVGs that have the filter type icons...

Also all the text below sliders is grayish, when majority of text in Bitwig is full white. More tweaking is in order (you'll want to tweak slider.dark.label and slider.light.label) ;)

I can't seem to do anything about the text contrast in the mod matrix though - it's the same in all skins

OK this is darker but still evokes Bitwig's blue

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 pm I can't seem to do anything about the text contrast in the mod matrix though - it's the same in all skins
Mod matrix has its own set of colors in the XML.

To get the list of all colors, right-click the Menu button, Developer options, Show queried colors.

Thanks tried that but for the mod menu it just says 'modbutton.inactive.fill default' so I'm none the wiser - maybe I can't change these as all skins have the same poor contrast colours

Anyway I have darkened the blue a little more and uploaded a new zip (same link as above)

modbutton.inactive.fill
modbutton.inactive.font
modbutton.inactive.font.hover
modbutton.inactive.frame
modbutton.inactive.frame.hover
modbutton.active.fill
modbutton.active.font
modbutton.active.font.hover
modbutton.active.frame
modbutton.active.frame.hover
modbutton.selected.fill
modbutton.selected.font
modbutton.selected.font.hover
modbutton.selected.frame
modbutton.selected.frame.hover
modbutton.used.fill
modbutton.used.font
modbutton.used.font.hover
modbutton.used.frame
modbutton.used.frame.hover

modbutton.secondary.hover
modbutton.active.secondary.hover
modbutton.selected.secondary.hover

baconpaul wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:38 pm My guess is that your mix on the delay is set to 100% so you get no dry signal and are inline, as opposed to send-routed to, the delay. Try adjusting the mix down, or try putting the FX on a bus and routing to it as a send with mix at 100%.
I'm using a stereo line-in guitar signal. I think it would be lucky to have some controls labeled
wet
dry
L feedback
R feedback
L tempo
R tempo
Taps L (insert number)
Taps R (insert number)
I realize that basic simplicity may not have been the target for the original team. A screenshot of a basic 1/8 notes 6 tap fading delay would be cool, as priorities allow. No rush...
Cheers

That's not how that particular delay effect was designed, though, so it has a different parameter set. It's not based around a number of taps.

It's a direct port of delay from Surge synth, so parameterization is the same. Parameters are explained in the manual: https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/manual/#delay

Yeah exactly what ED said; it's not tap count based.

but here's a setting which I think would get close to what you want
Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 8.27.55 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks so much for the screenshot. I'd never have arrived at that nice destination by my sorry old knobifications :hyper: :party:

Attached a clip using it on may favorite Mustang Amp sound, a distortion with filter sweep. The delay really adds depth.
Vst3 preset save/load working in linux Reaper.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Incredible work on this synth! Thanks guys!

Surge does wonderful PPG-style retro pad sounds, and most likely all kinds of other things as well :D

Interface is truly brilliant, and the scene feature makes this a strong candidate for rich pads and soundscapes. Definitely worth the time to learn it <3

glokraw wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:21 am Thanks so much for the screenshot. I'd never have arrived at that nice destination by my sorry old knobifications :hyper: :party:

Attached a clip using it on may favorite Mustang Amp sound, a distortion with filter sweep. The delay really adds depth.
Vst3 preset save/load working in linux Reaper.
Cheers
Sounds great!

baconpaul wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:59 am
Hez wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 am @ the whole Surge team, I noticed that Audio Vitamins have just open sourced their semi-generative sequencer Stochas a few days ago:

https://github.com/rudeog/stochas_open
Thanks! I dropped a note on their github introducing the team and saying hi.
Thanks for adopting Stochas and giving it a good home. I hope it grows up big and strong, brave and true!

:tu:
바보

Return to “Instruments”