Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:59 pm 2.8 beta link broken for windows?
edit: It's back.
Yeah there’s a small period where we update the website and the release repo and they can be out of sync for 30 seconds

The Nerdy Music Guy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:32 pm
surreal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:06 pm
The Nerdy Music Guy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:08 am Some warm synth strings:

https://soundcloud.com/user-589036812-2 ... -1-x-surge
This is so nice!! Is this your preset? Do you mind sharing it with us?
Like EvilDragon said, I'm working hard on factory presets for the 1.8 release. There should be a bunch of them included once it's ready and this preset will certainly be one of them :)
Yes, these are very sweet. Any external FX?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:25 pm
The Nerdy Music Guy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:32 pm
surreal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:06 pm
The Nerdy Music Guy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:08 am Some warm synth strings:

https://soundcloud.com/user-589036812-2 ... -1-x-surge
This is so nice!! Is this your preset? Do you mind sharing it with us?
Like EvilDragon said, I'm working hard on factory presets for the 1.8 release. There should be a bunch of them included once it's ready and this preset will certainly be one of them :)
Yes, these are very sweet. Any external FX?
Nope, all the demos I post are always completely "dry". And thanks :)

baconpaul wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:22 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:34 pm Nope no touch support yet.
I thought we worked in windows touch mode if you put the mouse in exact and disable cursor hiding both no? Cursor hiding and touch will misbehave because of repositioning and non exact will make you sad but if the combo of no hide and exact do t work with a device sending wm touch I would at least like to know
Oh right I need to check my Surge install on my Surface, when I tested that Ableton resize bugfix I don't know if I had cursor hiding on or off.

EDIT: Indeed! If mouse is set to Exact and Show cursor while editing is enabled, touch-dragging the sliders works just fine!

Just no multitouch, of course!

I just downloaded the 1.8 beta and played around with the new filter models. I really like the new options in sonic character they provide but find it a little unpleasing that they have such great differences in volume. Is that intended or just caused by the fact they we put together from different code bases?

phazed wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:59 pm I just downloaded the 1.8 beta and played around with the new filter models. I really like the new options in sonic character they provide but find it a little unpleasing that they have such great differences in volume. Is that intended or just caused by the fact they we put together from different code bases?
OB-Xd filter was reduced in gain (initial implementation was WAY louder!) but still 2-pole mode with max resonance WILL be loud. It's the same in the actual OB-Xd synth (especially in "Pushed" mode). K35 filter and diode ladder are much better I'd say (of course K35 can get loud as you change subtypes because that's basically just pushing the internal saturation of the filter higher). Non-linear filter models (Cutoff Warp and Resonance Warp) are completely non-standard and idiosyncratic, and are HEAVILY input level dependant, plus their output also depends on the non-linearity they use, and this is nigh impossible to have under control. We've tried our best (you can see all the attempts and commits related to their gain compensation), but it's likely not going to be much better than this.

baconpaul wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:22 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:34 pm Nope no touch support yet.
I thought we worked in windows touch mode if you put the mouse in exact and disable cursor hiding both no? Cursor hiding and touch will misbehave because of repositioning and non exact will make you sad but if the combo of no hide and exact do t work with a device sending wm touch I would at least like to know
Oh great, I wasn’t aware of that. I will try that setting, thanks!

Is there any rough estimate of when the 1.8 version is gonna get released?

Pretty sure I read 13th January on the Surge discord.. assuming no issues delay that..
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Shifrin wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:35 am Pretty sure I read 13th January on the Surge discord.. assuming no issues delay that..
Cheers. :tu:

Yes it's a tentative release date. Plus minus a few days, depends on one external factor (additional skin) which we really really want to include.

Yeah indeed. “Next week; maybe next weekend - 13th to 20th or so”.

But the nightly we have now is basically 1.8, except for patches and skins we want to include, and we appreciate any and all tests you do now. (Easier to fix something before the release than after).

The latest beta with the new filters , mseg , airwindows effects etc.. brings surge on a whole new level .
Kudos to the surge team !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks, GCD! :party:

There will be more (a lot more) where that came from in 1.9 (the milestone is open for everyone to read on GitHub, but we reserve the right to kick some of those issues out of it)! ;)

Return to “Instruments”