Feature request for Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, as I'm doing the final stuff for Wusik EVE V5, I also want to start thinking on Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008 again, as those are not finished up yet. ;-) Please, let me know your ideas on what I could add to those products to make them even better. I already want to make a new FM module for both, on WS it will be a new layer type.

As for Wusik EVE, I need to find some people to help me out creating new presets for it and also need to check which sounds will be the "default" sounds from the BIG library of sounds I have from WS and W8008. And I need to create a manual for it, still some work to do...

Anyway, just keeping you guys posted on what's going on. :-)

Best Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Ok, as I'm doing the final stuff for Wusik EVE V5, I also want to start thinking on Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008 again, as those are not finished up yet. ;-) Please, let me know your ideas on what I could add to those products to make them even better. I already want to make a new FM module for both, on WS it will be a new layer type.
Make WusikStation 9 multitimbral, as WS7 was (or make a new, multimbral, version of WS9). I was used to launch WS7 and open several presets, each playing on its own MIDI channel, as I do with other samplers). I can't do that anymore.
Fernando (FMR)

When you say multitimbral, you mean to be able to stack presets? As right now each layer can already be assigned to its own MIDI channel and output in the multi output version. If you mean the first option, like WS V7 had, I would need to think in a way to add to the interface. Is not a bad idea. I could even re-use some portions of the Wusik P2000 code for that I guess. Maybe a new plugin called Wusik Station V9 Multi Preset or something like that? And when you open it has an extra tab on the left that allows you to load multiple instances and each with its own preset? WS V7 was like that, internally it would just load multiple instances of the Classic version, not sure if you remember?

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:When you say multitimbral, you mean to be able to stack presets? As right now each layer can already be assigned to its own MIDI channel and output in the multi output version.
Yes, I mean full presets, of course. Actually, i never got why would we want each layer on its own MIDI channel :?

But maybe I just suffer from lack of imagination :shrug:
WilliamK wrote: If you mean the first option, like WS V7 had, I would need to think in a way to add to the interface. Is not a bad idea. I could even re-use some portions of the Wusik P2000 code for that I guess. Maybe a new plugin called Wusik Station V9 Multi Preset or something like that? And when you open it has an extra tab on the left that allows you to load multiple instances and each with its own preset? WS V7 was like that, internally it would just load multiple instances of the Classic version, not sure if you remember?
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Of course, we would need a way to save Multis, to not be forced to reload each preset...
Fernando (FMR)

Ok, good news, as you already saw, I'm working on a new global feature that is the Multi Preset thing. :hyper: I'm doing first for Wusik EVE V5, as you can see from my live twitch videos. Once that's working I can include and compile for Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008 too. I'm also adding SF2 (Soundfont II) sample support and some other small things. I will make a list when possible.

Cheers, WilliamK

Ahh, forgot to say. You can select different global midi channels per multi-preset layer. Since presets mostly load with OMNI for all its internal layers, it will work correctly. And the preset file is the same. If you have multi-presets loaded and save a preset, it will save the multi-preset data too.

Wk

WilliamK wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:51 pm Ahh, forgot to say. You can select different global midi channels per multi-preset layer. Since presets mostly load with OMNI for all its internal layers, it will work correctly. And the preset file is the same. If you have multi-presets loaded and save a preset, it will save the multi-preset data too.

Wk
IMO, in a Multi, each preset should load with the next MIDI channel, and not in Omni. That's thje behaviour in all samplers that have Multi (like Kontakt, Falcon, HALion, etc.). Actually, you always start with a default Multi, that is empty. When you add a preset to the Multi, it loads in Channel 1. If you add a second one, it loads in channel 2. You can change this, of course, but it is assumed (correctly, IMO) that this is the most wanted behavior.

Not sure if the layers playing in Omni will no cause them to respond to incoming MIDI messages in other channels than the preset selected channel (?).

I may be interested in Wusik Station, Wusik 8008 and Wusik EVE, once these features are sorted out.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”