Xils-lab PolyM : Update to v1.1 + Launch offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyM

abernathy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:36 pm I'm having a terrible time with v1.1 and now v1.11 preset management. Exporting a preset instantly crashes Logic every time (latest version in Mojave). This happens on both of my Macs. Creating a new Bank brings up the box to type the name in, but clicking OK just deletes the name I typed - all I can do is Cancel. These are just a couple of examples - almost nothing seems to work as expected for me in the preset manager. And one fussy thing... the new preset manager says "Ctrl or Shift: Multi Item Selection", but this should be Command or Shift on the Mac version - this typo and all the problems I'm having makes me wonder if this was thoroughly tested on Mac. I am wondering if these are issues with Mojave's increased security measures - maybe PolyM needs access to storage areas and it is crashing instead of asking for access? Hey, but PolyM sounds fabulous!
I have forwarded all the above at Xils, so that they can look into it. I exported PolyMage soundbank with v1.1.1 and with 1.1, and it was OK (Simply means I had no trouble exporting it, creating new banks items, new criterias etc, then all users were able to import it ... afaik) (I hope you were able to import it on your system) But if there's something broken with certain Logic/Mac combos in the export functions, I hope it can be fixed quickly. Thanks for the report.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Stefken wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Lotuzia wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:01 am More PolyM sounds

PolyMage 3

Btw Mage = Magus/Wizard in french

Edit 16/10/2018 : And the last one : The longest, around 7mn long iirc

PolyMage 4
Very nice sounds indeed, that certainly are a great surplus to the OTB presets.
Thanks. :) PolyM is much more versatile that I first thought. Actually, it's a stunning beauty.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 am
abernathy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:36 pm I'm having a terrible time with v1.1 and now v1.11 preset management. Exporting a preset instantly crashes Logic every time (latest version in Mojave).....
I have forwarded all the above at Xils, so that they can look into it. I exported PolyMage soundbank with v1.1.1 and with 1.1, and it was OK (Simply means I had no trouble exporting it, creating new banks items, new criterias etc, then all users were able to import it ... afaik) (I hope you were able to import it on your system) But if there's something broken with certain Logic/Mac combos in the export functions, I hope it can be fixed quickly. Thanks for the report.
Thank you! Xavier already got in touch with me to tell me he's looking into it. I WAS able to import your beautiful presets (it did require the latest PolyM update).

PolyM is a perfect example of why I love authentic vintage emulations: There are quirks and limitations that you'd never intentionally put in a "new" synth, but they are what makes PolyM so characterful and interesting.

abernathy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:47 pm
Lotuzia wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 am
abernathy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:36 pm I'm having a terrible time with v1.1 and now v1.11 preset management. Exporting a preset instantly crashes Logic every time (latest version in Mojave).....
Thank you! Xavier already got in touch with me to tell me he's looking into it. I WAS able to import your beautiful presets (it did require the latest PolyM update).

PolyM is a perfect example of why I love authentic vintage emulations: There are quirks and limitations that you'd never intentionally put in a "new" synth, but they are what makes PolyM so characterful and interesting.
According to Xils, the bug is only with Logic X -or with audio unit actually- , and is possibly/hopefully fixed now.
Thanks for your kind words for PolyMage :) Depply appreciated.

HotFix : The bug above should have been fixed now. (New version for Mac available on Xils site)

Minitrack with some PolyM presets.

September in Paris

Lotuzia wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:59 pm Minitrack with some PolyM presets.

September in Paris
That sounds great. I caved for this one.

I remember, as a teen in the late 1970's, gazing at a new Polymoog at The House of Guitars in Rochester, NY and thinking that it looked so cool but was totally unreachable - many times more than a new Gibson ES335 at the time (I bought a 335 a few years later new for $850 with the case). I have been a Yes fan since I was a little kid (thanks to my uncle) and I owned "Going for the One" (still have it on vinyl and CD) and was well aware that Rick Wakeman used a Polymoog on the album.

My other memory of the same time is of an Arp Odyssey in the same area of the store. There were other synths, too, but I can't remember them.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

...my only constructive criticism so far is that the GUI is tiny. I am using an HD laptop (1920x1080). I can't imagine how small it would be in Bitwig on a 4K Surface Laptop screen!
Gribs

Gribs wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 pm

September in Paris

I remember, as a teen in the late 1970's, gazing at a new Polymoog at The House of Guitars in Rochester, NY and thinking that it looked so cool but was totally unreachable - many times more than a new Gibson ES335 at the time (I bought a 335 a few years later new for $850 with the case). I have been a Yes fan since I was a little kid (thanks to my uncle) and I owned "Going for the One" (still have it on vinyl and CD) and was well aware that Rick Wakeman used a Polymoog on the album.

My other memory of the same time is of an Arp Odyssey in the same area of the store. There were other synths, too, but I can't remember them.
Thanks. Yes a lot of artists used the MemoryMoog indeed. I found a lot of YT videos with keyboardists performing on the original or KB version recently.

Gribs wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 am ...my only constructive criticism so far is that the GUI is tiny. I am using an HD laptop (1920x1080). I can't imagine how small it would be in Bitwig on a 4K Surface Laptop screen!
Did you try the different sizes ? ( Option menu. Need to relaunch the plug after having changed the size)

Lotuzia wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:43 am
Gribs wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 pm

September in Paris

Thanks. Yes a lot of artists used the MemoryMoog indeed. I found a lot of YT videos with keyboardists performing on the original or KB version recently.
You can see Mr. Wakeman using a Polymoog in the "Wonderous Stories" video.

Lotuzia wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:44 am
Gribs wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 am ...my only constructive criticism so far is that the GUI is tiny. I am using an HD laptop (1920x1080). I can't imagine how small it would be in Bitwig on a 4K Surface Laptop screen!
Did you try the different sizes ? ( Option menu. Need to relaunch the plug after having changed the size)
Yes I tried the wider size and it is nicer than the smaller size thank you! I didn't realize I had to close and reopen the plugin. I am just getting old. It is probably the skeuomorphic GUI and my aging eyes. I even use computer glasses (focus adjusted for monitor or laptop distance.
Gribs

Just noticed that PolyM is up for sale at Plugin Boutique (74 EUR if I remember correctly).
But I believe it's better to support xils by buying in directly from their website. :)

sfd wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:38 am Just noticed that PolyM is up for sale at Plugin Boutique (74 EUR if I remember correctly).
But I believe it's better to support xils by buying in directly from their website. :)
Yes, I always buy directly on devs shops for software instruments. Maybe the reason for that is : I've been asked many times over years to put my soundbanks on various aggregate shops, given a 'very fair' ... 50% going to the vendors. I prefered to stay solo. I certainly missed a lot of sales, but at least, I don't have the feeling to feed these nice people, and, also, most of my soundbanks are not available on the w..z sites.

So I wait for possible discount offers on the devs sites, and even when I buy full price, I don't mind paying sometimes a few additional bucks because I'm sure they go into the right pockets (i.e those of the guys who will support and enhance the plugs I use). This said tbh for someone who absolutely want the PolyM NOW (Xils promo for 1.1 release ended a few weeks ago), the PluginBoutique sale is probably the way to go.

Btw The current sale on Xils site is for the Xils 4 (1.5 release coupled with Black Friday offer -45% off-) (and Xils has a fidelity voucher system comparable to most 3rd party vendors, so I did not make the maths, but the difference is probably smaller than it seems. The other difference beeing that the vouchers are limited to Xils instruments and effects, when on the shops you can buy a different brand with your fidelity points/vouchers etc tbh)

Return to “Instruments”