UVI Falcon vs Synthmaster?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally I now turned away from buying synths and looking more towards spending money on audio fx. I feel I can get more mileage out of effects.

How compares Falcon to Avenger regarding CPU consumption?
Especially, how much voices?
Does falcon produce CPU spikes?
How does performance compare between Windows and macOS ?
How fast opens the GUI under macOS / Windows?
Does it work well under Logic X ?

My main interest is using it to chop up drums.
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

It's hard to compare the two since they are quite different architecturally (despite having some synthesis elements in common). If you compare their common elements (wavetable or granular synthesis) then I'd say they're similar, CPU-wise. I don't see CPU spikes when using Falcon or Avenger. I use it in Windows so I can't speak to Mac.

I would say that if you ONLY want to chop up drums then neither is a good choice. Avenger doesn't have deep sample chopping abilities; and although Falcon has a ton of great sample chopping workflows (& different sample engines, from basic sampling to granular and timestretch), it would be overkill to get Falcon just for that. I love Falcon but if you just want to process samples then there are cheaper solutions out there. (If, on the other hand, you also want a full-featured wavetable + FM + sampling + effects workhorse with the best modulation system of any virtual instrument currently out there, then get Falcon for sure!)

Return to “Instruments”