Diversion can't find presets (Solved)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Arcvidean
KVRist
223 posts since 23 Feb, 2006 from Dematerialising

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 am

I've had Diversion for several years and am currently using 1.41 but suddenly Diversion can't find Presets. I can load them from the load button. I've reinstalled and reinstalled older versions but it makes no difference. I'm on Windows 10. I've contacted Dmitry Sches but somebody here might have an answer to this strange and baffling problem.

Arcvidean
Last edited by Arcvidean on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranoka
KVRist
97 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from UK

Re: Diversion can't find presets

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:07 am

Hey, I have Diversion 1.41 on Windows 10, in FL Studio 20 x64, and I see the presets. Note that you need to select one of the categories in the list, the root folder is empty (Atmo, Bass, Lead etc).

The location of the presets for me are:
C:\Users\[YOUR USER]\Documents\Diversion\Library\Synth Presets
You could check they're there, and maybe move them if they're not.

I used Voidtool's Everything to find the folder by searching one of the preset names (eg. ATMO Air Hole).

ATMO Air Hole, what a preset name :lol:

Arcvidean
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks,
the presets are in the right place, the same as they were when it last worked (which it did until now) There are no preset categories at all, nothing, empty. Like I said when I click the load or save button it takes me right to the correct folder. Something seems to have broken the link with the presets folder even after reinstalling I presume.

Arcvidean.

Ranoka
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:43 am

Do you have any custom presets in the folder? - maybe there's an issue with one of the presets that's causing the problem (corrupt file, or unusual character Diversion's UI can't display etc). Could be worth backing up the Documents/Diversion folder and removing it before re-installing the plugin to make sure it's fresh without any potential issues.

If you've already tried that, I'm not sure what you could try since it was working before. Wonder if maybe a virus scanner or something could be causing an issue?!
Last edited by Ranoka on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcvidean
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks, I'll try what you suggest as I have a large folder of homemade programs.

Arcvidean.

Arcvidean
KVRist

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:45 am

I contacted Dmitry Sches and he suggested the problem could be a library folder in vstplugins confusing Diversion and if there was I should delete it, which I did and it now works. :party: :hug: :tu:

Arcvidean.

Ranoka
KVRist

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:29 am

Nice glad you got it working, and this thread will hopefully help others in your situation in the future. Was the library folder in the same folder the Diversion .dll was in? I always put each plugin in its own folder, but I think Diversion already adds a subfolder itself when installing.
Last edited by Ranoka on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcvidean
KVRist

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 am

Yes it was in the same folder as the Diversion dll. I always thought it was something to do with Diversion FX CM which I also have but apparently not. The odd thing is it's worked fine for so long and then suddenly didn't.

Arcvidean.

Return to “Instruments”