The VST synth IL Harmor..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No I don't think so - you said it Harmor changes to Harmless when you changed presets, I guess that's just the plugins switching to match their respective presets.

Harmor definitely cannot read Harmless presets so there is something else going on.

Synthman2000 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 pm I am trying to understand why I cannot get Harmor to be velocity sensitive. I have clicked the Vel/Vol button in the global section and yet it does not respond to notes that are very much lower in velocity in Cubase's key editor. Anyone got any ideas ?
Vel button doesn't work in VST version. It's a known bug. Velocity mapping is a workaround. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Never heard it, but that's a no anyway. :hihi:

surreal wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:00 pm What is the best sounding vst synth guys?
At the moment ist Dune 3.
But as always its a question of taste so...........this is gone be a looooooooooooooong thread again about the ooooooooooooooooold question :roll: :dog: :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:36 pm No I don't think so - you said it Harmor changes to Harmless when you changed presets, I guess that's just the plugins switching to match their respective presets.
Cool. Yes, that's most likely it, it's closing Harmor and opening Harmless to match the preset. I'd better try and clean those presets out of that folder. :tu:

an-electric-heart wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:12 pm I think you must have some Harmless presets mixed up with your Harmor ones (which I presume you are browsing and loading direct from the FL browser?)
Yes, it's possible I put some Harmless presets I downloaded in the Harmor folder. Funny that it reads them. Is Harmless like Soundgoodizer is to Maximus? Like Harmless is actually Harmor but most of it is locked?
Harmless is a scaled-down version of Harmor. It is one of my favorite one page synths. Very easy to program. I can get a pluck or bass sound out of it in 30 secs.

tony10000 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:12 pm I think you must have some Harmless presets mixed up with your Harmor ones (which I presume you are browsing and loading direct from the FL browser?)
Yes, it's possible I put some Harmless presets I downloaded in the Harmor folder. Funny that it reads them. Is Harmless like Soundgoodizer is to Maximus? Like Harmless is actually Harmor but most of it is locked?
Harmless is a scaled-down version of Harmor. It is one of my favorite one page synths. Very easy to program. I can get a pluck or bass sound out of it in 30 secs.
Indeed!
yzcoruhT

EnGee wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 pm
Synthman2000 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 pm I am trying to understand why I cannot get Harmor to be velocity sensitive. I have clicked the Vel/Vol button in the global section and yet it does not respond to notes that are very much lower in velocity in Cubase's key editor. Anyone got any ideas ?

Here is the manual and there is very little about velocity. In had to make a velocity map curve to pad down the notes I wanted but it was a major fudge to work that out. The pencil tool is rather nightmarish when drawing envelopes.

PS also how do you change the envelope curve break point from linear to exponential using the pencil ?

https://www.malmgren.nl/Harmor.pdf

It sure isn't intuitive !
I don't have a problem in Studio One! I mean I can't hear the very low velocities (but also with other synths!). Have you mapped the velocity to volume? Some presets are not velocity sensitive till you map it to volume:

Harmor Velocity.png

EnGee that will be the one, thanks ! I made my own patch and so it would not have been mapped and yes that is the window I managed to draw something in but that image is helpful thanks.

And I cannot seem to change envelopes to log/expo curves with the pencil. There is a break point in the envelopes but they seem not to be drag-able.

It is not a synth for those who want to just get going, I was trying to make the simplest of sounds and still got bogged down in complications.

I think it has the capacity for the best sounding oscillators I have heard on anything yet, sounds so far have a real "grab out and touch them" quality. None of this phasey/hazy/fakery going on, it has a direct and punchy immediacy to the sound. Trouble is I think the learning curve is going to be long.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robbo wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 am
Vel button doesn't work in VST version. It's a known bug. Velocity mapping is a workaround. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Ok that explains it, thanks for heads up. I have to say given what this synth is, that existing and not being fixed is really poor given its basic nature and importance. Crikey velocity is broke, that is nuts :dog:

what is the best cold cut ever? what is the best pair of blue jeans ever? what is the best pair of sneakers ever? what is the best stick of deoderant ever? what is the best kind of cheese ever? what is the best poem ever? what is the best color ever? what is the best species of ant ever?

Synthman2000 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 am EnGee that will be the one, thanks ! I made my own patch and so it would not have been mapped and yes that is the window I managed to draw something in but that image is helpful thanks.

And I cannot seem to change envelopes to log/expo curves with the pencil. There is a break point in the envelopes but they seem not to be drag-able.

It is not a synth for those who want to just get going, I was trying to make the simplest of sounds and still got bogged down in complications.

I think it has the capacity for the best sounding oscillators I have heard on anything yet, sounds so far have a real "grab out and touch them" quality. None of this phasey/hazy/fakery going on, it has a direct and punchy immediacy to the sound. Trouble is I think the learning curve is going to be long.
Glad that you figured it out.

To be honest I'm not using Harmor fairly enough, but I have passed the 'frustration' stage years ago. It is very flexible synth (and powerful as well). Yes, you need to spend some time with it, but once you know it, you can do wonderful sounds with it.

Now, not sure why you can't make curves with the envelopes. Maybe you keep the pen active? I think you need to click it again so becomes not active and then with the normal arrow pointer, you drag the points to make your curves.

By the way, you need also to 'enable' the envelopes before using them! There are also very powerful options for making your own sequences. It is better IMO to experience with all options and see what you can do with them before you decide to use it actually to make music! Yes, I agree it is not that easy, but it is worth the efforts (I need to remember to use it really!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

overhishead wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 am what is the best cold cut ever? what is the best pair of blue jeans ever? what is the best pair of sneakers ever? what is the best stick of deoderant ever? what is the best kind of cheese ever? what is the best poem ever? what is the best color ever? what is the best species of ant ever?
Question, what kind of bear is best?
That's a ridiculous question.
False. Black bear.

Can all the people adding nothing of value please save their inane contributions.

Thanks Engee, your effort in your responses appreciated.

I have edited the inflammatory title (for here anyway), let's keep it cool and on point.

tony10000 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 am
Well sort of, Harmless came first though and presets are not interchangeable. I think of Harmless more as a prototype for the more advanced Harmor.

Return to “Instruments”