SuperWave

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a heads up, those are available as x64 now :love:

Even the freebie P8. Just had a real nostalgic trance session with it :D

GUI is small as heck, no possibility to turn velocity off, knob might be slightly fiddly sometimes, only 8 voices... But damn it's fun :D

Oh damn! Thanks for the heads up! :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

They are already for a while. But after installing you'll notice that it is wrapped in some kind of custom j-bridge

Unless there are new 64bit versions in the meantime.

But they are made with Synthedit right? Synthedit is 64bit
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I don't care how it's done.. It's x64 and it works so I'm happy :D

Funny what feelings P8 brings.. At the same time it's annoying since there are tons of plugins that work better, but that sound.. Lovely lovely nostalgic sound :hug:

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:22 pm But they are made with Synthedit right? Synthedit is 64bit
From the ReadMe.txt:

"A special thank you to Attila Fustos, Chris Kerry and David Haupt for their contribution
of program modules included in the development of SuperWave synthesizers."

I'm not sure if Fustos, Kerry, and Haupt have updated their modules to 64 bit so that may explain the need for the custom J-Bridge.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

they havent publically, so its prob a bridge, unless they privately updated them specially, which is unlikely.... so no idea really :hihi:

I just installed the 32 bit version on this system for nostalgia and to avoid the bridge. It was actually SuperWave P8 that set up my lifelong mistrust of all things Synth Edit. When it was first released I spent a pretty lengthy session creating patches. When I went back to check the fruits of my labor none of the patches would reload....not one of them. So ever since then I've had this subconscious hatred of S.E. plugins. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:52 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:22 pm But they are made with Synthedit right? Synthedit is 64bit
From the ReadMe.txt:

"A special thank you to Attila Fustos, Chris Kerry and David Haupt for their contribution
of program modules included in the development of SuperWave synthesizers."

I'm not sure if Fustos, Kerry, and Haupt have updated their modules to 64 bit so that may explain the need for the custom J-Bridge.
I guess its a custom bridge then. Or maybe they are using Kerry's CK engine?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:11 pm I don't care how it's done.. It's x64 and it works so I'm happy :D

Funny what feelings P8 brings.. At the same time it's annoying since there are tons of plugins that work better, but that sound.. Lovely lovely nostalgic sound :hug:
Time to run the P8 through some ampsims and effects.
One of the best sounding synths ever! Thanks for
sharing the news!
Cheers

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:35 pm I just installed the 32 bit version on this system for nostalgia and to avoid the bridge. It was actually SuperWave P8 that set up my lifelong mistrust of all things Synth Edit. When it was first released I spent a pretty lengthy session creating patches. When I went back to check the fruits of my labor none of the patches would reload....not one of them. So ever since then I've had this subconscious hatred of S.E. plugins. :lol:
That is annoying (reminds me of lost forum posts on KVR :hihi: ), but it's strange, SuperWave uses the standard SE patch manager, which worked flawlessly when I still used SuperWave stuff...

I have fond memories of the Professional and its sibling, but the sound quality is just not up-to-date now. I remember odd sound artifacts on very low notes for instance.

I could still use the sample-based drum modules, though...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 pm but the sound quality is just not up-to-date now. I remember odd sound artifacts on very low notes for instance.
Exactly.. That "classic" sound ;)

Hehe, I can live without that sound, frankly.

My good memories have to do with the fact that SuperWave stuff were the first plugins I used with that whole computer music merda...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 pm That is annoying (reminds me of lost forum posts on KVR :hihi: ), but it's strange, SuperWave uses the standard SE patch manager, which worked flawlessly when I still used SuperWave stuff...
Remember that was a very early version....14 years ago. :wink:

Wow, 14 years, that thing is even older than Sylenth1 :hihi: It must be one of the oldest plugins still available...

Found a thread from January 2005, back then the P8 was already version 1.6.

Return to “Instruments”