REAKTOR6

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
925 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:34 am

Hi. I am new to Reaktor6 and have looked at some tutorials with the blocks in Youtube and recreated them. My problem is that I can not play this. As soon as I've wired everything and press a button I only hear a continuous tone. I have an Envelopeblock installed but it does not work.
When I load finished instruments everything is fine.
Does anyone have a solution? :(

User avatar
dave dove
KVRian
902 posts since 31 Aug, 2007 from wales

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:20 am

hey
either post a pic or pm me
envelope needs to control a vca or something unusual...

dave
Last edited by dave dove on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is Now and Not Now
Website Reaktor MaxForLive Facebook Youtube

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8394 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:30 am

I think you are missing something like Note In (a module that receives MIDI and converts it in Pitch signal and Gate signal). This is common in modular synths. You have to connect the Note In module Pitch Output to the Pitch Input in the Oscillator, and connects the Gate Output to the Gate Input in the Envelope.
Fernando (FMR)

felis
KVRist
410 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:04 am

If you haven't done it yet, following the tutorial in pages 35 to 51 in this manual will get you going:

https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... 015_11.pdf

Stefken
KVRian
830 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:06 am

fmr wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:30 am
I think you are missing something like Note In (a module that receives MIDI and converts it in Pitch signal and Gate signal). This is common in modular synths. You have to connect the Note In module Pitch Output to the Pitch Input in the Oscillator, and connects the Gate Output to the Gate Input in the Envelope.
+1

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
925 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 am

I have created a simple instrument here as specified by a tutorial on Youtube. Here I have only a continuous tone.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk8vp5pg8dyxe ... 1.jpg?dl=0

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
925 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:47 am

felis wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:04 am
If you haven't done it yet, following the tutorial in pages 35 to 51 in this manual will get you going:

https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... 015_11.pdf
It works like this. Not with the blocks. see my screenshot

Whywhy
KVRist
253 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 am

Hi Pietw,

Could you, please, make a screenshot, a simple image is more easy to analyze for people who aren't in front of their computer.

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
925 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:21 am

Whywhy wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 am
Hi Pietw,

Could you, please, make a screenshot, a simple image is more easy to analyze for people who aren't in front of their computer.
I already posted.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14547 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 am

Here's his screen print guys.

Image

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
925 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:34 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 am
Here's his screen print guys.

Image
Thank you. :D :tu:

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14547 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:35 am

PietW. wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:34 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:28 am
Here's his screen print guys.

Image
Thank you. :D :tu:
I can't really tell what's wrong from looking at it. I'd have to try to put it together myself. It could very well be a DAW/Reaktor bug of some kind. Right now, have no way of knowing what the problem is.

User avatar
ere2learn
KVRAF
1593 posts since 3 May, 2014

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:39 am

OP you need to mod the vca some more,up to max

Image

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8394 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 am

ere2learn wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:39 am
OP you need to mod the vca some more,up to max

Image
That's it :-)

You have to put VCA Level at 0, and then click on A, which makes the modulation bar to appear. You then raise the modulation to the max. This way, the Envelope will modulate (control) the Level with a modulation amount of 100%. You can control the volume level with the Gain pot.

To get Velocity to also modulate Amplitude, connect a wire from Velocity from Note In to Mod A of the Envelope, and then click on VEL in the Envelope to light it.
Last edited by fmr on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

waiting man
KVRAF
2610 posts since 30 Aug, 2001 from where dinosaurs are still alive

Re: REAKTOR6

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:19 am

fmr wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 am
ere2learn wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:39 am
OP you need to mod the vca some more,up to max

Image
That's it :-)

You have to put VCA Level at 0, and then click on A, which makes the modulation bar to appear. You then raise the modulation to the max. This way, the Envelope will modulate (control) the Level with a modulation amount of 100%. You can control the volume level with the Gain pot.

To get Velocity to also modulate Amplitude, connect a wire from Velocity from Note In to Mod A of the Enverlope, and then click on VEL in the Envelope to light it.
First thing to do on any fresh block patch.

Return to “Instruments”