LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Whywhy
KVRist
171 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 am

+1 for mpe !

Stefken
KVRian
590 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:24 am

I enjoy the demo. A nice concept but too much of a niche sound for me too part with 100 euro's.

Also needs an fx section.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRian
921 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:44 am

What does west coast mean with regards to electronic sound?

Examigan
KVRAF
4366 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 am

Stefken wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:24 am
I enjoy the demo. A nice concept but too much of a niche sound for me too part with 100 euro's.

Also needs an fx section.
I can get along without FX, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a basic delay and/or reverb.

User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRian
500 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:33 am

Vortifex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:44 am
What does west coast mean with regards to electronic sound?
Don Buchla = West coast
Bob Moog = East coast

Basically.

"West coast" synthesis usually relies more on adding more harmonics to a simple signal like a sine wave via phase distortion, phase modulation, waveshaping etc, instead of the usual "east coast" subtractive method of removing harmonics from a signal via a filter.

Stefken
KVRian
590 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:42 am

Examigan wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 am
Stefken wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:24 am
I enjoy the demo. A nice concept but too much of a niche sound for me too part with 100 euro's.

Also needs an fx section.
I can get along without FX, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a basic delay and/or reverb.
IMO the sound benefits a lot from processing, so FX would make this a lot more complete a synth.
Sure, you can work with insert FX but you cannot integrate that into a preset.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRian
921 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:31 am

Delta Sign wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:33 am
Vortifex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:44 am
What does west coast mean with regards to electronic sound?
Don Buchla = West coast
Bob Moog = East coast

Basically.

"West coast" synthesis usually relies more on adding more harmonics to a simple signal like a sine wave via phase distortion, phase modulation, waveshaping etc, instead of the usual "east coast" subtractive method of removing harmonics from a signal via a filter.
I see, thank you :tu:

I watched some of the Deadmau5 stream where he used this synth and I thought it sounded pretty nice. Will definitely demo later.

User avatar
Markku
KVRist
287 posts since 3 Mar, 2014

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Very interesting sound, especially growling basses and leads! Also, with extra effects, I managed to have electric guitar sound...

Bought! :D

ZeePok
KVRian
1096 posts since 22 Aug, 2004 from Edge City, the Low Country

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm

 
I think I have a Cadmium deficiency! :hihi:

Tried the Demo and it 'poof!' crashes Reaper, crashes Mulab and in VSTHost no picture or sound, with a long list of exceptions! :(

Windows 7, 32-bit, 4 Gb, AMD Radeon HD 6700

User avatar
wrl
KVRer
26 posts since 12 Aug, 2011

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:39 pm

ZeePok wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm
 
I think I have a Cadmium deficiency! :hihi:

Tried the Demo and it 'poof!' crashes Reaper, crashes Mulab and in VSTHost no picture or sound, with a long list of exceptions! :(

Windows 7, 32-bit, 4 Gb, AMD Radeon HD 6700
Whoa! Does the crash happen immediately when adding Cadmium, or does it happen when opening the UI?
owner/operator LHI Audio

ZeePok
KVRian
1096 posts since 22 Aug, 2004 from Edge City, the Low Country

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:49 pm

 
Reaper and Mulab crash after adding the plugin, but they always automatically open the GUI. VSTHost didn't crash. It's 'info' window said it stopped processing the plugin and showed a long list of exceptions.

User avatar
wrl
KVRer
26 posts since 12 Aug, 2011

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Alright, I'll see if I can reproduce. If possible, could you send the list of exceptions that VSTHost produces to support@lhiaudio.com?
owner/operator LHI Audio

ZeePok
KVRian
1096 posts since 22 Aug, 2004 from Edge City, the Low Country

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:25 pm

 
Will do! :)

User avatar
wrl
KVRer
26 posts since 12 Aug, 2011

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Hey all, just released 1.0.2. This is a small bug-fix release covering a few small issues:
  • Fixed knobs improperly signalling edit state to the host. This would manifest in cases like double-clicking to reset a parameter and the host not highlighting the parameter in question.
  • Fixed radiobars (like "filter type" or "polyphony mode") not signalling edit state to the host. This led to hosts not highlighting these parameters as they were edited in the UI.
  • A few new patches from Fen and b.trx!
  • Windows fixes:
    • Fixed "disappearing" parts of the UI with AMD GPUs.
      Thanks to Joshua Wade and Starthief for reporting!
Demo download links have been updated, and those with a license should re-download Cadmium from their purchase confirmation email.

Onto AU support and CPU reduction now :)
owner/operator LHI Audio

perpetual3
KVRist
420 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Right after Creative Intent Tantrum introduces me to phase distortion...Cadmium.

While the price does not per se, put me off, the price plus the fact that it’s the first product from a new, unproven company kind of does make me hesitant. I’ll have to demo against Bazille in any case.

Is that an intro price?

Return to “Instruments”