Will VST3 be enforced and make my abandonware useless?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JunSev wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:55 pm Maybe is just what it is, if some of it report in the installation process it is VST and some of it VST2 I guess is the way I should say what is exactly; if doesn't say VST1, I don't say VST1, I have to call it as how it shows: VST. with all respect.
Maybe you don't care about the technical specifics, and that's fine. Fact remains, there's no such thing as "versionless plain VST" in the context of VST interface specification.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology
A dog is a dog, even if it doesn't carry a label saying "Hi, I'm a dog". :D

T-CM11 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:07 pm
JunSev wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:55 pm Maybe is just what it is, if some of it report in the installation process it is VST and some of it VST2 I guess is the way I should say what is exactly; if doesn't say VST1, I don't say VST1, I have to call it as how it shows: VST. with all respect.
Maybe you don't care about the technical specifics, and that's fine. Fact remains, there's no such thing as "versionless plain VST" in the context of VST interface specification.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology
A dog is a dog, even if it doesn't carry a label saying "Hi, I'm a dog". :D
Not exactly T-CM11, I didn't wanted to imply that is versionless, what I was trying to say is that some of the softwares shows just VST, or VST2, sometimes VST3 and in that way during installation and in the DAW.

By the way, if you recognize a wide variety of brands and it doesn't say the specific number of the model, perhaps you only can do mention of the brand and its name, unless you know what version is in different cases. just a response to your analogies.

JunSev wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 pm Not exactly T-CM11, I didn't wanted to imply that is versionless, what I was trying to say is that some of the softwares shows just VST, or VST2, sometimes VST3 and in that way during installation and in the DAW.

By the way, if you recognize a wide variety of brands and it doesn't say the specific number of the model, perhaps you only can do mention of the brand and its name, unless you know what version is in different cases. just a response to your analogies.
Sure, but this is a topic about the VST specification version; not about what is written on the interface or website. I don't know what DAW you use, but Cubase can tell you exactly which VST version your plugin is.
Anyway, VST1 effects are ancient and few (non-Steinberg ones) were made. Most plugins since the 90s are VST2, some are both 2/3 (usually made clear at installation) and very few are VST3 only.

T-CM11 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:45 pm
JunSev wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:16 pm Not exactly T-CM11, I didn't wanted to imply that is versionless, what I was trying to say is that some of the softwares shows just VST, or VST2, sometimes VST3 and in that way during installation and in the DAW.

Sure, but this is a topic about the VST specification version; not about what is written on the interface or website. I don't know what DAW you use, but Cubase can tell you exactly which VST version your plugin is.
Anyway, VST1 effects are ancient and few (non-Steinberg ones) were made. Most plugins since the 90s are VST2, some are both 2/3 (usually made clear at installation) and very few are VST3 only.
Yeah ok T-CM11, we where talking about what the installation of some softwares shows me what it is, and that is it, doesn't say VST1 or VST2, just VST, some softwares really just says as I said and is the only thing I could specify as if there is a difference or not between VST and VST2, I don't know; but all good T-CM11, Good day...

Return to “Instruments”