Humanoid Sound Systems (Enzyme et al) RIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sinthoid wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:23 am They should release or sell the source for enzyme, so it could live on as a modern plugin/series of plugins.
+1

Russell Grand wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Sinthoid wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:23 am They should release or sell the source for enzyme, so it could live on as a modern plugin/series of plugins.
+1
Please!

They should give us enzyme for free. Can I get a get a +1?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Reminds me of the time I argued with a cow why everyone should get free hamburgers whenever someone wanted one.

There is a free version of Scanned Synth Mini available. I believe it's on the Vst Planet website.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

There is a free player version of Ezyme. Not sure about the other. Just checked. Yep! You're right.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

mutantdog wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:53 am I got the email too. Last time i interacted with them they said there were future plans for Enzyme fixing compatibility issues. I guess these won't happen now.

I believe the devs joined Apple as part of the CamelAudio team so maybe this will resurface in some form as part of Logic in the future.
Seems like if you work for Apple you're not allowed to have a side business, I guess it would be a conflict of interest - don't want the potential to be accused of using company IP on your own product, or holding back features to use on you own product etc. Probably why they're completely shutting shop and removing the products and support - similarly to Camel Audio?

Maybe there's plans for using the Enzyme tech in a Logic Pro synth.

Even though there's no discount, I'm considering getting Enzyme and Scanned Synth 2 otherwise I'll probably regret not getting them. Shame because I was keeping an eye on them waiting for an update or sale or something.

There was an Enzyme license ip in the market a few days ago.

Get mine! 😊
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

:shrug: If they weren't closing their doors, I wouldn't be wishing for Enzyme to be released
for free...but since they're closing up shop anyway, I don't see the issue with hoping Humanoid SS offers up Enzyme to anyone and everyone who wants it. Besides, I purchased Scanned Synth Pro way back in the day, so it's not like I'm one them f*ckers who only asks for handouts. :hihi:

If they've been hired by Apple (or whoever) maybe they have done a deal to use the tech? In that case it would be unlikely they'll release the source or HSS products for free. And even if that's not an issue, there's work involved with open sourcing stuff, and they might not have the energy/time/desire to sort that stuff out. I'm not sure if they're using any licensed tech, they probably can't just release the source as is.

In case anyone is interested you can increase the amount of presets in Enzyme Player by doing the following:

"Purchase" both demo and Player versions of Enzyme for free from the website. You will receive a confirmation email and a license key for Player. Pick up a copy of Computer Music from within the last few years.

Install the demo.
Install the CM version into the same location (this will overwrite the demo)
Install the Player version into the same location (this will overwrite the CM version)

Activate Player with your license key and you will have a total of 166 presets at your disposal.

Player and CM are mostly the same except Player is newer (v1.0.62 vs v1.0.43) and has a few minor improvements such as preset tagging.

We have received some interest in purchasing the rights and source code to Enzyme and Scanned Synth Pro. We are seriously considering this option and would be interested to know whether there are any more people who would like to make an offer for these two modern classics of software synthesis. Please contact us via the Support page on the company website.

Thank you to all who have supported us along the way and for the kind words regarding our future.

Good luck. It will be cool to see Enzyme evolve.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

It would indeed be great to see Humanoid's synths find a new home and continue, both for the community of musicians who dig them, and for you to know your babies live on.

Hope it goes well :)

I saw that posted on the FB page, that's an exciting development! I hope this means it's not the end of the road for Scanned Synth Pro and Enzyme!

Return to “Instruments”