Inear Display Lancinantes: drone synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Just seen this pass by. Thought some of you into ambient, pads and drone music might find this interesting:

''Lancinantes is a drone synthesizer plugin : having no amplitude control envelope its oscillators are freely running, generating a constant sound. Three special additive oscillators are layered, allowing the creation of chords that can be conformed to a melodic scale.

The oscillators are built around harmonic combinations where each partial has a random amplitude modulation applied to create perpetual subtle variations. New sets of harmonics can manually be regenerated at will.

A mixer section allows you to adjust individual oscillators levels as well as the amplitudes of a sub oscillator and a white noise generator. The mixer output then goes through a resonant filter, an overdrive, a delay, and a reverb to further shape the sound.

Most of the settings can be set to random values thanks to a versatile randomizer section.

Of course, the real fun starts when you automate the controls and run Lancinantes through your favorite effects...''

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/lancinantes/

Cool. Thanks for the tip.

The only 2 audio demos are short and combine other effects. I wish there were some raw dry audio demos to really hear the synth itself and a video too, to see what's going on since there's no hands-on demo of the plugin.

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm The only 2 audio demos are short and combine other effects. I wish there were some raw dry audio demos to really hear the synth itself and a video too, to see what's going on since there's no hands-on demo of the plugin.
:D

ZeePok wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:10 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm The only 2 audio demos are short and combine other effects. I wish there were some raw dry audio demos to really hear the synth itself and a video too, to see what's going on since there's no hands-on demo of the plugin.
:D
Wow I am sooooo blind! :lol:

or I could blame it on not having my morning coffee before checking my emails. Either way thanks alot for the correction ZeePok :tu:

Looking forward to try it...

Found this video, sounds great but latter I noticed that there is a reverb after it in the chain (still cool):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlNKpUpdg4s

Beautiful

Insta-buy :tu:

pekbro wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:55 am Insta-buy :tu:
Same here. I love plugins geared towards ambient/atmospheric/etc. Hard to beat that price, too!

Yesterday I went out for lunch and left my Lancinantes Drone Synth playing. I returned about 3 hours later, and I think the plugin had a pretty good time! (but now I can't get my cat out from under the bed)

Bought this and love it. Other than Reaktor are there any other VSTs that are similar to this? Thanks

MPowersynth can do pretty much the same. Except that you can control pitch, gate, etc... Just switch to additive oscillator and hook partials to lfo, envelope, follower, macro and automate.. And use some insane built in multiband FX over it :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am MPowersynth can do pretty much the same. Except that you can control pitch, gate, etc... Just switch to additive oscillator and hook partials to lfo, envelope, follower, macro and automate.. And use some insane built in multiband FX over it :tu:
Great tip... Never tried that with MPowersynth! Thanks

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am MPowersynth can do pretty much the same. Except that you can control pitch, gate, etc... Just switch to additive oscillator and hook partials to lfo, envelope, follower, macro and automate.. And use some insane built in multiband FX over it :tu:
(non-sale) price on that is 200e though, while the regular price of Lancinantes is 39e, so I don't think it's really comparable :D

Yeah. Already own MPowersynth so that's cool.

Return to “Instruments”