Arturia - Black Friday 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, the free Synclavier update was nice. But the upgrade price from 5 to 6 for 249 euro is just too much.

The 99 euro price is much better. But after a year waiting for a good upgrade price I wonder if I need it. I’ve got a lot of fm synths and samplers and Softube Modular can give me the Buchla sound.

I was on the fence but ... I went for it and think this is a really great update from 5 to 6 at a very nice price.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

99€ is a good deal. But I would at first demo the plugins (Synclavier, DX7, Easel,..) and then make the decision if you really need this to make great new tracks.

kiezum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:39 am Yeah, the free Synclavier update was nice. But the upgrade price from 5 to 6 for 249 euro is just too much.

The 99 euro price is much better. But after a year waiting for a good upgrade price I wonder if I need it. I’ve got a lot of fm synths and samplers and Softube Modular can give me the Buchla sound.
The Softube modular PLUS the Buchla oscillator alone will cost you more than $99 already :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

is it also available on retail stores like audiodeluxe and jrr ?

sacer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:10 am is it also available on retail stores like audiodeluxe and jrr ?
I don't see the upgrade option, so I'm not sure if that works with them or not. Might have to get that directly from Arturia:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/vi ... llection-6

https://www.jrrshop.com/arturia-v-collection

Oh ... actually ... I went from v4 to v6 for the nice upgrade price. No wonder I think it's such a great deal. :) I still have Spark 2 from v4 as well, so that's good, since it's not included in v6. The fact that I got a new computer this year has made an enormous difference to my Arturia experience as well. All in all ... I'm actually very happy with this investment.

I called this over a year ago. :lol:

Capitalism over integrity every time. ;) Wonder how Arturia is going to spin this.

And since I'd be getting one hell of a deal going from v. 4 to v. 6 as well, I think I'm gonna hafta get in it. 8)
A well-behaved signature.

:)

menthol wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:52 pm My gratitude for the lower price WAY exceeds my cynicism about their previous misstatement. Thank you, Arturia!
+1, no-brainer for me. Thanks (finally) Arturia! :)

0degree wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm Wondering if v7 is around the corner too...Any rumors?
They seem to be on an 18 month release cycle. So v7 will probably appear May/June 2019.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:51 pm
0degree wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm Wondering if v7 is around the corner too...Any rumors?
They seem to be on an 18 month release cycle. So v7 will probably appear May/June 2019.
Yeah, that’s what I was expecting more or less. Anyway for 99 it’s a no brainer :party:

So four new instrument plus an update to a better version of Piano V, all for £92 updating from V Collection 5 to 6.
However, the total of buying the collections since version 3, comes to about the same price as the entire legacy collection at full price, as I got the collection and updates all at their lowest sale prices.

So I haven't really gained anything at all, other than several years usage of the older instruments. I really can't complain, other than having to wait so long to get the update at the cheapest price. It still seems that long term loyal customers are punished in having to wait a year or more to get the equivalent priced update.

If they would just give the update at a sensible price when their new collection releases, then I don't think long term customers would feel cheated or punished. But hey, it's up to Arturia.
<List your stupid gear here>

kiezum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:39 am Yeah, the free Synclavier update was nice. But the upgrade price from 5 to 6 for 249 euro is just too much.

The 99 euro price is much better.....
LESS IS ALWAYS BETTER.
:)

4damind wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:44 am 99€ is a good deal. But I would at first demo the plugins (Synclavier, DX7, Easel,..) and then make the decision if you really need this to make great new tracks.
Honestly. the main things are the DX7 and the Fairlight, I lusted after the Fairlight when I was a kid.
To a degree, just being able to mess around with a similar thing is pretty fun. Besides I have a something old, something new, something bold, something blue, take on songwriting, so pairing the Fairlight and Synclavier with the MPC2, Cypher 2 and Falcon makes sense to me. 8)

Return to “Instruments”