Arturia - Black Friday 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:35 pm
BMoore wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:33 pm I thought Omnispheres wavetables were modeled, not samples.
They are.

But why let facts get in the way of a good misguided argument.
And the mumbo jumbo keeps flowing :roll:
You mentioned wavetables as if they were supposed to be samples to a post about Omnisphere and VA.
So yes, mumbo jumbo, from you.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Glad I tried the demos of the buchla and dx7. I did not care for them all that much, but then again, I'm not a fan of FM or modulars, so not worth the upgrade for me. I'll see what they come up with next year.

BMoore wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:31 am You mentioned wavetables as if they were supposed to be samples to a post about Omnisphere and VA.
"as if" you don't understand the meaning of "kind of"... :roll:

So yes, mumbo-jumbo is good for those who don't understand what they are reading. They see the magical word "modeling" and that's enough for them. Nowadays, to sell something it's enough to say it's "modeled" :hihi:

https://youtu.be/OQIYEPe6DWY?t=32
Fernando (FMR)

And your proof/evidence that it isn't modeled but "kind of sampled" is.......?
Both Serum and Hive and probably others can synthesize wavetables, what you know that we dont' know that Omnisphere isn't?
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

Last week I went to an electronics festival. They had a real physical buchla. I asked how would it compare to the Arturia one. The speaker replied about 90% but the whole point is to have a physical instrument. Then someone asked him how much it cost: he replied 20000 bucks for the physical real buchla on the table.

OMG. A real buchla costs more than an ok car.

fmr wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am
BMoore wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:31 am You mentioned wavetables as if they were supposed to be samples to a post about Omnisphere and VA.
"as if" you don't understand the meaning of "kind of"... :roll:

So yes, mumbo-jumbo is good for those who don't understand what they are reading. They see the magical word "modeling" and that's enough for them. Nowadays, to sell something it's enough to say it's "modeled" :hihi:
Ah. You're an idiot. Thanks for the clarification.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm Ah. You're an idiot. Thanks for the clarification.
Illiterates usually use the insult as an argument :phones:
Fernando (FMR)

I would say this update, or the four new instruments, improved Piano and improvement to Synclavier is the best update so far to the collection. I'm very impressed with DX 7's workflow and features, and the sound is the spirit of the original if not always identical. It will be interesting in what Arturia has next up their sleeve for version 7.
<List your stupid gear here>

fmr wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 pm
BMoore wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 pm Ah. You're an idiot. Thanks for the clarification.
Illiterates usually use the insult as an argument :phones:
You’ve made no clarification on what you really mean in the last two posts, so my claim is legit.

fmr and BMoore, stop the personal attacks, please and thank you.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:04 pm fmr and BMoore, stop the personal attacks, please and thank you.
+1

I sprung for the V6 collection.

It was the pianos that convinced me.

Besides sounding great, and being totally tweakable, they load in seconds.

After getting frustrated with all the "take forever to load" Kontakt pianos and their limited tweakability, V6 pianos are like a breath of fresh air.

And I got 20 synths thrown into the bargain.

I had been considering IKM's Syntronik, but again, sample based, which means everything takes forever, especially if I have to unexpectedly reboot my daw, which takes 10 minutes when there's a bunch of Kontakt samples to load in the tune.

They average 1gb per instrument.

V happy. Got alot for my money - half price :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Instruments”