Refx nexus - legacy expansions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Refx now have certain expansions at a cheaper price, and they're labelled as legacy. It's not simply the 10 oldest expansions, so that makes me wonder whether support for these 'legacy' titles will be dropped in the near future, maybe for the release of nexus 3?

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Huh, that is interesting. I'd assume they will eventually pull those expansions at some point. I know they've pulled sample packs because of lack of sales. Maybe this is a way for them to not completely pull them and see if they can sell them at a steeper discount. Either way, glad they lowered the price on them.

And another 10 have just been classed as legacy. Refx finally getting a bit more realistic with their prices, I just hope it's not a sign of those titles being dropped for a new version of nexus 3.

Due to Manuel's post in here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=512718&p=7236235#p7236235,
something is coming! :phones:
reFX is fine :roll: there is a new XP every month. There was no XP release in Oct to prepare multiple XPs coming out at once in Dec / xmas... and currently there is a record BF sale.
furthermore: there is something new in development and this will be a big thing.

groovyomega wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:29 am Due to Manuel's post in here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=512718&p=7236235#p7236235,
something is coming! :phones:
reFX is fine :roll: there is a new XP every month. There was no XP release in Oct to prepare multiple XPs coming out at once in Dec / xmas... and currently there is a record BF sale.
furthermore: there is something new in development and this will be a big thing.
Just saw this - awesome. Glad they are doing great, and looking forward to their next release.

no those expansions wont be "dropped". They are simply just cheaper because either of their age, their customer saturation or their range, because they serve only a small niche genre

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:26 pm no those expansions wont be "dropped". They are simply just cheaper because either of their age, their customer saturation or their range, because they serve only a small niche genre
Oh, ok thanks for the info! I only said that as there have been sample packs dropped because of low sales according to refx support. I had been looking for the older "Essential Clubsounds" volumes which are not available any more.

I also made the assumption as it seems there are expansions that are no longer available as well, such as total pianos.

Either way, I love refx products and happy to see some cheaper deals. I love the old school stuff myself.

*just realized you weren't responding to me, but I said pretty much the same thing.

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:26 pm no those expansions wont be "dropped". They are simply just cheaper because either of their age, their customer saturation or their range, because they serve only a small niche genre
Hi Manuel. Great news, there's some amazing sounds in those expansions, so I'd hate to lose them :tu:

Looks like they added some more expansions to the legacy collection today. Lots more to choose from! And all still discounted even further for the xmas sale. So 19.99 per legacy expansion.

Wonder if there will be an advent calendar this year. :)

commodore wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 am Looks like they added some more expansions to the legacy collection today. Lots more to choose from! And all still discounted even further for the xmas sale. So 19.99 per legacy expansion.

Wonder if there will be an advent calendar this year. :)
There is an advent calendar https://refx.com/advent/

Y'know what I think's coming? A subscription service, hence getting as many last minute sales in as they can. Most probably released at the same time as a load of new content, and an improved browser. The browser might be similar to Toontracks system, where you can browse all sounds and buy or download what you need.

I love speculating :P

Does it mean for Nexus, or another product?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Good to hear not dropped, and yes seems old trance flavored niche in the offerings.
I understand that you can't reveal much of what's coming,
but can you give me a timing, say end of dec, or start-jan, mid-jan etc.
I'd really appreciate that :tu: thnx in advance.
m-ac wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm There is an advent calendar <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://refx.com/advent</span>/

Y'know what I think's coming? A subscription service, hence getting as many last minute sales in as they can. Most probably released at the same time as a load of new content, and an improved browser. The browser might be similar to Toontracks system, where you can browse all sounds and buy or download what you need.

I love speculating :P
Cheers for the advent calender link :tu: I'll keep an eye on that.
Speculating? :) Refx has a long legacy on speculations :hihi:

But I'll share some facts from my side.
If it's Nexus 3? I'm interested
If it's Vanguard2 or resale Vanguard1? would be very interesting to see
Subscription service on all expansions? am not at all interested.

From a marketing perspective, I've noticed quite a few things.
Since synthwave 80s & 90s synths are on trend in a big way,
I've seen people on the net form longer lines requesting to get vanguard,
than to get more nexus expansions ...just saying :D
Also hardware synths sales/manufacturing been going up (behringer, IK multimedia UNO etc.)
alongside sawtooth jp8000 based vst's in community (ex. deducktion runner up in kvr.dev.challenge)
& wavetable synths by rolandcloud, steinberg & even FM synth from Waves just this past week.

From that marketing standpoint a nexus3, vanguard2 or resale will meet that market head on,
And they'll make a shitload ...I mean have success :hihi:
As so far they've stayed afloat releasing expansions, 80s Synthwave expansion notable quite recently.
Refx needs radical offerings or synth innovations to grow again, subscription service will keep them slow paced.

Will see what refx does, and how the company is being managed this time.
I must admit, sometimes I imagine how I would manage if I had a company such as refx :D

Yes, I think we’ll see ReFx Cloud, maybe as soon as early next year, along with Nexus 3, but to run alongside the current model, not replace. Since Nexus genuinely is a preset machine, a proper tag browser must be all but certain. One other feature I’d love is a proper mixer to control the balance in the layers, even better if it can route to multiple outputs. Oh, and then a proper UI bigger than a postage stamp. Final dream feature - switch to Avenger’s authorisation system.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 ama proper tag browser must be all but certain. One other feature I’d love is a proper mixer to control the balance in the layers, even better if it can route to multiple outputs. Oh, and then a proper UI bigger than a postage stamp.
This!

My biggest desire for Nexus2 is the ability to mix layers from different patches, which I suspect won't happen, or isn't possible, but I would LOVE it if it did!

And then if we could import our own sounds, even if only one (which would make the above possible, with a little effort) it would be heaven!

If a little more modulation of layers and patches was possible, I wouldn't complain a bit.

And any of these new features would drastically increase my expansion buys, because the system would be much more inline with my needs!

Just dreaming out loud...

Return to “Instruments”