Dune 3! Who Knows Things I Don't?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 pm I'd much rather see Synapse do something with the .szf Oscillator in Zampler. Multiple layers like Dune with similar FX, Matrix, and editing would yield some amazing sounds (when fed with sample content of sufficient quality).

I have zero interest in a P600 emulation. It probably wouldn't take me very long to warm up to an OB emu but it wouldn't be my first choice since my cup runneth over with VA's....... :shrug:
I wouldnt mind if Zampler would be working at all, it just crashes after few minutes.

Zampler is old, from 2012 it seems.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm Zampler is old, from 2012 it seems.

indeed, its basically Dune V1 with a sample osc

Yet Beat Mag releases sample packs for it, i think for that reason alone Zampler should be fixed.

So is he going to announce a release date, or just slap it on the table in front of everyone?

:o

Remember: Developers and release dates are like fire and water.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm Yet Beat Mag releases sample packs for it, i think for that reason alone Zampler should be fixed.

works fine here, what exactly is the problem?
have you informed Beat Magazine?

prophet 600 was another one of my all time favorite boards and a synapse 600 would probably be an instant buy tbh. thanks for the information guys.

Is there grace period for new Dune 2 buyers?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I'm guessing Dune 3 will be VST 3 format, which might be the reason it is taking so long to code. Since Steinberg is no longer developing, or supporting VST 2.

Actually, I think that's one of the reasons that many other developers have not been releasing new VST Synths, since it requires they get familiar with coding for VST 3 format, which takes a good chunk of time.

Looking forward to Dune 3, whenever it's ready, and hopefully many other interesting VST Synth will begin showing up next year.

AnX wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm Yet Beat Mag releases sample packs for it, i think for that reason alone Zampler should be fixed.

works fine here, what exactly is the problem?
have you informed Beat Magazine?
It crashes after few minutes of use. No i didnt, tbh i did not bother to do that because i had really bad expierience with Beat.De when it comes staff handling theyr customers who dont speak german and they dont have support as support for plugins.

Edit: i did mention this to Richard, but yeah apearently Zampler is not made by Synapse.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muziksculp wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:20 am I'm guessing Dune 3 will be VST 3 format, which might be the reason it is taking so long to code. Since Steinberg is no longer developing, or supporting VST 2.

Actually, I think that's one of the reasons that many other developers have not been releasing new VST Synths, since it requires they get familiar with coding for VST 3 format, which takes a good chunk of time.
They all still should have licenses to develop VST2, though.

As for Dune 3, I doubt it. All Synapse synths are VST2 only, so, can't see that change suddenly.

vst2.4 and mac and aax

v1o wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:39 am Is there grace period for new Dune 2 buyers?

what does that mean?

Grace period = If you bought Dune 2 today, and Dune 3 is released tomorrow, will you get Dune 3 as a courtesy, because you couldn't know that Dune 3 will be released.

Return to “Instruments”