The good old, what synth? Spire vs Sylenth1 vs ANA2 vs Viper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:31 pm
izonin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:09 pm It's a trance maschine.
So are Hive and VPS Avenger and Dune and.....so on and so forth. :wink:

We can see here how personal opinion can vary so wildly that one person could love Spire and the next person could not like it at all and that holds true for all synths.

Demo,Demo,Demo then choose what's best for you. :tu:
Yes, Dune 2 is another amazing synth! This topic, as I understand it, is about Spire, Sylenth, ANA and Viper, though.
Last edited by izonin on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:35 pm Just wondering, but.. do you listen to, or produce Trance music?
Although I never try to copy any particular genre I like Trance and am fond of "trancy" sounds. Whether what I produce is Trance or even Music is in the ears of the beholder. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Alright. Didn't want to imply something, it's just that I really feel that some synths rather lend themselves to some genre specific sounds. Of course you can do such sounds with other synths well. You can also do a Minimoog with Synth1. It's just that I never felt like it was the same.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:36 pm Slightly off topic but is anyone able to download the Ana 2 demo ? Not able to download here. Stuck with no download speed.

Ana 1 was a pretty unpleasant sounding synth to me but I'd like to try the new version to see if my opinion has changed. I don't need any more synths but I am a sucker for a sale and well.....G.A.S. :lol:
ANA2 is miles better than ANA1.5 soundwise, and I have them both. The only things I don't like about ANA2 are the chorder and arp-functions. They are really unintuitive, at least to me.
Logic Pro X, MacOS Catalina, iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Clarett 8Pre TB, ATH-M50x, DT-880 Pro, Genelec 8040a, Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII
http://www.mavall.se

izonin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:37 pm Yes, Dune 2 is another amazing synth! This thread, as I understand it, is about Spire, Sylenth, ANA and Viper, though.
It's possible the OP has not considered Dune but it certainly belongs on the list. I'm not recommending Dune but I do recommend giving the Demo a spin. With Dune 3 right around the corner it would be a shame to dismiss Dune altogether.

My point being there are a lot of synths one could choose from to make these types of sounds and it's just a matter of which one(s) we find personally pleasing.

I think it's a good idea to ask for recommendations for synths as you might discover one you've never considered before but allowing other people's opinions on the sound of those synths to sway your decision on which one(s) to buy is a mistake....in my opinion of course. :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

aMake wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:45 pm ANA2 is miles better than ANA1.5 soundwise, and I have them both.
That's good news. If I can ever get the Ana 2 demo to download I'll give it a spin. The sales price is attractive. :tu:

The best way is to demo all the synths. What works for someone else might not be what works for you.

Of the four, I have ANA2, Viper and Sylenth1. I've demoed Spire, it sounds good, but I found it mostly overlapped with what I already have. For me, making mostly retrowave, ANA2 works best, followed by Viper and then Sylenth1. I still use Sylenth1 quite a bit, but I feel that feature-wise, it has been surpassed by others, especially for the price.

I don't believe a in categorizing synths based on genres, unless it's a very specialized architecture, tailored specifically for a particular genre (like The Riser or Sonivox Wobble). All four synths are fairly general purpose subtractive/wavetable architectures. Sylenth1 is perhaps the most specialized "supersaw synth", lacking in other features and flexibility.
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:52 pm That's good news. If I can ever get the Ana 2 demo to download I'll give it a spin. The sales price is attractive. :tu:
Good luck! It's well worth trying out!
Logic Pro X, MacOS Catalina, iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Clarett 8Pre TB, ATH-M50x, DT-880 Pro, Genelec 8040a, Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII
http://www.mavall.se

Since Rapid is on sale, consider that too.
<List your stupid gear here>

Just an FYI: Sylenth1 is 25% off for Black Friday. Just about everything is on sale actually. :hihi:

Examigan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:57 pm Just an FYI: Sylenth1 is 25% off for Black Friday. Just about everything is on sale actually. :hihi:
Surely a nice thing for those having an eye on Sylenth1. To be totally honest, I find it's quite a lame deal for a totally overpriced plugin.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:02 pm
Examigan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:57 pm Just an FYI: Sylenth1 is 25% off for Black Friday. Just about everything is on sale actually. :hihi:
Surely a nice thing for those having an eye on Sylenth1. To be totally honest, I find it's quite a lame deal for a totally overpriced plugin.
The regular price of 171 euros incl. VAT is indeed a bit steep. Some cheaper synths sound just as good. Maybe the update promised for months now will improve the sound quality. But it will be about anti-aliasing, I doubt he touches the filter and effects code as such.

aMake wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:01 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:52 pm That's good news. If I can ever get the Ana 2 demo to download I'll give it a spin. The sales price is attractive. :tu:
Good luck! It's well worth trying out!
I finally got the Ana 2 demo to download and the sound is a huge improvement over version one. I like it and a bonus is the ability to edit skins. I started an edit already..... :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The white skin seems fine to me, I wonder why so few plugins have light colors...

Dune 2 is similar to, yet superior to, every synth mentioned in the Subject line.

Return to “Instruments”