Will Dune 3 be finally released or will I have to torture puppies ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm
v1o wrote: The expectations and hype are too much.
The hype sure is.

DUNE3 will be another virtual synthesizer among many, yet its as if something momumental was about to happen, like the studio finally getting electricity or something.

Certainly could be viewed as a bit overdone.
For me, Dune 3 will be something that none of the other synths are.....NEW! I just like new stuff!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:help:

ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm Certainly could be viewed as a bit overdone.
Threatening to torture a lower life form is a bit over the top but the excitement is justified if you love Dune.

I'd be just as excited for Sylenth 2 or Hybrid 4 or....... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

dblock wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:45 pm
ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm
v1o wrote: The expectations and hype are too much.
The hype sure is.

DUNE3 will be another virtual synthesizer among many, yet its as if something momumental was about to happen, like the studio finally getting electricity or something.

Certainly could be viewed as a bit overdone.
For me, Dune 3 will be something that none of the other synths are.....NEW! I just like new stuff!
Sure, we all do.

Its just that i, personally, could never get so 'enthusiastic' about the release of another softsynth because i already have everything i need at my disposal.

(More than that actually, i could probably do away with half of what i have and still be fine.)

ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:07 pm Its just that i, personally, could never get so 'enthusiastic' about the release of another softsynth because i already have everything i need at my disposal.
Then you my friend are not a Synthesizer Aficionado. :wink:

Some of us just love synths to play and program and others just view them as a way to make music. Neither is right or wrong.

I love Synths and have since long before some of you were born. I like playing them and I like making patches and I like using them to make music.

Some guys like classic cars, some like playing golf, I like Synths. We all have our passions.

Do I already have "everything I need" ? Absolutely but did I mention I love synths ? :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
ENV1 wrote: Its just that i, personally, could never get so 'enthusiastic' about the release of another softsynth because i already have everything i need at my disposal.
What...because im not gushing like a Saturn V over the release of a softsynth?

Dont be ridiculous. :D

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 pm Some guys like classic cars, some like playing golf, I like Synths.

Do I already have "everything I need" ? Absolutely but did I mention I love synths ? :lol:
That’s me also :wink:

Hopefully, we will hear something from Richard himself regarding Dune 3’s release date so the trolling can end.

It needs more spice before release....

ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm
Teksonik wrote:
ENV1 wrote: Its just that i, personally, could never get so 'enthusiastic' about the release of another softsynth because i already have everything i need at my disposal.
What...because im not gushing like a Saturn V over the release of a softsynth?
Yes because you're not gushing. A true aficionado would be gushing. :D

Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm It needs more spice before release....
Then with that spice we might get a dark shade of blue as a GUI skin.

Or we need more....
https://youtu.be/mRf3-JkwqfU

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 pm
ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:07 pm Its just that i, personally, could never get so 'enthusiastic' about the release of another softsynth because i already have everything i need at my disposal.

Some of us just love synths to play and program and others just view them as a way to make music. Neither is right or wrong.

I love Synths and have since long before some of you were born. I like playing them and I like making patches and I like using them to make music.

Some guys like classic cars, some like playing golf, I like Synths. We all have our passions.

I understand this passion for synths, but each new synth also has to bring something new in terms of actual synthesis (not just presets and effects). I already have synths with flexible architectures and routing, covering everything from FM and Phase Distortion to Wavetables to Additive to Subtractive. "Having everything you need" means you can create any type of sound, even something from a synth you don't own, by using what you have.
So I find it hard to get excited about a new synth unless it lets me do something new and unique that I can't do with a combination of the synths I already own. To be fair, Dune 3 might be just that, but there isn't really enough information out there to determine that.

I find it easy to get excited, that is the problem. :D I should be making more music.

After grabbing Dune CM, I'm looking forward to demoing this as I'm sure it's quite advance by comparison.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 pm
ENV1 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm Certainly could be viewed as a bit overdone.
Threatening to torture a lower life form is a bit over the top but the excitement is justified if you love Dune.

I'd be just as excited for Sylenth 2 or Hybrid 4 or....... :hihi:

could have gone with lambs or cows.
then wed have burgers while we wait too.

take a few puppies to make one sandwich.

Return to “Instruments”