PulseCode - PCM Drum Machine by Psychic Modulation (Updated to v1.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:51 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:23 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 pm Had an HR16 as well.
Me too. I had a Korg Superdrums before that ... good luck with the new plugin Jack. :)
I always wanted the HR16B the black model. If I remember correctly it had a little more "attitude". :)
Yes. I had the original HR16, which has “real” drum samples. Then they came out with the HR16B, with processed, electronic dance drum sounds. I was pretty pissed off, because that was really the kind of sound I wanted. I never did get a B...
I would have preferred the B model too, but it was out of my price range back then. My HR16 was a cheapish second hand purchase ... one of the worst kick drums ever imho. Probably ok for rock/pop in the early 90s, but no weight to it.

Calenberger wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:02 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:54 pm Man i want this. But bought way too many christmas gifts :lol:
Take it as early Easter gift :tu:
Good idea :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:48 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:19 pm 13bit? why have i never heard of that?
I did most of the sampling on an Ensomiq EPS, which is 13-bit. The only 13-bit sampler I know of actually.
Is the extra bit used for a sign marker?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

PulseCode has been updated to v1.3. This is quite a large update with several new features, fixes, improvments and more.

What's new:
  • Fracture Revamp.
  • Pitch Fracture has new Mode allowing Random, or Linear modulation.
  • Step Fracture expanded with new Number, Pattern and Offset controls, which greatly improve the Fracture functionality overall.
  • Sub-Presets added to Flow and Fracture for each sequence lane.
  • New Sequence Shift controls for nudging steps left or right.
  • Mute/Solo Cancel switches for deactivating multiple buttons at once.
  • Choke Targets for each drum.
  • Boost switches on mixer for volume increases.
  • VU meter readouts.
  • Master Tune (Pitch) for controlling entire kit.
  • Fill Arp: New Loop function for Pitch Envelope.
  • Fill Arp: Added Length control to Velocity Sequencer.
  • Bank and Preset buttons for quick access.
  • Preset sub folders now supported.
  • Fixed a file sorting issue on Mac (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina).
  • Fixed an issue with Ableton Live adding all sequencer parameters to automation list when using copy/paste/repeat.
  • Sound improvements for Kick, Snare and Tom Elements.
  • Includes: Several new Template Presets for various genres with recommended tempo.
  • Includes: New Sub-Presets for Drums, Patterns and more.
  • Includes: New Elements (Snares, Percs,Toms and HiHats).
  • Includes Custom MIDI Map (reference in manual).
More info and demo downloads here.

Registered users, to get your free update, just go here and click on the 'Account' tab. If you can't access your account or have any questions, just send me a PM or email.

Wow, this is one nice sounding tool. Discovered it during a sleepless night.
Due to the disbalance of good synths and good “drum machines with a sequencer” I think I’ll rearrange priorities in my plugin queue :)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

I am sure it is good plugin, but the user interface looks a bit cheap for a $89 plugin imho.

Be careful. Your next post is 666.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:26 pm I am sure it is good plugin, but the user interface looks a bit cheap for a $89 plugin imho.
With another UI it would be 149$! :party:

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:26 pm I am sure it is good plugin, but the user interface looks a bit cheap for a $89 plugin imho.
I’ll choose a themaically looking and sounding plugin over a supermodern looking somehow sounding one.
Btw the UI is pretty elaborate and properly working, thus not cheap.
And sounds nice.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Must admit, seems a little high priced. Looks nice though.

kvotchin wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:26 am Must admit, seems a little high priced. Looks nice though.
I strongly disagree it’s overpriced - PulseCode fills a definite need for me sonically, and I find it (and Phonec, and VectoMelt - basically, the whole PM lineup) to be an excellent value!

Fair enough. Plugin prices tend to be very subjective. If you are happy with them, at the prices you paid, well, you’re winning. :)

Personally, it just seems a bit too high, is all. No offence intended. As I said, it does look good.

Its a win 98 13bit interface for the win

Best to judge a plug's price too by the developers rep for updates - in this case, PulseCode 1.3 is already quite an improvement from 1.0. I don't need it yet but it's on my watch-list for sure!

As far as looks - It's not Bonnie McMurray, but it's serviceable, and there's some really good looking poo out there (not mentioning names, but there's some AI poo, for example... :wink: )

Also - see Valhalla for "plain looking but gets the job done"

I find the knobs on the Valhalla much easier to read. The colors used provide much better contrast.

Return to “Instruments”