One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RichardSemper
KVRist
447 posts since 30 Oct, 2013 from Stoke On Trent

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Voted!
The bar is so high - i feel guilty for giving any 2s at all!
Well done to everyone, and good luck :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AgnosticLlama
KVRer
5 posts since 31 Oct, 2018

Re: One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (Voting Time!)

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Voted! Some excellent tracks I’ll be listening to long after the competition is over. Good luck everyone

bh9090
KVRist
285 posts since 7 Dec, 2006 from Richmond, VA, USA

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Voted.

TheNeverScene
KVRian
594 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Voted. Was a very fun round to listen to!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

foxAsteria
KVRist
103 posts since 8 Aug, 2004

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Voted. So many songs...detailed SoundCloud feedback in exchange for the same, upon request.

My criteria was mostly how memorably the track stood out from the pack and:
Baseline of 3 points
Raised for: interesting sounds that worked well together, great production, creativity & style, disregard for genre, my own personal enjoyment.
Lowered for: annoying sounds that go too long, poor production, playing it safe, unfinished messes, wankery, you win too much and it's not fair to everyone else, if I just plain didn't like it.
Most tracks were a mix of both, and stayed in the 3 category alongside tracks that were merely adequate and forgettable, which isn't quite fair, so the number doesn't say much. Don't take it too personally...Wish we had a few categories to vote on.

I found it exciting to listen to the tracks first in a blind mix while engaged in a manual activity (to eliminate impatience). Then I re-listened, voting based on the strength of recalling that first impression. It was fun to "discover" who made my favorite tracks.

P.S. Entry version was uploaded as mp3 and I've uploaded the full res wav version for quality comparison. I now feel like uploading as mp3 has been a disservice to myself....
Last edited by foxAsteria on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~TwilightMysterySchool~
AtmosphericElectronicMusic

Local Man
KVRist
386 posts since 31 May, 2017

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Voted, phew!
Some really amazing stuff. Overall a very high level of quality and talent from this large group.
Man it so hard for me to participate in this competition. Making the track is tough enough but voting is even harder. I really wish I had more time to devote to both and I kind of feel guilty for not being able to give them my all.
Anyway, sorry for not leaving soundcloud comments but I find soundcloud to be a huge pain in the ass and the way I prefer to listen doesn't support commenting (or at least it doesn't make it easy).
Anyway, good luck to all and if I gave you a relatively low score, sorry, but I grade on the curve and there is some really mind blowing stuff here that throws the scale off a bit.

TrojakEW
KVRist
256 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Slovakia

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:30 pm

I have voted too. Actually finished voting yesterday but I was so tired so I didn't post about it. Huge number of participants but, well feedback is poor. Also I want to apologize if my comments feels little harsh but it was all in good intention.

Overall very good tracks but for me only two 5 pointers (no one in 1). Not because other track are worst but I find those 2 balanced in all aspects starting from theme to sound design, composition, expression up to final mix and master. It also doesn't mean that those two have every aspect on max level but all this aspects works together very well. There are also some other excelent tracks in 4 or 3 point group but some mojo there is missing.
Image Image Image Image

Leonard Bowman
KVRist
37 posts since 4 Jul, 2018 from North Carolina, United States of America

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 am

I've adjusted my voting. Really excellent tracks all around, y'all.
Some good compositions with okay production, some good productions with okay composition, and a fair bit that really nailed both.
I'll make the same apologies as everyone else. I liked all of the tracks in some way or another. But i needed a bit of headroom to separate the extra-impressive stuff from the impressive stuff.
But all in all, well done.
Just my 2^(2/1200)

CymaticCreation
KVRist
94 posts since 22 Nov, 2011 from The Pale Blue Dot

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:30 am

Voted!

Excellent tracks as always. Voted after at least 5-6 listens in the course of several days, and based on some criteria already mentioned above by others, but never based on musical and stylistic preferences - tried my best to remain objective.
And please don't hate me, or worse, get disheartened by the few 2s and 3s. It's just that I as well needed some headroom in order to distribute the tracks in distinct groups according to said criteria: composition, sound design and how well it suits the selected style, production, general idea and direction and so on. Naturally the only 1p track is my submission.

Will have a final listen now and second-guess my votes.

Good job all and cheers.

ontrackp
KVRian
660 posts since 13 Jan, 2013 from United States

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:05 am

Voted. Good month!

Eauson
KVRian
862 posts since 9 Jan, 2013 from morf

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:33 am

Voted
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

jasinski
KVRian
615 posts since 20 Oct, 2003 from Seattle

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:44 am

Me votes be in.

jmqjmq
KVRist
39 posts since 15 Nov, 2013

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Voted. Thank you everyone who commented.

zarf
KVRist
406 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Finally got there - voted. Good luck folks.

Lempface
KVRist
131 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:37 pm

So, supposed to post that you voted?

Voted a few days ago!

Return to “Instruments”