One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (Commercial plugs allows, new Secondary JRR prize!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
574X
KVRist
228 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 am

Noisemaker is completely rebuilt. It's a different engine.

An irony that was not lost on me is that in this OSC you get commercial plugins, but the synth is not that accessible for people in a garden of privilege. I'm not insinuating that it's bad to be in a garden of privilege, or to be impoverished with no hope of upward mobility.

bridgewize
brisk walk in the sun
beaming positivity
some protein and rest

z.prime
KVRAF
1681 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Re: One Synth Challenge #118: TAL Elek7ro (Special Rule, and new secondary prize: JRR Sounds soundsets!)

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am

@574X indeed, it is full of irony this time.

I'm not sure exactly what garden of privilege you think people are living in, but that's certainly not me. Perhaps some OSCers are, but I'm struggling to stay afloat because of a past year of mistakes. I just happen to still own FabFilter plugins and some others that I don't use because I can't seem to find motivation to do anything outside of OSC. They simply aren't so much better on the sound side of things than free or certain DAW effects, they just have very nice UIs, which makes editing easier and helps me keep motivation. The funniest thing about it all is that since I also have Bitwig, it does automatic 32-bit bridging and I _can_ actually use Elec7ro, it's just the UI is so broken it's hard to tell what's going on -- quite the opposite of the commercial plugs, so even more ironic for my own situation.

Guenon
KVRAF
1506 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Re: One Synth Challenge #118: TAL Elek7ro (Special Rule, and new secondary prize: JRR Sounds soundsets!)

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 am

z.prime wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:06 am
BTW... I'll have to redeploy my spy drones again soon.

P.S. -- even back then your sound design was amazing. :tu:
Hah! And thanks :). If I happen to catch a drone of yours, I'll turn it into a sculpture in my garden of privilege. Ta!

VCA-089
KVRer
26 posts since 26 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am

Hey, it is me again! It seems that I am among those who made this thing working. I'm not a fan of posting WIPs, but as I did it already, some of you may be curious what happened with my track. I have spent some time on it and I'm pretty happy with the result.

So this is my first draft. It will change dramaticly in terms of production I guess. Enjoy...

https://soundcloud.com/vca089/elek7ro-synthpop-demo-v2

zarf
KVRist
381 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 am

Brian / Richard will you be able to give us a decision or input into the suggestion to use Noisemaker instead?
I'm kind of waiting to start and I don't want to start sound designing on the wrong one.. :)

574X
KVRist

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am

Guenon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 am
z.prime wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:06 am
BTW... I'll have to redeploy my spy drones again soon.

P.S. -- even back then your sound design was amazing. :tu:
Hah! And thanks :). If I happen to catch a drone of yours, I'll turn it into a sculpture in my garden of privilege. Ta!
:lol:

It's abstract and open to interpretation (while referencing the garden of mac paradigmaticism). Guenon wins in his own way.

The question remains: Who has enough hope in themselves, to rise to this month's challenge?
brisk walk in the sun
beaming positivity
some protein and rest

RichardSemper
KVRist
417 posts since 30 Oct, 2013 from Stoke On Trent

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Hey guys, after further consideration:
Tal Noisemaker (any version) can be used or Elek7ro, or both may be mixed freely
(any verison of elek7ro)
Party on...

Guenon
KVRAF
1506 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Re: One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (Commercial plugs allows, new Secondary JRR prize!)

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:08 pm

HOLY MOLY

574X
KVRist

Re: One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (Commercial plugs allows, new Secondary JRR prize!)

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Guenon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:08 pm
HOLY MOLY
:lol:
brisk walk in the sun
beaming positivity
some protein and rest

zarf
KVRist
381 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:11 pm

RichardSemper wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm
Tal Noisemaker (any version) can be used or Elek7ro, or both may be mixed freely
(any verison of elek7ro)
Party on...
:party: Thanks for clarifying :D

TheNeverScene
KVRian
527 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:12 pm

WOW!! A double dose of awesome! Thanks Richard and Santa!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

ontrackp
KVRian
622 posts since 13 Jan, 2013 from United States

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Greetings from the Garden of Privilege.

Thanks BJ and Richard -- mac users have a reason to rejoice!

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12693 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 pm

In view of the limitations, maybe it would be cool to make every other OSC about a commercial synth. Most well-known synths have hundreds or even thousands of users, enough for an OSC. And it would be interesting to see if the results would be more commercial, professional, or whatever...

mmGhost
KVRist
205 posts since 24 Aug, 2009 from CO, USA

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 pm

RichardSemper wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm
(any verison of elek7ro)
Party on...
sick!

although i am a little sad b/c that GUI on elek7ro is just sexy as hell

pps @richard semper, are you the TAL dev? if so... :hail:
Soundcloud | Spotify | YouTube Tutorials
"Just sidechain everything to everything"

zerofox97
KVRist
81 posts since 17 Sep, 2013 from UK

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:52 pm

https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/elek7ro-wip/s-XxPIe
(THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS SO FAR)
I might be going a tad heavy on the distortion of some sounds, but at the same time, I dunno what I could do to replace them if this is unacceptable though. But this is what I'm currently working on. Maybe I'll finish it, Maybe not... depends on time and motivation really
It's very tasty, I swear!

Return to “Instruments”