Wind modelling synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

szurcio wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:47 am I wonder if it's much more difficult to design than string modelling synthesis, which seems to have dominated the market (String Studio, Sakura, Falcon, Kaivo)
Probably no, there are few synths that sound quite good ("Wind"), also several ones that sounds good playing "Plucked Strings", but apparently there's no any good Bowed String, I'd say.

You can use WIVI (pro version) to design giant saxophones, tiny flutes, etc. Formant and pitch can be changed.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

There is a new one in the making:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f26kZqQGogw

I have high hopes for that one, especially since they aren't "just" after perfect simulations of existing gear but it's supposed to be a rather open system for winds...
And it addresses both MPE and Breathcontrollers...

Should be interesting!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 am I have high hopes for that one, especially since they aren't "just" after perfect simulations of existing gear but it's supposed to be a rather open system for winds...
Exclusively perfect PM simulations aren't what I'm interested in, I also want an open system where I can mess with the PM parameters to get something really unusual. That's why I like Sculpture so much, but I want something that takes it to the next level.

Return to “Instruments”