Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
andypryce
KVRist
51 posts since 2 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Just got the mail. Roland Cloud is giving two instruments for life instead of one. It sure will end the speculation with a nice touch.

User avatar
beely
KVRAF
1608 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 pm

To be clear - it's a limited-time promotion to get you to sign up to a subscription, you pay for a year, and you get *two* instruments for that year's subs, instead of one instrument per 12 months previously.

If you don't renew your subscription, you can choose the two instruments you can still use.

jsp1979
KVRAF
2980 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Some have been subscribed for more than a year, right? Has anyone gotten a single instrument yet?

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
11742 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 pm

"Details & Disclaimers

This is a limited time offer (ends December 31st, 2018) for an annual subscription. It requires twelve months of paid continuous use or an annual paid subscription.

This is NOT a permanent license to a title currently available in Roland Cloud’s catalog. This is continuous play access to selected instruments. All policies, mechanisms, updates, login, and maintenance requirements stay in effect. Roland Cloud reserves the right to review its catalog selections at any time and does not guarantee your selected titles will remain active in perpetuity."

Pass........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SLiC
KVRAF
3023 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 pm

No software is ever Garanteed to work in perpetuity, you should read the software Li eve for the stuff you buy! It was obvious you would still need your account (that’s their software protection) but you won’t have to pay for it and you will still be able to use 2 instruments...seems OK to me.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

SLiC
KVRAF
3023 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:55 pm

jsp1979 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm
Some have been subscribed for more than a year, right? Has anyone gotten a single instrument yet?
You would have to unsubscribe to find out :wink:

Actually I logged in to my account (I have less than a year) and it says I have 2 free instruments and there is a button to press to pick them, so it is all set up and people who were already in get 2.... :D

Loyalty Program
Your rewards status is: Eligible

You have 2 instruments available

Claim your instruments

You haven't selected any instruments.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
11742 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:10 pm

SLiC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 pm
No software is ever Garanteed to work in perpetuity, you should read the software Li eve for the stuff you buy! It was obvious you would still need your account (that’s their software protection) but you won’t have to pay for it and you will still be able to use 2 instruments...seems OK to me.
Nothing is guaranteed in perpetuity. :wink:

But then most developers don't warn you up front that at their discretion whatever plugins you paid for may no longer work.

But hey, I didn't write the Disclaimer. All I said was "Pass". Please feel free to indulge in the Roland Cloud if you wish. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Angle Loss
KVRist
63 posts since 3 Jan, 2012

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm

I've been on an annual subscription since October and it says I'm not eligible for 10 months, Am I going to get screwed and only get one?

Subscription Status: Subscribed
Next Bill Date: 10/17/2019
Account Status: Active

Memberships:
Premium

Loyalty Program
Your rewards status is: Pending
You have 10 months until your next reward.

D-Fusion
KVRAF
3399 posts since 13 Jul, 2004 from Earth

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Finally and in my mail it said 2 for life after 12months of membership with a max limit of 10 plugins :tu:
JX3P and JV1080 is what i chosed in the first run and i am 3 Months from the next 12Month ownership.

The JX3p has just that creamy warm sound that is very rare to have in a vst and the JV1080 Replaced my FA and the Integra 7 since it has all the PCM's i like from the Roland modules except for the supernatural synth part which i already have in my JD-Xi :)

Next on my list will be the System 8 and Juno 106 then the Jupiter and the 808 unless something more interesting comes along.

I already own the Roland SH-101, SH-2 and the System 1 from the content store but they are not updated to the latest versions which is a shame.

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17162 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Angle Loss wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm
I've been on an annual subscription since October and it says I'm not eligible for 10 months, Am I going to get screwed and only get one?

Subscription Status: Subscribed
Next Bill Date: 10/17/2019
Account Status: Active

Memberships:
Premium

Loyalty Program
Your rewards status is: Pending
You have 10 months until your next reward.
Best contact RC support.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2457 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Damn. This might tip me over the Roland Cloud edge.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
5776 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Hmmm...have 2 instruments waiting for me to claim. As a System-8 owner, do I go with the System-8 and Juno-106 (my two favorite engines) to get long-term access to the plugins (recall, librarian), or do I go with the 808 and 909 exactly because I don't have them?

ftech
KVRian
1033 posts since 8 Oct, 2004 from Australia

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Angle Loss wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm
I've been on an annual subscription since October and it says I'm not eligible for 10 months, Am I going to get screwed and only get one?

Subscription Status: Subscribed
Next Bill Date: 10/17/2019
Account Status: Active

Memberships:
Premium

Loyalty Program
Your rewards status is: Pending
You have 10 months until your next reward.
I have the same pending status in my account, so will wait for a little while to see if that changes. Happy using all the gear in my sub in the meantime.
Do you own any of the old Content Store plugin/outs? I do, and I'm hoping that's what the hold up is. Roland did say to sit tight if you bought from them before the sub model was introduced, but that was a looooong time ago. Not going to hold my breath on getting anything from owning CS plugin/outs, but I can dream.

User avatar
commodore
KVRist
252 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Nice, I've been wanting to check out the roland cloud synths, but was turned off by the subscription. Might be worth it if any of these sound decent. Hoping the JV1080 sounds good. And when's the JP8080 coming??? lol. I'll sign up for the free 30 days and demo these guys out.

Anyone have any favorites of their cloud synths? Wondering what I should spend the most time looking at. Thanks!

edit - just downloaded a few of them. First impressions - the D-50 sounds great. The jupiter sounds meh. The 1080 is my dream come true. Put a bunch of blackhole reverb on the pad patches and it's about the best thing ever. Hope they do a JD990 haha.

TheSynthScientist
KVRist
72 posts since 29 Nov, 2018

Re: Roland Cloud 2 Instruments for life

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 pm
"Details & Disclaimers

This is a limited time offer (ends December 31st, 2018) for an annual subscription. It requires twelve months of paid continuous use or an annual paid subscription.

This is NOT a permanent license to a title currently available in Roland Cloud’s catalog. This is continuous play access to selected instruments. All policies, mechanisms, updates, login, and maintenance requirements stay in effect. Roland Cloud reserves the right to review its catalog selections at any time and does not guarantee your selected titles will remain active in perpetuity."

Pass........ :shrug:
Thanks for the details.

Return to “Instruments”